Why can't americans drive?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
What a sad way of looking at things.

Why are you here anyway? The UFC nor any other combat-sports-org is on that chart! Are you involved in forums of those sports? If not, why?
And interestingly enough, the EPL is not the league that has the best teams, nor is the countries national team anywhere close to be the most successful. What does that say?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Also your leagues have at least 30 teams, football leagues have at 20 or less. You have more games and more clubs --> more revenue. If you look at revenue per club, it looks a little different.
Imagine football-teams playing 81 games a season plus playoffs.

Furthermore, this leaves out the Champions-League completely and probably the national cups as well. Which is the biggest and most profitable stage in club-football. Its not a fair representation.

But as I said, its a sad way of looking at it. Sport is about enjoyment, fun, health, emotions. If you are such a fan of money going around, go to the stock market.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
• Global sports market revenue 2006-2015 | Statistic
"The NFL for example generates almost 9 billion U.S. dollars in revenue each year, the NBA around 3.7 billion U.S. dollars. In comparison, the European football market has an estimated size of 19.4 billion euros (23.8 billion U.S. dollars)."

God damn, you might need to become a football fan after all!
But yeah, this is not a fair representation either regarding amounts of clubs and games etc.

And in my mind clearly, number of fans > wealth of fans. Or do you want to say that wealthy people are just better people anyway?

M

member 1013

What's rounders? is that slang for checkers? I'm a professional checkers player so watch your mouths...

M

member 3289

Furthermore, this leaves out the Champions-League completely and probably the national cups as well. Which is the biggest and most profitable stage in club-football. Its not a fair representation.
Champions league is an annual competition. It's not an organized league.

But as I said, its a sad way of looking at it. Sport is about enjoyment, fun, health, emotions. If you are such a fan of money going around, go to the stock market.
When you get back from Neverland, maybe you'll come to realize that money makes the world go round.

So if we talk about sports that matter the most, revenue should be the chief factor in determining what matters and what doesn't.

And when we use that logical interpretation, America and Americans dominate the sporting world outside of the EPL.

You sound like a typical butthurt European who just mad that his country doesn't really matter any more.

You are the past, we are the future. Accept this and your life will be easier.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Does it? How come that the roided up players were so much better then? Cause roids improve you hand-eye-coordination? Sounds plausible.
I think you are talking out of your ass more than anything here. Unless you have actual sources. Do you?
I don't really feel like googling sources, but it's not a secret that hitting a moving round object with a moving round object is an act that flies in the face of physics.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Champions league is an annual competition. It's not an organized league.
Then how about you count out the playoffs from your leagues, and see where the revenue is then. At this point I'm starting to become sure that you do not think before posting. It makes no sense to compare the NFL or NBA including playoffs to one single football league in a country with 20% the population of yours, and then even leave out all the bigger competitions. Do you understand that? The systems are different, and the circumstances are different.

When you get back from Neverland, maybe you'll come to realize that money makes the world go round.
If your life only revolves around money, I feel for you. Its sad. Is money your god? What makes you happy?

But again the question: Why are you here? Why are you an MMA-fan? Think about it. Why does this sport interest you? Why are you passionate for it? Why does it matter to you? It can't be money. Please dude, think.

So if we talk about sports that matter the most, revenue should be the chief factor in determining what matters and what doesn't.
And when we use that logical interpretation, America and Americans dominate the sporting world outside of the EPL.
Hmm no? Please read the statistic again, not just your chart that does not show an equitable picture, and try to comprehend. Be logical.

When it comes to money, European football clearly takes the cake over any US-sport. And its not even the biggest stage of the game! The World Cup.. Continental Cups.., if you really want to make this about revenue, you are going to lose. Well, you already are.
It is just more distributed in football. More competitions, more leagues, not just one big league, not just one larger than life game in the superbowl.

It is different, and I am not trying to shit on any of your systems, if it works for you, fine. Why do we gotta fight about it? Its silly.
Both have its place.

Seems to me this is about your ego now, or you are just trolling and baiting. Can you live with it that football is the sport that matters most? Even financially? And in my opinion, number of fans is still the biggest factor.

