Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
If anyone wants to join in, I have a sweet ass patio overlooking Lake Union, Seattle. Come if you please, bring drinks and be nice. Onetrickpony @Onetrickpony and family are formerly invited.
If we are ever allowed to come to the US again without mandatory isolation I just might take you up on that offer.

I’ve had a birthday gift for my son from last June sitting 5 minutes on the other side of the border and haven’t been able to pick it up yet.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
If we are ever allowed to come to the US again without mandatory isolation I just might take you up on that offer.

I’ve had a birthday gift for my son from last June sitting 5 minutes on the other side of the border and haven’t been able to pick it up yet.
Where? Can I help?

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Have you ever tried one of those bbq woks? For grilled veg they are amazing!
I use a wok or cast iron for 95% of my cooking. Never tried one on the BBQ. I’ve always gone with wrapping my vegetables in foil with spice and butter or using a griddle.

No, I'm more of a cast iron guy.
Iron pans are great on the stove and on an open fire but I have an iron griddle for the bbq that works great.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I use a wok or cast iron for 95% of my cooking. Never tried one on the BBQ. I’ve always gone with wrapping my vegetables in foil with spice and butter or using a griddle.

Iron pans are great on the stove and on an open fire but I have an iron griddle for the bbq that works great.
Something about the holes in the wok and the flame touching the veg is worth the extra bbq wok.

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Cast is great for heat retention. I have a shit ass modern electric stove that shuts itself off because that's energy efficient. It sucks. I'd kill for a gas range. CI help keep me sane.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Where? Can I help?
Thank you very much for the offer but it’s ok.

I have a mailing address in the States and it’s literally 5 minutes across the border an hour from my house. The issue is that I can’t cross the border without quarantining myself for two weeks.

My son knows what it is and we will go pick it up at some point when this insanity subsides.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Thank you very much for the offer but it’s ok.

I have a mailing address in the States and it’s literally 5 minutes across the border an hour from my house. The issue is that I can’t cross the border without quarantining myself for two weeks.

My son knows what it is and we will go pick it up at some point when this insanity subsides.
Good luck to you and your son.

Nov 21, 2015
I suck at cooking therefore I hate it. You guys would laugh
at the shit I cook.

I typically use a meal prep service these days.
I've tried them all at one time or another

Was using UFC's Trifecta before trying these guys.
They deliver my meals for the next week every Friday

Todays Delivery

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1281.JPG

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I suck at cooking therefore I hate it. You guys would laugh
at the shit I cook.

I typically use a meal prep service these days.
I've tried them all at one time or another

Was using UFC's Trifecta before trying these guys.
They deliver my meals for the next week every Friday

Todays Delivery

View attachment 32785

View attachment 32786
Cookings not hard and it’s fun.

I grew up eating bland ass white peoples food. I worked in a few restaurants in my teenage years and taught myself how to cook in my 20’s.

it’s stupid easy to learn now. If you have an Alexa or Google speaker they will give you a grocery list and cooking instructions for almost anything you want to eat.

Save some cash and impress your lady friends by buying your own groceries and cooking your own meals.

Nov 21, 2015
Cookings not hard and it’s fun.

I grew up eating bland ass white peoples food. I worked in a few restaurants in my teenage years and taught myself how to cook in my 20’s.

it’s stupid easy to learn now. If you have an Alexa or Google speaker they will give you a grocery list and cooking instructions for almost anything you want to eat.

Save some cash and impress your lady friends by buying your own groceries and cooking your own meals.
Thanks for the tip. I'd like to learn one day. I think what I
really dislike is going to grocery stores and dealing with
people and crowds.

To impress the ladies I have guitars and keyboards all over
the house that I pretend to be good at

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
All this talk of cooking being easy..

Lets back up and set yourself up for success.

Always pre read a recipe, make sue you have all ingredients and cooking supplies.

Preheat oven or pull out nessesary cookware

Prepare the food for the recipe. Measure out, have easily accessible and clean up as you go.

Now you are ready to start cooking.

Follow recipe.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Thanks for the tip. I'd like to learn one day. I think what I
really dislike is going to grocery stores and dealing with
people and crowds.

To impress the ladies I have guitars and keyboards all over
the house that I pretend to be good at
Actually, this makes sense- the shopping/ingredient selection is the biggest pain in the ass for me too. We got Hellofresh and it's kind of a nice compromise- you pick the meals and they send the portioned ingredients. You still have to chop and prep. You get the satisfaction of cooking without having to deal with the grocery store line. Might be worth a try. Let me know if you want to, I'm sure I have some kind of free meals introductory promo I can shoot you.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
If I'm not mistaken, my wife's dad is coming by tonight with her brother and they're making Tandoori Chicken on the grill. Will send pics...

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Actually, this makes sense- the shopping/ingredient selection is the biggest pain in the ass for me too. We got Hellofresh and it's kind of a nice compromise- you pick the meals and they send the portioned ingredients. You still have to chop and prep. You get the satisfaction of cooking without having to deal with the grocery store line. Might be worth a try. Let me know if you want to, I'm sure I have some kind of free meals introductory promo I can shoot you.
HelloFresh and other meal services like them make cooking really easy because everything you need is in the box, with really detailed instructions.

Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $ @Dat Pre-HollyHolm Ronda $ you can also do grocery delivery through many of the stores, or curbside pick-up. I use Shipt and Instacart often, but I do like going to the farm stand to pick out my own fruits and veggies.
Preparing fresh meals like you ordered is really simple. You might benefit from a rice cooker, if you don’t have one. You can also get a multi cooker that does rice, slow cooking, and pressure cooking… and more. They’re a good investment and they take a lot of the guesswork out of cooking since there’s millions of recipes with exact times and details out there.

Last edited:

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Lemon ricotta pasta with black pepper and pecorino cheese. It was supposed to be lemon or black paper and pecorino, but I didn’t read well. Tastes amazing, though.
33A06E16-DF98-4A82-9EB6-B7CFF2829FDE.jpeg

pork tenderloin and sautéed onions and mushrooms.
26E5ADD5-6909-4362-80D1-84163BA4A32D.jpeg

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
8 lb pork butt. 15-hour smoke at 235F now resting.

Sliders and pulled pork sandwiches this afternoon. Any other recommended recipes for pulled pork? Tacos?

PXL_20210418_152216298.PORTRAIT.jpg