General 2021 NFL Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GOAT

Nov 17, 2021
I did not know that Flo wanted Herbert. Also it was my understanding that Cincinnati wasn't going to trade that #1 pick for anything. Were there discussions about them trading down?
The two sides talked. I’m not 100 percent sure if Cincinnati was ever serious about trading the pick, especially being Burrow was coming off such a historic season and had Ohio roots, but I know they at least discussed trade.

Here are Burrow and Herbert's 2022 stats, respectively:

YDS TDINTRating

So in hindsight I would say that not giving Cincy a treasure chest of picks and whatever else was prob a good decision. Not drafting Herbert, obviously, was not.
Sadly, a lot of Miami fans wouldn’t even LISTEN to the name Justin Herbert in 2020 prior to the draft. It’s almost absurd how irrational they were. So many stupidly typecast him as a “shitty version of Tannehill” (which isn’t close to accurate but it’s funny because those same people bitch that the team should have picked Herbert and “let a great QB go when they dropped Tannehill.. it’s hilarious really), and pulled the “I’ll boycott the team if we pass on Tua for him” grandstanding gibberish. They ignored what numbers Herbert put up, how productive and big play he was, despite playing for three different head coaches, and three different offensive coordinators, each who had three drastically different offensive philosophies when he was at Oregon, which shows he could adapt to anything. My only concern about him was he too had some injury issues. Hindsight I guess.[/QUOTE]

RBs are tricky. They get injured a lot and don't have longevity. Just look at some of our RBs considered good either for us or other teams over the last few years:

Jay Ajayi: retired (28 years old)

Lamar Miller: has played for 6 different teams since he left the Dolphins, mostly because of an injury he suffered that kept him out of theentire 2019 season.

Kenyan Drake: mediocre at best both with us and with other teams. Overvalued imo.
They have very short shelf lives. Todd Gurley is out of football. He’s 27. Christian McCaffery and Saquon Barkley are really looking shaky. Even Ezekiel Elliott looks like a shell of what he was, and he had ten TD. Le’Veon Bell is completely washed up. None of them have reached the age of 30. It’s a tough call, because a good halfback can make a good team much better, see Tennessee. However, their shelf lives are guaranteed to be short and limited. [/QUOTE]

Going to be expensive but I agree. He's a top 5 TE imo.
And ascending upward. I think 50 million over 6 should do it.

Agree and this is where I disagreed with Hyde implying Waddle isn't a playmaker like Jamarr Chase or Kyle Pitts. One, Pitts is a TE and we already have a good TE. Two, I don't think anyone can say that Jamarr Chase is better than Jaylen Waddle or vice-versa. Waddle has more receptions and Chase has more yards. Chase also has a QB with a decent offensive line. Waddle was forced to make a lot of short receptions because Tua was constantly under pressure.
Hyde and Omar are much from the same cloth. They look too much at the grass from other people’s lawns. Waddle was really good this year. Put him on Cincinnati, he does what Chase did.

Parker has a ton of talent and is great because of his size, but the guy gets injured by a fucking errant gust of wind. Cut him.

Taking Will Fuller despite having full knowledge of his history on IR should be strike 2 at least for Grier, with strike 1 being the Tua over Herbert pick.
Agree on most of this, but man Grier is on so many strikes and foul tips that I lost track. Dude massively bombed on his first two drafts. He made so many shit trades, free agent signings and draft picks.

Looked great against shit teams. Gave up 45 to Tampa Bay and 34 to Tennessee. Like our win streak, the defense is likely very over-inflated.
Valid. Buffalo stomped their ass too.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Two Saturday Games
Broncos vs Chiefs to kick it off at 16:30 ET
20% Chance of Snow/Rain

Game means something for the Chiefs and they are 11.5 point favorites
Broncos just want their coaches fired, got all their players back from last week that were covid proto bs scratched.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
So...we get a Monday Night Football broadcast on ESPN on a Saturday. And Fowler and Kirk are on the call.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
So...we get a Monday Night Football broadcast on ESPN on a Saturday. And Fowler and Kirk are on the call.

