General 2020 MLB Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
fire works have been set off all over long beach and the south bay area all the way to redondo beach. i'm an Angels fan since 1996 maybe so I don't really care that much about doyers winning. I personally would have hated if the angels won this year and I wasn't able to attend in person. the coof has also made me not be into sports that much this year I dont even watch football or MLS right now and I didn't even watch any laker games.
Ya I feel you. The hockey playoffs weren't the same this year just like everything else. I've gotten used to watching the UFC with no crowd but still wish the fans were there. I'd feel the same way you do if any of my teams won and we couldn't celebrate like a normal year without the Chinese Aids...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Anyone care that it was a short season and think it should have an asterisk?
Nah. For as bad as it was starting out, it turned into a good season. Postseason was fun.

It's a legit WS title.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

New Mets owner Steve Cohen proposes idea for annual Bobby Bonilla Day celebration

July 1 is a shameful day for the Mets front office and the Mets fan base, as another seven-figure check goes down the drain and into former slugger Bobby Bonilla's pocket. And though I'm going to assume that every single person who reads this knows why this is the case, it's still my duty as a writer to briefly explain why the heck the Mets are paying a guy who retired in 2001 over $1 million per year for the foreseeable future.

The Mets released Bonilla following the 1999 season, one in which he batted a paltry .160 and was well past his prime at 36 years old. However, seeing as the team still owed him $5.9 million, they either had to pay him then or kick the can down the road. And because of investments that owner Fred Wilpon had made with Bernie Madoff — who is currently serving a 150-year prison sentence for a massive Ponzi scheme — the Mets thought they would be in a good position to finance such a deal. Obviously, their returns from the Madoff investments didn't exactly pan out.

But all that's in the past, as is the reign of Wilpon ownership in the Mets' front office, and instead of hiding the humiliating facts of the deal, new owner Steve Cohen wants to... celebrate them?

View: https://twitter.com/StevenACohen2/status/1329595853774970880