Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
all this BBQ makes me envious . i cant BBQ for shit. i pretty much just burn it . i did do some meal prep yesterday before the fights and made a beef stew and a slow cooker chili , i portioned out the chili for lunches and same with the left over stew. i work with a bunch of old dudes who have their wives pack their lunch so i cant be showing up like the young guys on my crew with a bag of crackers and a juice box for lunch. 2 of the old fellas are from india and they pull out a spread of curries ,rice and naan every day .it smells so good

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
all this BBQ makes me envious . i cant BBQ for shit. i pretty much just burn it . i did do some meal prep yesterday before the fights and made a beef stew and a slow cooker chili , i portioned out the chili for lunches and same with the left over stew. i work with a bunch of old dudes who have their wives pack their lunch so i cant be showing up like the young guys on my crew with a bag of crackers and a juice box for lunch. 2 of the old fellas are from india and they pull out a spread of curries ,rice and naan every day .it smells so good
People will call it cheating, but pellet smokers are pretty damn easy. Literally following instructions and whatnot. You could definitely manage one of those without burning the meat.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
People will call it cheating, but pellet smokers are pretty damn easy. Literally following instructions and whatnot. You could definitely manage one of those without burning the meat.
i wish i could but i am in a no fun apartment building. no bbqs of any kind are allowed. its fascism i tell ya lol

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What kind of smokers do you guys have?

Considering getting into the game, how much for a nice one?

What brand? etc...

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
What kind of smokers do you guys have?

Considering getting into the game, how much for a nice one?

What brand? etc...
I have a Weber Smokey Mountain. No frills, maintains temp well, and has yielded good results.
E1AB7F70-41FE-4519-AE11-88045CFBC6A6.jpeg
It is fine and I would recommend it as a solid smoker but if I were to buy one today I would likely splurge for a Kamado Joe or a Traeger...probably the later so I can let technology calibrate temps for me.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
I have a Weber Smokey Mountain. No frills, maintains temp well, and has yielded good results.
View attachment 33562
It is fine and I would recommend it as a solid smoker but if I were to buy one today I would likely splurge for a Kamado Joe or a Traeger...probably the later so I can let technology calibrate temps for me.
I’d say my little one is just as good as the Traeger, just smaller and less expensive. I do love Traegers, though.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I have this cutie. I got it on a Mother’s Day sale last year from them directly. For an inexpensive smoker, it’s great. It may be small, but it’s more than enough for the four of us. Same with my sister

Green Mountain Davy Crockett

View attachment 33561
View attachment 33562
Thanks
Those look cool

I have been looking at custom 55 gallon drum smokers also

The auto temp feature is pretty appealing to me

View attachment 33562
What's the price on one of those bad boys?

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
What's the price on one of those bad boys?
There are three sizes. The 22in is $460, the 18in is $350, and the 14in is $230. I got the mid-size 18in because the 14in would be too small but the amount I would use the full cooking area on a 22in would be so limited that it would be a waste of charcoal and money for most of my cooks.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
My mouth is watering! You and I are about to have a pork throw-down! I just picked up a pork belly from my butcher and I’m going to turn it into burnt ends on Saturday.
Sounds like I’m coming to Albany! ?
I love pork belly and burnt ends.
I am gonna get ragged on for saying this but I love pork when made in the smoker more than any other meat.

digthisbigcrux

Dreams are free, motherfucker
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

You can still do some decent pulled pork or beef in that slow cooker. Instapot works well too.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
LoL I can just imagine all the old dudes shootin' the shit talking about grown man shit while the young guys whip out some fucking lunchables and the juice box while watching tiktok vids through lunch...

You can always try one of these bad boys...