General Why did sauron have the rings made?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
you found that in the movies? probably the extended versions on DVD... never saw those...
There is much more to that world than just the movies.

Not sure in which book the Annatar stuff is in, probably the Silmarillion.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fucking hell

Some chiner women sat down near me. They have nerd glasses on too

I may sell this website in a couple hours

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Goddammit. Got a call off some know poontang. Otherwise I'd challenge them Chinese people to a fight

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
But correct me if I am wrong, if they stab gollum in the head after he tells them where the ring was, then the cunt couldn't be alive to destroy it at the end would he
If they stabbed Frodo right..
If Gandalf would be smart enough to not stand on the bridge he is collapsing..

If this if that..

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
If they stabbed Frodo right..
If Gandalf would be smart enough to not stand on the bridge he is collapsing..

If this if that..
God dang you know a lot about LOTR.

I read the books back to back. That was a mistake. by the end of ROTK I literally just wanted everyone to die horribly and the world to implode. Bad move.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015

I read the books back to back. That was a mistake. by the end of ROTK I literally just wanted everyone to die horribly and the world to implode. Bad move.
First books I read in English. But I already knew the German version (which is better).

For me the most taxing part is the journey of Frodo, Sam and Gollum into and through Mordor, it gets very tedious.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
First books I read in English. But I already knew the German version (which is better).

For me the most taxing part is the journey of Frodo, Sam and Gollum into and through Mordor, it gets very tedious.
Yes me too. I am glad I am not the only one...

Like that bit in Apocalypse now when they meet that french family.... just get the fuck on with it ffs.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
There is much more to that world than just the movies.

Not sure in which book the Annatar stuff is in, probably the Silmarillion.
I read the 4 books written by tolkien. Granted its several years ago but I really don't remember that part. I guess you're mentioning the book(s) written by his son?

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015

It's a credit to the translator if you thought the German translations were better. Some translators have this unique gift to be able to fully understand the foreign language they're translating and its subtleties; plus they know the craft of storytelling and they already write well themselves in their native language. That my friend is s unique gift.

One translator that comes to mind is Donald Keene. The guy translated several Japanese authors after ww2. He knows the Japanese language inside out and writes damn well! In fact some Japanese writers can thank their Nobel prize/notoriety to him.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Yes me too. I am glad I am not the only one...

Like that bit in Apocalypse now when they meet that french family.... just get the fuck on with it ffs.
Same here too.
Its obvious Tolkien wanted to make the part about mordor a psychological journey... in a sense it was well done because I think everybody got f**** bored myself included after all those adventures. LOL Seriously though probably where Tolkien is not his strongest: inner conflict and introspection. He should've read some Japanese authors. It's all about that! Lol

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
It's a credit to the translator if you thought the German translations were better. Some translators have this unique gift to be able to fully understand the foreign language they're translating and its subtleties; plus they know the craft of storytelling and they already write well themselves in their native language. That my friend is s unique gift.

One translator that comes to mind is Donald Keene. The guy translated several Japanese authors after ww2. He knows the Japanese language inside out and writes damn well! In fact some Japanese writers can thank their Nobel prize/notoriety to him.
Yeah, they were able to make the setting and atmosphere more palpable with the language.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Yeah, they were able to make the setting and atmosphere more palpable with the language.
I bet
My German friend once told me that if you want to summon the devil German is surely the language to go to. So for LOTR... Lol

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015

I tapped out in Twin Towers (chapter I think two) where Legolas and Aragorn sing on the mountaintops............for a whole fucking chapter

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I reckon legolas would have fucked up sauron anyway. They made that fucker into a superhero in those movies.

Is he as tough as that in the books?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I reckon legolas would have fucked up sauron anyway. They made that fucker into a superhero in those movies.

Is he as tough as that in the books?
There's actually an entire chapter in the third book implying the homosexual nature of his relationship with gimli.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You know what.

I don't think about it much but why, why, why at the start of the first movie they didn't just say fuck that just make the sword for Aragon instead and let's go the ghosts and fuck Mordor up?

If they are gonna ruin that great trilogy of movie from my childhood I'd rather they had a disclaimer that ghosts were gonna save the day.

What a crock of shit

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Fucking ghosts

If I had written the LOTR it would have been good