Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I wish I had more time to dedicate to stats. But I totally agree with not trying to beat vegas
I wish I had more time too. But I don't, so I try to beat Vegas.
And the public. Haha.

Because I'm a degenerate.

Also - I love Bad Santa.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
If Otani to the Angels means I'll never be tempted to play Pujols in DFS I'm all for it. looks like Stanton to the Yankees, that just not fair

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
You guys have no clue how happy I am that Stanton said no to the cards. Just too much damn money and thats not how the Cards operate.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
I like to see them neing players again but a guy like Hosmer would fit what they do alot better than Stanton. Plus Stanton has injury issues
that's not the Cardinal way, either, the Cardinal way is to bring in vets for cheap, hook them up with LaRussa's supplement guy & let them have career years

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The Marlins are going to get fucked on the deal to get rid of his contact. Since he has the no trade clause they have zero leverage. They're going to end up eating a big chunk of money and getting very little in return.

The rumors are that the Yankees are trying to send Headley and Ellsbury to them and still wanting them to cover about 50 million on Stanton's deal.

If they can do that then I'm allllll about that trade happening.

Last edited:

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
that's not the Cardinal way, either, the Cardinal way is to bring in vets for cheap, hook them up with LaRussa's supplement guy & let them have career years
Jealousy is the greatest form of flattery. You sound like a battered wife. Must be a Bucs fan.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Jealousy is the greatest form of flattery. You sound like a battered wife. Must be a Bucs fan.
A's are probably my favorite team, but I'm not a diehard or anything, reading moneyball is what got me back to liking baseball. Only teams I really don't like are the ones the hipsters love, like the Red Sox & Cubs, & the Cards b/c LaRussa was a whiny bitch & I never saw a team bring in more guys who've never done squat come to a team & have career years. Wouldn't surprise me if LaRussa was running a needle exchange program in that lockerroom. I really just root for guys I have on DFS & teams that are fun to watch, which with the Stanton news will probably be the Yanks for the 3rd straight year

HEATH VON DOOM

Oct 21, 2015
A's are probably my favorite team, but I'm not a diehard or anything, reading moneyball is what got me back to liking baseball. Only teams I really don't like are the ones the hipsters love, like the Red Sox & Cubs, & the Cards b/c LaRussa was a whiny bitch & I never saw a team bring in more guys who've never done squat come to a team & have career years. Wouldn't surprise me if LaRussa was running a needle exchange program in that lockerroom. I really just root for guys I have on DFS & teams that are fun to watch, which with the Stanton news will probably be the Yanks for the 3rd straight year
I loved the As when I was younger because of McGwire. When he came to the cards it was the greatest thing ever for me.

Maybe LaRussa is just a good coach. Every team has been plagued by steroids.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Details to come but this is a pretty crucial detail as it seems like the deal is done.

"Even with Stanton, the Yankees are expected to remain below the luxury tax, which means they could still very well be players for Manny Machado or, as crazy as it sounds, Bryce Harper during next winter's free agent bonanza."

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
The trade has yet to become official, as Stanton must still agree to the terms as stipulated by his no-trade clause and pass a physical.

Infielder Starlin Castro would go to Miami as part of the deal, a second source familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
That lineup is unreal.

Just wait until they add Bryce Harper.