General 2021 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Antonio Brown Timeline -- Last 3 Years
Dec. 2018: Deactivated for Steelers' Week 17 game after reportedly throwing a ball at a teammate in practice
Feb. 2019: Meets with Steelers owner Art Rooney II, says both sides agree to move on
March 2019: Traded by Steelers to Raiders for 3rd- and 5th-round picks
July 2019: Placed on non-football injury list (frostbite on feet from cryotherapy)
Aug. 2019: Missed Raiders training camp practices due to helmet grievances
Sept. 7, 2019: Released from Raiders after Instagram post asking for his release
Sept. 9, 2019: Signed 1-year deal worth up to $15M with Patriots
Sept. 10-16, 2019: Ex-trainer Britney Taylor accuses Brown of sexual assault. Sports Illustrated reports 2nd incident of sexual misconduct
Sept. 20, 2019: Released by Patriots
Jan. 22, 2020: Charged with felony burglary with battery and 2 misdemeanors for incident with moving truck company. Pleaded no contest and did not receive jail time
July 31, 2020: Suspended 8 games for multiple violations of NFL's personal conduct policy
Oct. 27, 2020: Signed 1-year contract with Buccaneers
Feb. 7, 2021: Caught 5 passes, including a TD, as the Buccaneers won Super Bowl LV
May 25, 2021: Re-signed with Buccaneers
Dec. 2, 2021: Suspended 3 games for violating NFL-NFPA COVID-19 protocols. The league and players' union found that Brown was among three players who misrepresented their vaccination statuses
Jan. 2, 2022: Took equipment off and runs off field during game at Jets. Coach Bruce Arians said "he is no longer a Buc"

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
Antonio Brown Timeline -- Last 3 Years
Dec. 2018: Deactivated for Steelers' Week 17 game after reportedly throwing a ball at a teammate in practice
Feb. 2019: Meets with Steelers owner Art Rooney II, says both sides agree to move on
March 2019: Traded by Steelers to Raiders for 3rd- and 5th-round picks
July 2019: Placed on non-football injury list (frostbite on feet from cryotherapy)
Aug. 2019: Missed Raiders training camp practices due to helmet grievances
Sept. 7, 2019: Released from Raiders after Instagram post asking for his release
Sept. 9, 2019: Signed 1-year deal worth up to $15M with Patriots
Sept. 10-16, 2019: Ex-trainer Britney Taylor accuses Brown of sexual assault. Sports Illustrated reports 2nd incident of sexual misconduct
Sept. 20, 2019: Released by Patriots
Jan. 22, 2020: Charged with felony burglary with battery and 2 misdemeanors for incident with moving truck company. Pleaded no contest and did not receive jail time
July 31, 2020: Suspended 8 games for multiple violations of NFL's personal conduct policy
Oct. 27, 2020: Signed 1-year contract with Buccaneers
Feb. 7, 2021: Caught 5 passes, including a TD, as the Buccaneers won Super Bowl LV
May 25, 2021: Re-signed with Buccaneers
Dec. 2, 2021: Suspended 3 games for violating NFL-NFPA COVID-19 protocols. The league and players' union found that Brown was among three players who misrepresented their vaccination statuses
Jan. 2, 2022: Took equipment off and runs off field during game at Jets. Coach Bruce Arians said "he is no longer a Buc"
I really suspect he has CTE. He was never “easy” to deal with, but also never this over the top. Since that hit by Burfict, he’s been completely off the rails.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"It's a possibility we see both these teams in the playoffs."

- Cowboys DeMarcus Lawrence fires shots at officiating crew

M

member 3289

Since that hit by Burfict, he’s been completely off the rails.
For those who don't know about/remember this, AB took a nasty hit to the head from Vontaze Burfict, one of the dirtiest players in the game at the time.

JJ Smith-Schuster, another WR for the Steelers, would later exact sweet revenge. Of course he denied it was revenge publicly but he was still fined and suspended for one game. AB paid his fine lol.

View: https://youtu.be/FltMku5sL4k

Edit - click the link because the NFL are cocksuckers with embedding shit.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
I
For those who don't know about/remember this, AB took a nasty hit to the head from Vontaze Burfict, one of the dirtiest players in the game at the time.

JJ Smith-Schuster, another WR for the Steelers, would later exact sweet revenge. Of course he denied it was revenge publicly but he was still fined and suspended for one game. AB paid his fine lol.

