General 14 students, 1 teacher dead following mass school shooting in Texas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That’s not accurate. The crowd panicked when a speaker (out of their site) fell over making a loud popping noise. The lady on the stage seen it happen and seen the crowds reaction, hence yelling freeze.

Crazy this is an American reaction to a loud bang.
To that audience a loud noise equals mass shooting, and they stampede each other

I don't think they represent all Muricans at all

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
That’s not accurate. The crowd panicked when a speaker (out of their site) fell over making a loud popping noise. The lady on the stage seen it happen and seen the crowds reaction, hence yelling freeze.

Crazy this is an American reaction to a loud bang.
Are you sure? If you click on the link to full story, there's of a vid of them taking a dude into custody for yelling something that caused the rucos

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Are you sure? If you click on the link to full story, there's of a vid of them taking a dude into custody for yelling something that caused the rucos
I read about it somewhere yesterday, I think the lady on stage was being interviewed. maybe a guy did yell but it was all in reaction to a speaker falling over causing a loud popping noise.

Either way, crazy to see Americans so on edge.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I read about it somewhere yesterday, I think the lady on stage was being interviewed. maybe a guy did yell but it was all in reaction to a speaker falling over causing a loud popping noise.

Either way, crazy to see Americans so on edge.
Yeh man. There are situations where it unfortunately crosses my mind

As an example, I was invited to speak at some con, and my first question was if they have metal detectors (since I've recieved online death threats by weird people who don't like my Game of Thrones theories lol)

I also rarely go to movie theaters, because getting shot up is the only thing I can think about until the movie starts (and occasionally during the movie)

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Yeh man. There are situations where it unfortunately crosses my mind

As an example, I was invited to speak at some con, and my first question was if they have metal detectors (since I've recieved online death threats by weird people who don't like my Game of Thrones theories lol)

I also rarely go to movie theaters, because getting shot up is the only thing I can think about until the movie starts (and occasionally during the movie)
And how do you feel about lightning?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
And how do you feel about lightning?
I know what you did there lol

Tbh tho, I was scared of it for a little. Had always heard stories of my mother uncle dying from lightning

Then, an awesome summer day turn to a thunderstorm. We all ran to the tents at the main house to wait it out. And lightning shattered an 80 footer type hickory tree down to around 15 feet. It was right next to their basketball hoop

So scary. We all ran away. The kids at my house with no power got in a sitting circle and prayed lol

M

member 1013

this is a much broader discussion of how the Information Age is changing the structure and function of government.

but i'm a bleeding-heart libertarian, and I think there are tax models that de-incentivize the hedonic treadmill, and charity-based organizational structures that would better serve the greater good. Liberty >> Freedom.

All these artifices of government are in place to protect an Us from a Them. But if we're all a connected species, there isn't really a Them any more. So then the gov't has to go in the business of manipulating information to perpetuate the existence of Them.
libertarians need to grow up

second someone tells me they are a diehard libertarian, i relegate them to the kids table

M

member 1013

Aren't Libertarians for open borders? Filthy @Filthy is that a thing for you? Am I mixing them up with a different philosophy?
libertarianism started as an explicitly far left, atheistic movement but in the states has been warped into an element of conservatism.

so don’t ask them, they don’t even know

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
libertarianism started as an explicitly far left, atheistic movement but in the states has been warped into an element of conservatism.

so don’t ask them, they don’t even know
Far Left prefers Authoritarianism round these parts nowadays
Pretty odd to witness

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
both branches of radicals want authoritarianism to impose their fringe views. there has always been authoritiarian right and left elements.
Fair enough, I see that

Not a fan of it

I wish I could have frozen the political clock late 90s, those were good times with not all the drama

-fuddy duddy

M

member 1013

Fair enough, I see that

Not a fan of it

I wish I could have frozen the political clock late 90s, those were good times with not all the drama

-fuddy duddy
bill clinton was the best prezzy of my liftem, because i was young and thought he wuz a playa

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Aren't Libertarians for open borders? Filthy @Filthy is that a thing for you? Am I mixing them up with a different philosophy?
some (small "l") libertarians are for open borders, but AFAIK the Libertarian position is one of enforceable immigration laws that promote free flow of goods and services, as well as ideas.

M

member 1013

some (small "l") libertarians are for open borders, but AFAIK the Libertarian position is one of enforceable immigration laws that promote free flow of goods and services, as well as ideas.
lmao

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
this is all theater to change the election narrative from "economy" to "guns" or "abortion". It's an appeal to single-issue voters
Why is it OK for gun nuts to be single-issue voters (as MILLIONS of them are) - but it's apparently not okay for people who are sick of the killing to become single issue voters? If you were born on the day Columbine happened then you're in your mid 20s now, and the only thing that has changed about guns in your entire life is that now there's way more of them, they're more easily available, more powerful and the NRA owns the GOP ever more completely. Why is that not worth being a single issue voter?

??

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Against borders. Against military funding. Against police.
I think our immigration laws are a joke.

I think we spend far too much advances the self-interests of the global elite with out military.

I think police are citizens and should be subject to equality before the law.