Sports 2017 MLB thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
It looks like Erv will go head to head with Sale sunday. That will be a good game. We clobbered Sale last year (27ER in 33IP). I hope they can get to him again this year. I always thought he was an outstanding pitcher. The Red Sox got a great pick-up with that guy.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
My wife upgraded our satellite package today. We got the MLB network! Good game on O's vs Red Sox. Baltimore is hitting hot. Im going to have this channel on all the time this summer. Lol

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Brett Gardener hit a three run shot in the ninth. The Yankees beat the Cubs 3-2.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
Joe Mauer hit his first walk-off homerun vs Boston. Twins go on top of the AL North. Porcello vs some new guy tomorrow.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
The Yankees will fall and not even get to the playoffs. They are a mediocre team.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I like how they're set up for the future though, & this cracks me up every time I look at it

My brother is a Yankee fan, but a sane, realistic one and he even knows they are looking to the future and is hoping they sacrifice a little more this year and build up some more....

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
going to be an interesting day in DFS, 80 degrees with the wind blowing out at Coors with a couple non-elite pitchers on the mound, but Kershaw is pitching in a huge ballpark against a team that strikes out a lot. it's nearly impossible to fit Coors bats & Kershaw into the same lineup

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Yankees jump to a 5-0 lead in the top of the first. Already chased Anderson from the game. That's a solid start.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Quite a different start for the Cubs who go down in order to start. Yankees bat around and chase the starter. Cubs go down 1, 2, 3. I'm so confused about this year because I had low expectations but I want to believe that shit is getting real at least a season sooner than I had hoped.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Albert Pujols is 5 HRs away from 600.

And as far as I can tell, it's getting very little attention. The steroid question has always been whispered with Pujols, but he's never been popped. 600 HRs is no joke - sort of sucks that it's become sort of an afterthought. Only 8 players have totaled that many HRs in a career. (Bonds, Aaron, Ruth, A-Rod, Mays, Griffey, Thome and Sosa). It's an impressive total.

Truck Party

TMMAC Addict
Mar 16, 2017
Albert Pujols is 5 HRs away from 600.

And as far as I can tell, it's getting very little attention. The steroid question has always been whispered with Pujols, but he's never been popped. 600 HRs is no joke - sort of sucks that it's become sort of an afterthought. Only 8 players have totaled that many HRs in a career. (Bonds, Aaron, Ruth, A-Rod, Mays, Griffey, Thome and Sosa). It's an impressive total.
he'd probably be the oldest player to ever do it if we knew his real age, the guy was balding quickly fresh out of high school