I prefer them to Griese and the other guy
Fowler is OK, Herb is good

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Lol a fumble recovery TD by a linebacker from the redzone donkeys gonna donk

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Broncos fired Fangio today. Will there be more major changes changes this off season? Are they happy with Bridgewater? This team seems very close to being a complete team. Someone like Russel Wilson could push them over the top.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Broncos fired Fangio today. Will there be more major changes changes this off season? Are they happy with Bridgewater? This team seems very close to being a complete team. Someone like Russel Wilson could push them over the top.
Rambo John J @Sound System Do you agree? Are you a QB away from being a true contender?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rambo John J @Sound System Do you agree? Are you a QB away from being a true contender?
Bridgewater was not good(and honestly he should retire, the concussions are getting worse), only beat the shitty teams...Probably should have started and continued developing lock all year and we would have the same or better record...Offense is much more lively and defenses have to cover past 8 yards...The OC was horrible, Vic hated Lock

Of course a Rodgers or Wilson would be good, the roster is solid...But it is unlikely that they will end up in denver
That leaves Cousins or Matt Ryan and they are fading and probably not the answer

Lock is on the last year of his deal, Broncos most likely draft a QB(none are game NFL game ready though) and he learns behind Lock next year...a new Offensive Coordinator could probably make this offense much better even with existing personnel

Broncos failures last 3 years are almost all on Fangio and the Coaches he hitched his Wagon to

Nothing to lose yesterday and he tries to milk the clock to end the first half instead of going for points to go up two scores
End of game he opts for a FG with 4 1/2 minutes left instead of go for it on 4th and 9...both ways you still need to score a TD
Denver loses another game with Fangio's D unable to get a stop at the end of a game, predictable and normal to see a team up and kneeling to close out with Vic's D on the field.

Fangio has lost probably 9 games with that type of pussy ass game management, horrible HC...and honestly his D has been really bad at closing out games and playing with a lead...His D has slightly exaggerated stats because he takes the air out of the ball and limits possessions for both teams so scoring and yards are less

Good Riddance Fangio Meatball...take your clueless ass elsewhere

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Hauler @Hauler Miami aren't playing in one of the early games for once, so I'm going to keep half an eye on the Bengals / Browns game.

Best ever rookie season for a WR during the SuperBowl era for Chase already I see, and only needs one half decent catch for the franchise record. Kid's doing pretty good :)

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Hauler @Hauler Miami aren't playing in one of the early games for once, so I'm going to keep half an eye on the Bengals / Browns game.

Best ever rookie season for a WR during the SuperBowl era for Chase already I see, and only needs one half decent catch for the franchise record. Kid's doing pretty good :)
Dude is a stud for sure. He got the record and they sat him down. This game is pretty much a preseason game. Getting healthy for the playoffs.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Dude is a stud for sure. He got the record and they sat him down. This game is pretty much a preseason game. Getting healthy for the playoffs.
Ah, the division title is aleready clinched, gotcha.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ah, the division title is aleready clinched, gotcha.
Yeah, with Denver's loss to KC yesterday the Chiefs clinched the 1 seed bye. A Brngals win would be nice for the best seed possible, but it's more important to get healthy.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Yeah, with Denver's loss to KC yesterday the Chiefs clinched the 1 seed bye. A Brngals win would be nice for the best seed possible, but it's more important to get healthy.
We need the tits to lose to houston today for the one seed. Which is looking very unlikely atm.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
We need the tits to lose to houston today for the one seed. Which is looking very unlikely atm.
Oh I thought y'all clinched.
I just know the Bengals couldn't get it.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I want Big Ben to throw a pick 6 here in OT to end his career.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'll take a sack fumble too.
I don't want to be greedy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Best case scenario - Big Ben throws an INT and on the return he gets absolutely de-cleated with a blindside block.