General 2021-2022 NHL Season Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Any of you catch this?
What do y'all think?

He was trying to prevent a crowd injury, yes?

Is a strict interpretation of the rules to be applied here?

View: https://youtu.be/CgQPk_uQkNk
I saw that, he ain’t trying to protect anyone IMO. Probably just a knee jerk reaction for a habit he picked up in practice. That or he knows either way Calgary is getting a penalty. If he leaves it alone his teammate is getting 2:00 for delay of game. If he interferes he gets 2:00 bench minor.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I saw that, he ain’t trying to protect anyone IMO. Probably just a knee jerk reaction for a habit he picked up in practice. That or he knows either way Calgary is getting a penalty. If he leaves it alone his teammate is getting 2:00 for delay of game. If he interferes he gets 2:00 bench minor.
Jesus, Idk much about this game and the rule set or what I see during the play.

M

member 3289

I heard it was a good game. I need to watch it later tonight after the Kraken vs. Devils game.
I heard Matthews nutted up. AGAIN.

Leafs Fans: We need a superstar!

Leafs Management: Ok, how about this kid from hockey-rich Arizona who's afraid of getting hit?

SAD!

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jesus, Idk much about this game and the rule set or what I see during the play.
Nah it’s all good. That’s the first time I ve ever seen that and by the sounds of most fans are saying the same. Purposely putting the puck over the boards is a delay of game, 2:00 minor. Interfering game play from bench, 2:00 minor. IIRC the difference between a minor and a major penalty is of blood is drawn. That how it is for high sticking but I’m not sure if that carries over to other penalties.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Nah it’s all good. That’s the first time I ve ever seen that and by the sounds of most fans are saying the same. Purposely putting the puck over the boards is a delay of game, 2:00 minor. Interfering game play from bench, 2:00 minor. IIRC the difference between a minor and a major penalty is of blood is drawn. That how it is for high sticking but I’m not sure if that carries over to other penalties.
I only see a player doing the right thing by trying to protect the crowd, and getting a minor that's technically correct. I'm just blind to some things, like what a low hit is. Hip check.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I only see a player doing the right thing by trying to protect the crowd, and getting a minor that's technically correct. I'm just blind to some things, like what a low hit is. Hip check.
Getting a puck to the head is a right of passage here in Canada.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Holy fuck. If the kraken keep playing like this, it’s going to be a long and disappointing season. Puck handling is absolute shit so far, we keep running the same plays with no success, defense is constantly out of position. For fuck sake, the dump and chase is only successful if you have exceptionally fast forwards. We don’t have that, except for Gourde.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Holy fuck. If the kraken keep playing like this, it’s going to be a long and disappointing season. Puck handling is absolute shit so far, we keep running the same plays with no success, defense is constantly out of position. For fuck sake, the dump and chase is only successful if you have exceptionally fast forwards. We don’t have that, except for Gourde.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
What games are everyone watching tonight?

Mrs. Scallop and I are going out for a pre-vasectomy date this evening. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to catch a little bit of Edmonton vs Arizona, but I’m also going to be trying to get lucky. Probably going to catch up on a few games tomorrow when I’m icing my balls.

And yes, I will still be doing a vasectomy review.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021

Mrs. Scallop and I are going out for a pre-vasectomy date this evening. If I’m lucky, I’ll be able to catch a little bit of Edmonton vs Arizona, but I’m also going to be trying to get lucky. Probably going to catch up on a few games tomorrow when I’m icing my balls.

I wish you good nuttysack health sir.

Will be watching Calgary Flamers at Detroit.

Getting chilly and shitty outside, warm up some tea and settle in

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

Very interested in Vejmelkas performance in net for the Coyotes...kid has been lights out!