Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Bautista is back to his bat-flipping ways. Pulled one off on Wednesday.

Down 5 against the Braves in the top of the 8th, he blasted a meatball over the left field wall and promptly eyeballed the pitcher and tossed his bat to the side. Members of the Braves infield expressed their displeasure and by the time Bautista got to home - the catcher was ready to great him. Benches cleared, but no punches.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2wG0Piul_E

And then last night in the 1st inning...he got plunked. But to Bautista's credit, he took his medicine like a man.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuxoVFy8KQ
I had a bet with someone on their being 2 or more ejections in that game, I was very disappointed how Bautista took his beaning. Guess the umps learned something from Baltimore/Boston

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I had a bet with someone on their being 2 or more ejections in that game, I was very disappointed how Bautista took his beaning. Guess the umps learned something from Baltimore/Boston
He was apologetic to the catcher. I think he knew he acted out of line, as petty as it was.

He knew he was going to get plunked, and Teheran kept it low. Settled it like men.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
He was apologetic to the catcher. I think he knew he acted out of line, as petty as it was.

He knew he was going to get plunked, and Teheran kept it low. Settled it like men.
they handled it about as well as possible, followed the unwritten rules as best as possible, & cost me $50. I watched the game getting ready to see a fight, it was a let down

M

member 3289

The pitcher put himself in that hole. He shouldn't be pointing fingers.
It's not a question of good or bad pitching, it's a question of whether or not the batter broke the unwritten rule of baseball that says you don't swing on a 3-0 pitch late in the game when you already have the game won

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
It's not a question of good or bad pitching, it's a question of whether or not the batter broke the unwritten rule of baseball that says you don't swing on a 3-0 pitch late in the game when you already have the game won
Hitting the ball is fair game at any time. The pitcher shouldn't have put himself in a 3-0 hole.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It's a completely ridiculous rule.

As a pitcher though... I would have went high and inside as fuck on my next pitch.

M

member 3289

It's a completely ridiculous rule.

As a pitcher though... I would have went high and inside as fuck on my next pitch.
I think the unwritten rules keep the game respectful. Don't swing on 3-0 when you're up big late in the game, don't stare at a home run, get retaliation (if you're a pitcher) for your guy if he was hbp intentionally, etc.

Yeah some of the unwritten rules are a little silly, but I think they make the game more interesting.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
There are a lot of dumb unwritten rules in this game.
The best is you see the hitter rush the mound then you all go back to your eighth grade mentality and try to create a great big free for all brawl.......they should take the pitcher and the hitter and make a ring out of people and let them fight one on one.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
The best is you see the hitter rush the mound then you all go back to your eighth grade mentality and try to create a great big free for all brawl.......they should take the pitcher and the hitter and make a ring out of people and let them fight one on one.
Its immediately two on one most of the time cuz the catcher is gunna protect his pitcher. They should have a mini-thunder dome next to the bullpen for them.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Its immediately two on one most of the time cuz the catcher is gunna protect his pitcher. They should have a mini-thunder dome next to the bullpen for them.
You just gave me an idea that could get img their $4.2 back.
They could run with this and like bellator mixes sports, baseball and the UFC could co-promote by wheeling the cage into the outfield during the breaks between innings.
Then if pitcher and hitter want to fight, they wheel the cage back out.
Will definitely stop a lot of pitchers throwing at batters

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
A pitcher vs your average baseball player isnt much of a fight. Unless it's Nolan Ryan. Or any member of the 1990s Nasty Boys, who would gladly meet you half the way to the pitchers mound if you wanted some shit.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
A pitcher vs your average baseball player isnt much of a fight. Unless it's Nolan Ryan. Or any member of the 1990s Nasty Boys, who would gladly meet you half the way to the pitchers mound if you wanted some shit.
I read or heard an interview a few years ago where Ryan estimated he'd signed at least 10k pics of him punching Ventura since then

I think it was the baseball tonight podcast where he said that. the podcast also played this a few weeks ago, never heard this before but it was funny

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14

M

member 3289

Hauler @Alco Hauler I watched that Rougned Odor-Jose Bautista fight and god damn is that funny.

Bautista literally staggers backward a few paces before he's able to regain his balance.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Alco Hauler I watched that Rougned Odor-Jose Bautista fight and god damn is that funny.

Bautista literally staggers backward a few paces before he's able to regain his balance.
He caught him clean. I think Bautista thought it was going to be a typical baseball shoving match.

Odor was having none of that shit.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I read or heard an interview a few years ago where Ryan estimated he'd signed at least 10k pics of him punching Ventura since then

I think it was the baseball tonight podcast where he said that. the podcast also played this a few weeks ago, never heard this before but it was funny

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUhSYLRw14
I watched that documentary on HBO I think. That dude was wild.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
The Todd Frasier trade starting to pay off this year for CIN. Check out Schebler and his 13 homers already.