General 2022 what are you watching on Netflix (and other streaming services) thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't watch shows normally but every once in awhile I'll binge watch a series in a day or two that hooks me.
Last one I tried was Ozark iirc, but had to quit that as I got burnt out into season two.
I can feel the same old storyline, and this DRAGGING on crap.
Actually I forced myself to finish Reacher most recent...

I'm now watching this one called The Mayor of Kingstown with Jeremy Renner.
I've always liked Renner.
Moving into season two I can see the same old crap and it infuriates me but I'll stick it out.
It's decent as far as TV goes, but I didn't really know what it was about going in, and I get sick to my stomach many times because I associate with that life and lifestyle and it takes me back psychologically.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't watch shows normally but every once in awhile I'll binge watch a series in a day or two that hooks me.
Last one I tried was Ozark iirc, but had to quit that as I got burnt out into season two.

Moving into season two I can see the same old crap and it infuriates me but I'll stick it out.
It's decent as far as TV goes, but I didn't really know what it was about going in, and I get sick to my stomach many times because I associate with that life and lifestyle and it takes me back psychologically.
It is well done and Renner carries it, as most series it fades in quality quickly
It will likely be the last acting he does as guy who can stand and walk without a limp

Pilot was powerful and it is a shame Coach from Friday Night Lights had an early exit

I can't buy Littlefinger in his role but...He will always kinda be little finger I would guess to most people

I watched a show called Shantaram based in India and based on a popular book of the same name, pretty good...I guess the accents don't work for people who know those accents but I could barely tell because I am a Goru...It starred Charlie Hunnam and I think it may only end up being a single season and thus incomplete because oddly he broke his back and won't be doing much acting for quite awhile

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP_0BhCw2rg

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018

Fuck I can only imagine how many suicides you would've committed powering through and finishing The Walking Dead like me lol...

Game of Thrones and maybe Sons Of Anarchy are next on my list...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It is well done and Renner carries it, as most series it fades in quality quickly
It will likely be the last acting he does as guy who can stand and walk without a limp

Pilot was powerful and it is a shame Coach from Friday Night Lights had an early exit

I can't buy Littlefinger in his role but...He will always kinda be little finger I would guess to most people
I buy Littlefinger in it because he's just playing Russian Littlefinger

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I watched a show called Shantaram based in India and based on a popular book of the same name, pretty good...I guess the accents don't work for people who know those accents but I could barely tell because I am a Goru...It starred Charlie Hunnam and I think it may only end up being a single season and thus incomplete because oddly he broke his back and won't be doing much acting for quite awhile

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP_0BhCw2rg
Renner actually looks like he is gonna recover from getting run over by a 13.5 ton cat
Saw an interview and he had legs and looked normal

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Screenshot_20230425_132937.jpg

I was in New Orleans when this went down and was way too drunk to watch the news. I completely forgot how insane this entire thing was.

This doc is very well done. Worth a watch.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Chimp Empire

Just finished the 4th episode. It's really good. The footage is insane - almost too insane. I was constantly asking myself "How the fuck did they get this footage?". But if it's CGI - it's really, really well done.

There are parts in the show where I do think they used CGI - like at times butterflies were just too perfect. But for the footage of the chimps - it's insane.

I hope they do a "making of" because I think that will be just as interesting as the show itself.

This one will win a lot of awards. Groundbreaking.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
watched john wick 4 last night ...... 2 hours 45 mins for no good reason ..... i enjoyed 1 and 2 . dont remember 3 really and 4 was a completely unnecessary movie. there was no need to even make this film. the plot was basic and it was just a series of gun fights . ok no shit hey its john wick right? but why make it 2 hours 45 mins long? that is epic LOTR length . the only reason something needs to be that long is for an intricate plot to play out . there is no need to sit thru almost 3 hours of mindless no plot action sequences. if the movie waas 1 hour 49 mins it could have been entertaining . instead i was like Christ when does this end from before the half way point

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
watched john wick 4 last night ...... 2 hours 45 mins for no good reason ..... i enjoyed 1 and 2 . dont remember 3 really and 4 was a completely unnecessary movie. there was no need to even make this film. the plot was basic and it was just a series of gun fights . ok no shit hey its john wick right? but why make it 2 hours 45 mins long? that is epic LOTR length . the only reason something needs to be that long is for an intricate plot to play out . there is no need to sit thru almost 3 hours of mindless no plot action sequences. if the movie waas 1 hour 49 mins it could have been entertaining . instead i was like Christ when does this end from before the half way point
You sound so stupid right now.

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
I was never a huge fan of McGregor, but man, I miss him in his glory days
Hard to beat those days. Crazy to think all that drama with the thrown dolly at the bus was over his friend at the time the GOAT Artem Lobov and they now hate eachother. I nuthug just about everything he does but can't defend his actions post Poirier fight...

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Hard to beat those days. Crazy to think all that drama with the thrown dolly at the bus was over his friend at the time the GOAT Artem Lobov and they now hate eachother. I nuthug just about everything he does but can't defend his actions post Poirier fight...
Seeing his post surgery explanation "You say fucking crazy shit when you think your career is over." I was a little more okay with it.