Sports 2022-2023 College Football Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

GO BIG RED!!!

last 100
Oct 17, 2015
Our coach won National Championships at Nebraska as both a player and Asst Coach. Nebraska fans packed the FF in Ohama to cheer her and UofL, which was awesome.
i remember her from her playing days. i read somewhere that vball has sold out every game since 2003.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The #1 RB in the 2023 class that was committed to us, committed to A&M. But Brohm has come in hitting the portal hard. Landed a safety from Arkansas today, and another one from Baylor. He's held the rest of the 2023 class intact as well. Could be our best class ever. Excited to see what Brohm will do over the next 3-4 years.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Damn, tOSU is 26-27-0 in bowl games? Embarrassing
Many of those are traveling across the country, often playing in their opponent's backyard.

I haven't checked - where's the OSU / UGA game being played at?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Damn, tOSU is 26-27-0 in bowl games? Embarrassing
By my "I'm bored at lunchtime" math...

In those losses, the Buckeyes traveled an average of 1,454 miles.

Their opponents? 663.

8 of the losses came against opponents who had to travel UNDER 100 MILES. The game was literally in their backyard.

But keep measuring the Bucks with your toe on the scale. I'd love to see a west coast team or one of the sacred SEC! SEC! SEC! teams head North for a game in the winter. But we all know that ain't happening because you all ain't got the balls.

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
By my "I'm bored at lunchtime" math...

In those losses, the Buckeyes traveled an average of 1,454 miles.

Their opponents? 663.

8 of the losses came against opponents who had to travel UNDER 100 MILES. The game was literally in their backyard.

But keep measuring the Bucks with your toe on the scale. I'd love to see a west coast team or one of the sacred SEC! SEC! SEC! teams head North for a game in the winter. But we all know that ain't happening because you all ain't got the balls.
Because only a dumb dumb wants to waste a few vacation days in January visiting Toledo

"Hmm, should I go to Vegas, Miami, or Maumee to sit outside for half a day watching football? Tough decision"

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
Ohio St is the most talented team in the Big 10.
They are 140 points ahead of Mich in the team talent composite. That is a massive lead. Mich is #2 in the B10 in talent, but would be 5th in the SEC, just ahead of fla. Mizzou, which is 13th in the SEC in talent would be 6th in the B10. OSU just isn't playing against a lot of NFL caliber talent week after week.

Also, outside of OSU, there are only 9 5-star players in the whole B10. Outside of UGA there are 43 5-star players in the SEC.

There are 5 B10 schools with 10 or less 4-star players. The only team in the SEC with less than 10 is Vandy. the next lowest is Mizzou with 18. Everyone else has more than 20.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ohio St is the most talented team in the Big 10.
They are 140 points ahead of Mich in the team talent composite. That is a massive lead. Mich is #2 in the B10 in talent, but would be 5th in the SEC, just ahead of fla. Mizzou, which is 13th in the SEC in talent would be 6th in the B10. OSU just isn't playing against a lot of NFL caliber talent week after week.

Also, outside of OSU, there are only 9 5-star players in the whole B10. Outside of UGA there are 43 5-star players in the SEC.

There are 5 B10 schools with 10 or less 4-star players. The only team in the SEC with less than 10 is Vandy. the next lowest is Mizzou with 18. Everyone else has more than 20.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Is everyone aware UGA's QB is almost 30 years old?

Is he a fucking retard or something?
Get held back?

How fucking dumb do you have to be to get held back in Georgia? The majority of that state is illiterate.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
UGA Heisman winners: 2
Ohio State Heisman winners: 7

UGA NCs: 2
Ohio State NCs: 8

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015
GA NCs: 2
Ohio State NCs: 8
well UGA has 3, not two. And UGA has one in the last year, tOSU has 0. They both have the same over the last 50 years. I don't want to add too much weight to those won prior to desegregation.

What is the all-time record of UGA v tOSU? head to head matters

I don't care much about Heismans. And damn, the majority of Ohio State's football success was over half a century ago

Fan_of_Fanboys

First 200ish
Feb 9, 2015

Get held back?

How fucking dumb do you have to be to get held back in Georgia? The majority of that state is illiterate.
can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to lose to him? would that be the biggest embarrassment a team could suffer? I mean, he was a walk-on, unranked, no scholarship. If a team with seven Heiman winners were to lose to someone like that it would be a major black eye

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to lose to him? would that be the biggest embarrassment a team could suffer? I mean, he was a walk-on, unranked, no scholarship. If a team with seven Heiman winners were to lose to someone like that it would be a major black eye
Well, they won't lose to the grandpa.

They'll lose going against that defense. Playing them at home hurts too.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Get held back?

He's the same age as Lamar Jackson. Let that sink in for a minute.