I honestly hope he gets help before he becomes another Junior Seau, Andre Waters, Dave Deurson or worse Aaron Hernandez, Jevon Belcher or Phillip Adams.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
He was just a normal diva until Vontaze Burfict knocked him in his melon.
ESPN not really talking about it. Most of them basically just saying he's a head case. Are they avoiding the CTE talk because the NFL wants it hush-hush?

Never been a fan of his, but he's obviously not well.

Hopefully he doesn't pull a Junior Seau on us.

Last edited:

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
ESPN not really talking about it. Most of them basicaly just saying he's a head case. Are they avoiding the CTE talk because the NFL wants it hush-hush?

Never been a fan of his, but he's obviously not well.

Hopefully he doesn't pull a Junior Seau on us.
Pretty much, but if he goes Seau, or Christ forbid Aaron Hernandez on people, they’ll suddenly feign “we should take measures so this never happens again” bullshit support.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Burfict definitely walked the line of aggressive and dirty.

The hit on AB was 100% dirty, and it cost the Bengals a playoff victory. Steelers had the ball at midfield with 20 seconds left. Burfict's hit moved it to the 30-ish yard line, but then Pacman got a flag for conduct (and Joey Porter for whatever fucking reason didn't - even though he's a fucking defensive coach and was on the field when PIT had the ball and was starting shit with Bengals players) - so PIT ended up with the ball at the 15 or so. Easy chip shot FG for the win. 18-16

M

member 3289

Burfict definitely walked the line of aggressive and dirty.

The hit on AB was 100% dirty, and it cost the Bengals a playoff victory. Steelers had the ball at midfield with 20 seconds left. Burfict's hit moved it to the 30-ish yard line, but then Pacman got a flag for conduct (and Joey Porter for whatever fucking reason didn't - even though he's a fucking defensive coach and was on the field when PIT had the ball and was starting shit with Bengals players) - so PIT ended up with the ball at the 15 or so. Easy chip shot FG for the win. 18-16
Burfict was a piece of shit who got what he deserved with that JJ Smith-Schuster hit.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I've seen comments that AB was a problem child at Pittsburgh way before the Burfict hit, and that even back in the early days of his college career his coach couldn't be sure he would even turn up for meetings and practices. I don't know how true that is.

(Edited for typo).

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I've seenm comments that AB was a problem child at Pittsburgh way before the Burfict hit, and that even back in the early days of his college career his coach couldn't be sure he would even turn up for meetings and practices. I don't know how true that is.
I think he's always been a diva.
Since the Burfict hit, he's a diva with CTE. Probably.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
I worked in the Pittsburgh sports media in AB’s first three years in the league before moving the Phoenix.

Yes, he always was a bit of a narcissistic pain in the ass. However honestly, most NFL players (and this applies to NBA and a large number of MLB players— believe it or not most NHL players aren’t like this), outside of the kickers and punters are. It’s worse the better they are. Honestly, the only every down superstar player that wasn’t a complete douchebag clown when the cameras weren’t rolling who was just as humble after was Larry Fitzgerald. Anyhow, my point being— yeah, Brown was a putz, however not a menace. He didn’t become this until after that hit.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I worked in the Pittsburgh sports media in AB’s first three years in the league before moving the Phoenix.

Yes, he always was a bit of a narcissistic pain in the ass. However honestly, most NFL players (and this applies to NBA and a large number of MLB players— believe it or not most NHL players aren’t like this), outside of the kickers and punters are. It’s worse the better they are. Honestly, the only every down superstar player that wasn’t a complete douchebag clown when the cameras weren’t rolling who was just as humble after was Larry Fitzgerald. Anyhow, my point being— yeah, Brown was a putz, however not a menace. He didn’t become this until after that hit.
I was going to call you out on BS for the Fitzgerald name drop but then I remembered he went to Pitt.

Fitz has been my favorite pro athlete for a long time. Just a good dude.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Honestly, the only every down superstar player that wasn’t a complete douchebag clown when the cameras weren’t rolling who was just as humble after was Larry Fitzgerald.
From that time, maybe. Barry Sanders seems to be regarded as a humble guy by all accounts, and he's the best RB to ever play the game.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
From that time, maybe. Barry Sanders seems to be regarded as a humble guy by all accounts, and he's the best RB to ever play the game.
i’m sure Walter Payton was too. I’m only going off experiences of athletes I dealt with in the media though.

M

member 3289

Fun fact - Dan Marino is an insufferable cunt to pretty much everyone who interacts with him.