You sound like a typical butthurt European who just mad that his country doesn't really matter any more.
You are the past, we are the future. Accept this and your life will be easier.
This is funny. We just won the World Cup! :D The biggest sporting event you can win! You jealous? :)

Let me answer that for you: You probably are not jealous, because you don't care for the sport, right? Exactly!
So why would I be butthurt over the NFL doing good? Are you kidding? Your brain works in strange ways. And I even watch the superbowl most of the time, its a nice show and a good occasion to have a fun night with buddies (including Americans).

I am just astounded by your ignorance. Do you want to get political now? I really doubt you have the proper knowledge for that, honestly.

But yeah, I answered a bit personal now as well, since maybe that will reach you and make you think, if arguments can't do it.
Either way, your tactic of diverting the argument with personal and unrelated jabs does not exude sovereignty.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
rounders is matt damon/ed norton flick about poker.
Rounders is a game that was once played across the Commonwealth as well as other countries but was abandoned when we realized that it is a highly feminine endeavor, the Americans picked it up for obvious reasons added a bucket of aids to it and re-branded it "baseball" the worlds most womanly game.

Rounders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M

member 1013

Rounders is a game that was once played across the Commonwealth as well as other countries but was abandoned when we realized that it is a highly feminine endeavor, the Americans picked it up for obvious reasons added a bucket of aids to it and re-branded it "baseball" the worlds most womanly game.

Rounders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here in North America it was called stick ball and played with a piece of cow shit. Also the first ice hockey puck. Cow shit even makes good fertilizer. Useful shit, that shit.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What has more parity than the Olympic Games? Over a long time? With a lot of data? I think it has a good claim on showing the sports-prowess of a country, and their interest in pursuing it.
In a lot of ways the Olympics lack parity in a huge way. It's a gathering of sports which are generally only enjoyed by a small, very specific sample size. Biathlon is a perfect example. Realistically, how many countries in the world have an environment that's likely to harbor athletic participation in this event? That does apply almost across the Olympic spectrum. There are only a handful of sports that can be participated in at a high level almost universally. Soccer, Basketball, Rugby, and Wrestling pretty much round out the list. The detriment to the growth of wrestling, and soccer are that to the casual observer they're both incredibly boring.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
The detriment to the growth of wrestling, and soccer are that to the casual observer they're both incredibly boring.
Lolwut?! So the billions of football fans are all hardcore-fans? :D I get what you say though. But you can make that argument about any sport. I like basketball actually, even had a girlfriend play it semi-professionally - well amateur with pay.., here. But, often-times the first 2 maybe even 3 quarters can seem boring and uninteresting, and only the final phase of the game is exciting. That's the "curse" of games with very high scores.
Same as you can definitely make a case about football that way. About pretty much everything. Its taste.

In a lot of ways the Olympics lack parity in a huge way. It's a gathering of sports which are generally only enjoyed by a small, very specific sample size. Biathlon is a perfect example. Realistically, how many countries in the world have an environment that's likely to harbor athletic participation in this event? That does apply almost across the Olympic spectrum.
I totally see that argument. And we can take the winter games out of it completely if you want. (We will still look good :>)

Even in the summer games there are competitions dominated by certain nations and stuff. But, by having a lot of data over a large amount of time, I think it you can make some derivations (not sure if its the right word), from the whole. Not from particular athletes or disciplines, from the whole.

Nations strive to get medals, and they can seek out niches and work towards getting good at that. Or they want to dominate or be good at certain disciplines and put their efforts there. Or spread the attention you give your athletes more. Either way, I think it tells something about the nations and how they value athletic competition. But in general I'm pretty certain that most nations try to get the most medals they can.
So that is data you can use when the quantity is there.
Now of course, with for example football and American football being practically pointless or not there in the Olympics, a lot of athletic efforts nowadays are not going to be counted in that.

Actually a couple of times I heard of football being described as substitute for war between the European countries. Since we don't do war between ourselves any longer. And I'm sure its not the only sport that’s getting compared to it.. there was something about hockey in the cold war, right?
I rather have effort going into athletic competition than war.