Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Its always nice to wake up in the morning with your pockets weighed down with 250 bucks you didnt have last night.

I couldnt watch the games because I was a jinx on the Asteos when I did. Turned on last night in the first when Altuve grounded out and 2nd run scored then the immediately got the last 2 and dodgers loaded the bases with Joc coming to bat.

Turned channel at that point and only briefly switched back to check scores till I fell asleep. Woke up hoping the Asteo bullpen held up and wasnt disappointed.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I'm looking at MLB futures tonight. I'm sure a Reds over Indians WS ticket should get me pretty good odds.
Do it man thanks for letting me know as I know fuck all anymore but will still be a trouble maker

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Where I come from, we didn't celebrate Christmas. Not because we were Jewish, but because my dad was a worthless-coward fucking asshole whose idea of a present was a daily punch to the back of the head.
All past tense. Join in on the fun!

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Nice to see Tucker Barnhart get some love even though he plays on a shit team. Dude is a great defensive catcher - and very few people know about him. Glad he got the hardware, beating out Buster Posey and Yadier Molina.

He led the NL by throwing out 44% of attempted steals. He also led the league with 661 blocked pitches - the Reds shitty staff kept him busy.

In 926.3 innings he totaled 1 error.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
It's hard to imagine anyone playing a better CF than Billy Hamilton, but I can't knock Inciarte. Dude can play. But let's not kid ourselves, it helps that he is a way better hitter than Hamilton is. Gold Glove is a defensive award, but offensive stats certainly have an impact.

Better luck next year, Billy!

Last edited:

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
It's hard to imagine anyone playing a better CF than Billy Hamilton, but I can't knock Inciarte. Dude can play. But let's not kid ourselves, it helps that he is a way better hitter than Hamilton is. Gold Glove is a defensive award, but offensive stats certainly have an impact.

Better luck next year, Billy!

Gotta wonder if Bux didn't get hot second half. His offensive numbers before the break were BAD.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
AL Manager of the year- Paul Molitor, Minnesota.

NL Manager of the Year- Torey Lovullo, Arizona.

AL Rookie of the Year- Aaron Judge, New York.

NL Rookie of the Year- Cody Bellanger, Los Angeles.

AL Cy Young- Corey Kluber, Clevland.

NL Cy Young- Max Sherzer, Washington.

AL/NL MVPs announced tomorrow.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
AL Manager of the year- Paul Molitor, Minnesota.

NL Manager of the Year- Torey Lovullo, Arizona.

AL Rookie of the Year- Aaron Judge, New York.

NL Rookie of the Year- Cody Bellanger, Los Angeles.

AL Cy Young- Corey Kluber, Clevland.

NL Cy Young- Max Sherzer, Washington.

AL/NL MVPs announced tomorrow.
I wish they'd announce them all in one day. stringing them out over a couple weeks is stupid.

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Where I come from, we didn't celebrate Christmas. Not because we were Jewish, but because my dad was a worthless-coward fucking asshole whose idea of a present was a daily punch to the back of the head.
I cant believe non of the degenerates in this thread knew about Bad Santa.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Sports bet for a living? Interesting. Whats you personal theory for picking winners and betting?
Play daily fantasy b/c Vegas will always have more info & resources than you. after that it's really a matter of studying advanced stats & separating signals from noise. then, just play the right plays & don't bet more than a few percent of your bankroll. I've seen Mike Trout go 0-5 against the worst pitcher in baseball when I played him, I've seen Ray Allen shoot >10% on games where I had him on 10+ wide open threes. there's too much variance for anything to be close to a sure thing. know it's a roller coaster & go from there

i guess my personal theory is this, study the advanced stats & use all the resources available, & most importantly don't try to beat Vegas just try to beat the public

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
Play daily fantasy b/c Vegas will always have more info & resources than you. after that it's really a matter of studying advanced stats & separating signals from noise. then, just play the right plays & don't bet more than a few percent of your bankroll. I've seen Mike Trout go 0-5 against the worst pitcher in baseball when I played him, I've seen Ray Allen shoot >10% on games where I had him on 10+ wide open threes. there's too much variance for anything to be close to a sure thing. know it's a roller coaster & go from there

i guess my personal theory is this, study the advanced stats & use all the resources available, & most importantly don't try to beat Vegas just try to beat the public
I wish I had more time to dedicate to stats. But I totally agree with not trying to beat vegas