Woodley triggered in 3,2,1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Just out of curiosity what are you referring too? No man of any color has said or spelled any derogatory racist terms in this thread. So what are you upset about?
Well here is a black dude telling you he's a herb and it's unacceptable.
There's no way I should be coming on here and seeing a youtube video with that title. It's fucked up and you should know better.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
There's no way I should be coming on here and seeing a youtube video with that title. It's fucked up and you should know better.

I think it's sort of fucked up that he made the video but feel free to post it.

Super cringe-worthy at a minimum. But it's also a current fighter put something out as a topical conversation.

Fighters do all kinds of dumb shit that we should talk about.

My commentary is that this was a super cringe-worthy video and I'm not sure 2% Perry got a pass to drop n bombs. And especially not in such a hokie slap hazard context.

I'm cringing and I'm sure others are going to be unhappy about it. Can't blame them.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015

Super cringe-worthy at a minimum. But it's also a current fighter put something out as a topical conversation.

My commentary is that this was a super cringe-worthy video and I'm not sure 2% Perry got a pass to drop n bombs. And especially not in such a hokie slap hazard context.

I'm cringing and I'm sure others are going to be unhappy about it. Can't blame them.
It's acceptable content on this forum just because a fighter posted it?

Nov 21, 2015

I don't expect much from Perry but was very surprised that Jackson's camp was ok with that.
Just seems like a major PR problem waiting to happen. The Jackson Wink logo is in full view on the
wall in the video.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
It's acceptable content on this forum just because a fighter posted it?
The video title doesn’t come up on my phone. I had to go to YouTube to see it.

I still don’t get the problem though. Would your idea to be that everyone pretends it didn’t happen instead of calmly discussing the video? Would it have been OK if it was rampage or Rashad who made the video? What about someone who’s half black like Koschek, is that cool?

For five years I dated and almost married a black chick before I met my wife. Never once did I say the word, even when black dudes (including her own brother) would get in my face with racial slurs about white people because they weren’t happy with me dating a black girl (ironically while they were almost always with white chicks). I heard people call my gf and her friends it (which very quickly would not go well for the people who said it) and have seen first hand how decisive a word it can be. But even after all that I sure as fuck don’t understand why people feel the need to act like an ostrich when it comes up and refuse to talk about it.

Why is this word that’s said daily by millions of people such a vitriolic subject that it can’t even be printed or conversed about by anyone who isn’t black?

Racism isn’t going to go away by ignoring it. Get shit out in the open, know your enemy and find ways to combat it.

Oct 24, 2015
Why didn't I get notifications on this thread? Oh well.
Seen it on MMADIGEST and saw what an idiot this dude was acting and thought that I would share. Do I think he was trying to be racist? No, but I do think it was stupid. Sadly this is the world we live in. No respect. People use words without know the meaning or origins of said words. No regard of others. Someone speaks out and are labeled as "snowflakes" or what ever term is hip at the time. As a person in the "minority" I brush off stuff like this. But sometimes I wonder if I'm part of said problem to let it slide and fester more?
I apologize to anyone offended by the content of the video I posted.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
The video title doesn’t come up on my phone. I had to go to YouTube to see it.

I still don’t get the problem though. Would your idea to be that everyone pretends it didn’t happen instead of calmly discussing the video? Would it have been OK if it was rampage or Rashad who made the video? What about someone who’s half black like Koschek, is that cool?

For five years I dated and almost married a black chick before I met my wife. Never once did I say the word, even when black dudes (including her own brother) would get in my face with racial slurs about white people because they weren’t happy with me dating a black girl (ironically while they were almost always with white chicks). I heard people call my gf and her friends it (which very quickly would not go well for the people who said it) and have seen first hand how decisive a word it can be. But even after all that I sure as fuck don’t understand why people feel the need to act like an ostrich when it comes up and refuse to talk about it.

Why is this word that’s said daily by millions of people such a vitriolic subject that it can’t even be printed or conversed about by anyone who isn’t black?

Racism isn’t going to go away by ignoring it. Get shit out in the open, know your enemy and find ways to combat it.
We can talk about it all we want, but we don't need to say the word, or see it posted.

Your reasoning is unsound, and very white (despite "dating and almost marrying a black chick). I advise you to present a black dude with this argument. The fact that you reflect the prevailing opinion on what I thought was a progressive board is disappointing.

Enjoy guys. I'm out.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
We can talk about it all we want, but we don't need to say the word, or see it posted.

Your reasoning is unsound, and very white (despite "dating and almost marrying a black chick). I advise you to present a black dude with this argument. The fact that you reflect the prevailing opinion on what I thought was a progressive board is disappointing.

Enjoy guys. I'm out.
I have presented this to black guys and had no issue whatsoever, it’s white guys who get upset and start acting like some other white guy saying this reflects against everyone who’s white.

Also what prevailing opinion am I reflecting? I have said heathy conversation isn’t a bad thing. It’s the other white guys on here who’ve unjustly assumed because I value discourse that I think perry should be saying this, which I don’t.

But he did and unless I’m missing something really fucking important discussing it doesn’t break anyone’s bones

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015

Enjoy guys. I'm out.
I think you're being a bit too sensitive!