ZoolanderII proposed boycott underway for transgender insensitivity

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Maybe they want extra categories at the Oscars, you know, like women already got.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe they want extra categories at the Oscars, you know, like women already got.
They have overall awards and male and female awards for each category I believe. Why do there need special ones based on race? The whole thing is ridiculous. Of all things to protest about in terms of racial inequality you protest the rich people not patting the other rich people on the back enough? Reallllllllly?

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
They have overall awards and male and female awards for each category I believe. Why do there need special ones based on race? The whole thing is ridiculous. Of all things to protest about in terms of racial inequality you protest the rich people not patting the other rich people on the back enough? Reallllllllly?
Yes, I find it equally ridiculous. Hollywood is not known to be backwards anyhow, and in my mind, not even the gendered categories are needed. As if acting-performance has anything to do with gender.
But, I do get that it is a show more than anything else. The more legit categories to be talked about, the better.

That being said, if there are any black actors, directors or whatever that have put on a phenomenal performance and deserved a nomination, then they may have a reason to be angry that this person is not included. I don't see any of that mentioned here.

She is talking about power and economical impact and all that jazz here, it really seems very misdirected.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes, I find it equally ridiculous. Hollywood is not known to be backwards anyhow, and in my mind, not even the gendered categories are needed. As if acting-performance has anything to do with gender.
But, I do get that it is a show more than anything else. The more legit categories to be talked about, the better.

That being said, if there are any black actors, directors or whatever that have put on a phenomenal performance and deserved a nomination, then they may have a reason to be angry that this person is not included. I don't see any of that mentioned here.

She is talking about power and economical impact and all that jazz here, it really seems very misdirected.
Sir, I would like to officially say, I agree with you Q @Qat.

This is a beautiful event!

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Demian bichir is winning at life didn't even know this was his wife,that Oscar money #Diversity

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Jeez.

Okay so by comparison to the most recent failed boycott, I'm predicting this beats Star Wars at the box office...... yeah? lol.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Good.

I always worry I'll end up sat next to some creepy tranny at the theater.

I support this boycott!

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm gonna need Priziesthorse @Priziesthorse to weigh in on this for validity.
Not surprised to see that from Spike as he often shows he is out of touch with reality. He should be thankful that he received an honorary Academy Award last year, because he certainly wouldn't receive a real one on merit. If he really wanted the Academy Awards to be about fairness and equality then he should be adamantly opposed to the Academy having racial quotas when it comes to nominees. Great work speaks for itself, regardless of race, ethnicity, or nationality. The most nominated film this year was created by a Mexican director. He didn't need to cry for affirmative action to make that happen. His work did.

I've seen all the major releases of 2015 and the majority of indy films. Beasts of No Nation and Tangerine(movies with black leads) were among my list of favorites this year. It would have been nice to see them get nominated for a few categories, but the fact that they were Netflix movies was held against them. Straight Outta Compton being nominated for Best Picture would be laughable to me. There were 2 other biopic films that were better this year imo.

Jada is experiencing sour grapes because her husband wasn't nominated for Best Actor. His performance was mediocre at best and the movie fucking sucked. If she spoke about blacks not being nominated in special effect or cinematography categories instead of just actor roles, I would find her argument to be more credible. Sometimes it's easier to cry racial foul play when the hurtful truth is that you were just simply not good enough.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Ban humanities degrees for for fucks sake except philosophy of course since its too hard for triggered retards to complete
Let's put the graduates in interstellar travel pods and launch them all into outer space. We can colonize Mars with 'intelligent' life and have more fun here at home at the same time. It's win/win!

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Let's put the graduates in interstellar travel pods and launch them all into outer space. We can colonize Mars with 'intelligent' life and have more fun here at home at the same time. It's win/win!
Or drag the triggering fat bulldyke SJW cunts out on the lawn and execute them like the dogs that they are.

We got options here Uncle father time.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You know, it's become so bad that today's American comedians won't go anywhere near a university campus. Because, you know, that's what they do. Tell jokes. It's worse than the science fiction authors of my boyhood back in the 1920's-1930's predicted it would be. Much worse.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Not surprised to see that from Spike as he often shows he is out of touch with reality. He should be thankful that he received an honorary Academy Award last year, because he certainly wouldn't receive a real one on merit. If he really wanted the Academy Awards to be about fairness and equality then he should be adamantly opposed to the Academy having racial quotas when it comes to nominees. Great work speaks for itself, regardless of race, ethnicity, or nationality. The most nominated film this year was created by a Mexican director. He didn't need to cry for affirmative action to make that happen. His work did.

I've seen all the major releases of 2015 and the majority of indy films. Beasts of No Nation and Tangerine(movies with black leads) were among my list of favorites this year. It would have been nice to see them get nominated for a few categories, but the fact that they were Netflix movies was held against them. Straight Outta Compton being nominated for Best Picture would be laughable to me. There were 2 other biopic films that were better this year imo.

Jada is experiencing sour grapes because her husband wasn't nominated for Best Actor. His performance was mediocre at best and the movie fucking sucked. If she spoke about blacks not being nominated in special effect or cinematography categories instead of just actor roles, I would find her argument to be more credible. Sometimes it's easier to cry racial foul play when the hurtful truth is that you were just simply not good enough.
Do you Florian this post? If not we'll said, thanks for the insight. You should start making threads like "The Horscars" or something were you do your own movie/TV awards and have witty comments on good and bad performances. This would help people like me make a list of what's needed to be seen.