General 2019 College Football thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
Seems like a few of you are forgetting about Ed going 10-3 without Joe Brady and a mediocre Joe Burrow in 2018.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Seems like a few of you are forgetting about Ed going 10-3 without Joe Brady and a mediocre Joe Burrow in 2018.
not at all. but 10 wins is not a top 5 coach and Coach O has a record as a HC prior to that and it is not top 5 either. I don't think he or LSU should be judged too harshly this upcoming season but I do think we will know 3 seasons from now if 2019 was because of or in spite of him. 15-0 isn't needed but win the West and the SEC at least once in the next 3 seasons

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
so the other day UGA announced they were replacing San Jose State with Clemson on the OOC schedule. Outside of their annual game vs P5 GaTech they have teams like UVA, tOSU, Clemson (6x), Oregon, Oklahoma, UCLA, FSU, Texas, and others on their OOC schedule

Completely unrelated Matrix @Matrix but A&M just added Tarleton State and New Mexico to their OOC schedule.

Seriously, Tarleton State 100% sounds like a made-up team in a fictional CFB PS4 game. Without looking I have exactly a 1/49 chance os guessing what state that team is from (I can confidently eliminate South Carolina)

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/fehsxp/texas_am_adds_2_future_nonconference_games/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I know things can change but right now A&M's OOC for 2025 is
@Notre Dame
Tarleton State
San Jose St (do they have some deal with the SEC?)
UTEP

Jimbo make sure 2018/2019 will never happen AGAIN!

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I love looking at future OOC schedules for teams. And pretty much no one has a killer slate every single season.

But A&M is not fucking around with a tough schedule anytime soon lol. And Saban HAS to eventually retire. Jimbo will be there for a while (who knows about the whole 10, def. a contract that favors A&M.) Add in this future OOC schedule and A&M has a good shot of a string of 10+ win seasons.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Lmao glad to see A&M is deeply embedded in your pea brain! Ask Oklahoma or Clemson for that matter how much your schedule matters right now. The only reason in the SEC West to load up your schedule is if you think the playoff will be expanded and tbh IF it is anytime soon teams will scramble to drop the lightweights with more legitimate teams.

You do realize that’s how these smaller schools survive, right? Be careful what you’re saying bc a lot of good players and more importantly coaches get their starts at programs like these small fries.

The real question is.. Who will you cheer for between Clemson and Georgia?? You seemed to be mixed up these days lol. Kaep would be proud!!

T_Sauce

Feb 26, 2020
not at all. but 10 wins is not a top 5 coach and Coach O has a record as a HC prior to that and it is not top 5 either. I don't think he or LSU should be judged too harshly this upcoming season but I do think we will know 3 seasons from now if 2019 was because of or in spite of him. 15-0 isn't needed but win the West and the SEC at least once in the next 3 seasons
I fully expect LSU to be competing for the title again in 2021. A ton of young guys will get experience next year and then will be ready to make a run in 2021.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Lmao glad to see A&M is deeply embedded in your pea brain! Ask Oklahoma or Clemson for that matter how much your schedule matters right now. The only reason in the SEC West to load up your schedule is if you think the playoff will be expanded and tbh IF it is anytime soon teams will scramble to drop the lightweights with more legitimate teams.

You do realize that’s how these smaller schools survive, right? Be careful what you’re saying bc a lot of good players and more importantly coaches get their starts at programs like these small fries.

The real question is.. Who will you cheer for between Clemson and Georgia?? You seemed to be mixed up these days lol. Kaep would be proud!!
God you're insufferable

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
God you're insufferable
Because my logic on scheduling makes perfect sense? Or was it the suggestion that you might secretly be a Clemson fan these days? I thought busting balls is what we did.. I should post 3 in a row about something I find funny in another program? I’m confused. Tell me what to do MASSA!!!

And btw refute anything I said in the first two paragraphs. Stacking your schedule is not the smartest move given the current playoff format.

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
Btw Fan I’ll admit I didn’t realize at the time that their “lists” only included the last three years. I just saw what I posted on texags. Not the entire article. So with the three year thing I could see him in the 10 range. I think the Chip less than 10 years ago gets him the nudge into the top 10.

My .02 and my acknowledgment that I didn’t know the full story. I hate when they have these stipulations around them. Coach O makes more sense now somewhat.

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
I agree. Satterfield should be Top 5, really.
That's pushing it lol. But he has a good record at the mid-level and improved Louisville last year. See how he grows and maintains. Sustained success is much harder than a 2-3 good seasons

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's pushing it lol. But he has a good record at the mid-level and improved Louisville last year. See how he grows and maintains. Sustained success is much harder than a 2-3 good seasons
I was being a bit facetious ;)

TFK_Fanboy

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
well UGA was a lock to win the national title year, the QB transfer from QB sealed it, but this no spring practice might be enough to derail them.

really sucks for the early enrollees who are now missing out. and all that off-season conditioning, which pays huge dividends, is being lost. I wonder if we will see more injuries next season compared to average. also gotta think this really hurts teams who depend more on developing/coaching up their guys vs teams full of elite talent

Matrix

Astros Fan
Feb 15, 2020
well UGA was a lock to win the national title year, the QB transfer from QB sealed it, but this no spring practice might be enough to derail them.

really sucks for the early enrollees who are now missing out. and all that off-season conditioning, which pays huge dividends, is being lost. I wonder if we will see more injuries next season compared to average. also gotta think this really hurts teams who depend more on developing/coaching up their guys vs teams full of elite talent
Maybe Zach Evans was ahead of the game? Lol

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

If UGA makes the playoffs, they ain’t beating Clemson.