Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
the more I get into advanced baseball stats the more I realize it's an evaluation system designed to pay players less. not a great feeling when that's what I'm putting several hours a day into
Doing what?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
daily fantasy. baseball isn't my strong suit so far, barely break even but trying to change that but it's been a real struggle this season. NBA is where I make my living, specifically the 50/50 double up contests.
I did pretty well in NFL. I don't know shit about NBA. I follow MLB but I haven't had much luck with the DFS. I only play once or twice a week. It's difficult because you have to wait for official starting lineups, so I'm often too early to enter a contest. I find football to be much easier than MLB.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I did pretty well in NFL. I don't know shit about NBA. I follow MLB but I haven't had much luck with the DFS. I only play once or twice a week. It's difficult because you have to wait for official starting lineups, so I'm often too early to enter a contest. I find football to be much easier than MLB.
mlb is tough, mike trout can be facing the worst pitcher in the league & be hitting the hell out of pitchers throwing similar pitches with similar velocities, & then go 0 for 4 in the game you roster him.

nba is easier for me, know the coaches & know the plays, know the rotations & teams' defensive rates & rebounding rates, I'll occaisionally bink a tournament but the double up's can be easy. There was a month long period this regular season where Andrew Bogut was injured for the Mavericks & Dirk had to play center, dirk's the worst rebounding power forward in the nba, let alone center. The worst centers in the league were the best plays against him & it was printing money. t

nfl, that's the most random sport to play fantasy on but it's the most fun by far

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
mlb is tough, mike trout can be facing the worst pitcher in the league & be hitting the hell out of pitchers throwing similar pitches with similar velocities, & then go 0 for 4 in the game you roster him.

nba is easier for me, know the coaches & know the plays, know the rotations & teams' defensive rates & rebounding rates, I'll occaisionally bink a tournament but the double up's can be easy. There was a month long period this regular season where Andrew Bogut was injured for the Mavericks & Dirk had to play center, dirk's the worst rebounding power forward in the nba, let alone center. The worst centers in the league were the best plays against him & it was printing money. t

nfl, that's the most random sport to play fantasy on but it's the most fun by far
I play the 56 Hit Streak game on MLB and I actually use their database to help view previous successes against the pitcher they are facing that day to help build my DFS roster.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I play the 56 Hit Streak game on MLB and I actually use their database to help view previous successes against the pitcher they are facing that day to help build my DFS roster.

Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't.
batter vs. pitcher (bvp) isn't too reliable. sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. there's a big debate about it among baseball nerds. it does seem useful against knuckleballers but those are few & far between

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
batter vs. pitcher (bvp) isn't too reliable. sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. there's a big debate about it among baseball nerds. it does seem useful against knuckleballers but those are few & far between
If there is a healthy enough sample size - say 25+ ABs, I trust it.

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Sabathia is pitching like shit tonight. I think they are letting him pitch through it because they want the bullpen to rest after that 18 inning game with the Cubs.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Sabathia is pitching like shit tonight. I think they are letting him pitch through it because they want the bullpen to rest after that 18 inning game with the Cubs.
It's fun to watch him bat. He even got on base.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm ok walking Holliday there. Dude is a Reds killer.

Iglesias needs to bear down now. Kid usually has nasty stuff.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Boom! That was lucky. Haha. Double play to beat the Yankees.

The Reds win!
The Reds win!
Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Reds win!

:)

Last edited:

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Its great to see Mark Reynolds doing well. I always liked him. Plus he's helping a winning team.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
The Twins called up a kid from triple A to start in Cleveland. Jose Berrios pounded the strike zone with some really good stuff. 7.2 IP 2H 1ER. MN is up 4-1 in the bottom of the ninth. They have homered in twelve strait games.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Arizona's Chris Iannetta took a 93 MPH fastball to the face on Friday night. He received stitches in his upper lip, a broken nose and multiple chipped teeth.

Tough dude though - On Saturday night he said he could play if the team needed him to.

The picture alone makes me wince. I watched the video then immediately wished I hadn't.

Limpy

Banned
Oct 20, 2015
Arizona's Chris Iannetta took a 93 MPH fastball to the face on Friday night. He received stitches in his upper lip, a broken nose and multiple chipped teeth.

Tough dude though - On Saturday night he said he could play if the team needed him to.

The picture alone makes me wince. I watched the video then immediately wished I hadn't.

:eek:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Aaron Judge is a beast.

The guy is 6'7" 282 LBS.
He leads MLB with 14 HRs, and he's hitting .320 with 29 RBI.

He looks like a create-a-player built in a video game with every ability maxed out to 100.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Aaron Judge is a beast.

The guy is 6'7" 282 LBS.
He leads MLB with 14 HRs, and he's hitting .320 with 29 RBI.

He looks like a create-a-player built in a video game with every ability maxed out to 100.

What makes the picture crazy is that Matt Holliday is 6'4" and about 240. Seems average.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Bautista is back to his bat-flipping ways. Pulled one off on Wednesday.

Down 5 against the Braves in the top of the 8th, he blasted a meatball over the left field wall and promptly eyeballed the pitcher and tossed his bat to the side. Members of the Braves infield expressed their displeasure and by the time Bautista got to home - the catcher was ready to great him. Benches cleared, but no punches.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2wG0Piul_E

And then last night in the 1st inning...he got plunked. But to Bautista's credit, he took his medicine like a man.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIuxoVFy8KQ

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
If anyone was wanting an update, the Reds have lost 7 games in a row.