2015 Get your ass in shape thread!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Nodig;n30386 said:
Yeah, i did 4 weeks of Leverage before moving on to Barbell with very light weight started around 60kg and taking it slowly with legs. I'm not doing deadlifts just yet as i used to feel the quad injury most during the middle portion of the movement, will stick with SLDL then build my way back up.

All my other lifts are back up to normal though, just taking easy on legs for now. Gutted because i love feeling of heavy arse weight on leg day.

Oh ok so this didnt just recently happen, gotcha. Yeah man good luck and just cruise until you are 100 percent ready to kill it again! lol

Nodig

Jan 24, 2015
Pitbull3744;n30390 said:
Oh ok so this didnt just recently happen, gotcha. Yeah man good luck and just cruise until you are 100 percent ready to kill it again! lol
I started back around 8 weeks ago, think this is my 4th week back with the barbell.

I'm doing my legs movements very light for now, most of my other lifts are back to normal or close now, overall though i'm not doing nowhere near has much as i was before, hopefully i will get there.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Im sure you will be crushing it soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am going to try and get some vids of some of my lifts but i really hate to be "that guy" at the gym asking someone to film a lift for me lol but it would be fun to post it here and maybe some of you guys will too!

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just want to give an update since I'm going on vacation tomorrow and won't be around for a week.

Things are still going great. I am still holding around 27 lbs or so lost. I'm kind of in a nice rhythm now with food and exercising.

Haven't had a drink in about 2 months which will change tomorrow. I am going to try to take it easy on the 7 day cruise while still enjoying myself. Let's hope I can find a happy balance.

See you guys when I get back.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Y'all still working out and losing weight? This thread is a little dead.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm getting back on after 2 weeks off due to.....stuff. On the weekend I got my new bike out and rode 30km and it felt great. I'm back at work now so it's easier to get a gym routine again, its just a matter of keeping it going once I'm back home.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm joining in now lads.......me and the missus are looking to book a holiday and i can't be waltzing onto the beach with my pale english ass and beer belly...that's something no accent can save...IN.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm joining in now lads.......me and the missus are looking to book a holiday and i can't be waltzing onto the beach with my pale english ass and beer belly...that's something no accent can save...IN.
Good to have you man. This thread sort of lost traction, but hopefully we can pick it up where we left off. FYI - I am down 14.8 pounds as of yesterday. No time to eat lol.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm down to 217 lbs from 252 lbs when we started this in January. Things are still going great. Lost 5 lbs on vacation and even had a few drinks.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
So I remember Pitbull9 @Pitbull3744 doing a cool thread offering work out advice and in there he laid out some body weight exer uses for me once I asked. I can't remember the thread or page and am hoping somebody can toss out some ideas. Basically I'm away from home 2 weeks at a time and have minimal access to gym with weights and looking for alternatives.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
So I remember Pitbull9 @Pitbull3744 doing a cool thread offering work out advice and in there he laid out some body weight exer uses for me once I asked. I can't remember the thread or page and am hoping somebody can toss out some ideas. Basically I'm away from home 2 weeks at a time and have minimal access to gym with weights and looking for alternatives.
Yeah that was a good thread don't know what happened. I also put a small routine together for starlord. What I would do if I was use is 5 sets a night or more of 20-40 push-ups and 100 reps
Of squats for 3-4 sets.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That was a good thread with some very helpful ideas. I'll see if I can bump it. Traveling really throws a wrench into any routine.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah that was a good thread don't know what happened. I also put a small routine together for starlord. What I would do if I was use is 5 sets a night or more of 20-40 push-ups and 100 reps
Of squats for 3-4 sets.
Ya right now I run/ stationary bike quite a bit. When its body weight day I do something like

Jail squates
Push ups
Crunches
Hill climbers

All to 20 or 40 or whatever and do 3-4 sets. After that I'll pick another 4 exercises of the same idea and repeat. I'm going to start to pack a skipping rope to keep it fun. I'm hoverimg at 202 lbs and my pool open soon and my wife has hot friends so.....When I was applying for the local FD I was fit and around 183 lbs so that my goal.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That was a good thread with some very helpful ideas. I'll see if I can bump it. Traveling really throws a wrench into any routine.
I'll see if Admins mind if we merge the two if you find it.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Ya right now I run/ stationary bike quite a bit. When its body weight day I do something like

Jail squates
Push ups
Crunches
Hill climbers

All to 20 or 40 or whatever and do 3-4 sets. After that I'll pick another 4 exercises of the same idea and repeat. I'm going to start to pack a skipping rope to keep it fun. I'm hoverimg at 202 lbs and my pool open soon and my wife has hot friends so.....When I was applying for the local FD I was fit and around 183 lbs so that my goal.
Perfect man.