General Anyone follow cryptocurrencies (bit coin, ethereum, etc.) ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty they took a slight dip but now it looks like they're on the up again

Edit - except ethereum

Sold off enough ethereum to cover my original 1000.

My etherum is all risk free now. And I've still tripled my money in 2 weeks.

Bought some btc (easiest to diversify with) and doubled down on my LTC purchase. LTC is way undervalued. It's inherent properties make a solid technology with no drama and a good dev group.

Monitoring ripple which is the biggest gamble. It may crash to 0.10 soon but should eventually value around 0.85

Many coins being pumped and dumped right now due to news and noobies. Be careful.

Eth,btc, and LTC all have inherent value. Btc has the least value based on tech, but has support and mindshare so will stay solid. But that can get rocky if anything else ever breaks 1000 in the near term.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
@conor mcgregor nut hugger

A couple of things. I had the evening off after the gym and have just been reading various charts and market reports.

On coinbase be sure to add your ID. I didn't even realize I could have a cash wallet. This is much better.

Next, start setting up some alerts. Coinbase app doesn't support Litecoin alerts yet but big moves in Bitcoin or ethereum will pull the whole market around.

All market conditions are ready for at least one more run on bitcoin up to about 3100 or so.
At that point I'm out of Bitcoin until after August.
I expect too much volatility as we get closer and closer to August 1st and after. Combine that with the end of the year and I expect to see a huge correction into January of next year.
I bet The new Normal is probably somewhere between $1000 and $1,400 as a bottom. That's about half of right now and double the previous bottom.
Bitcoin it's going to make a good Reserve when all of these other coins Fall Apart. So expect to see a new higher bottom, but I also expect to see a huge correction.

I have no idea what's going to happen with ethereum. Half the hype is real and other hype it's just hype. It's really tough to say with big moves like the SEC ETF possibility. That's why I moved my original investment out already and I'm just playing with the wins.

Litecoin just had some big whales move around the market. Litecoin is about to Boom or bust. A quick run to $45 maybe? Then August 1 comes.
Litecoin is undervalued due to technology. Litecoin is undervalued due to Future interoperability with lightning networks and Bitcoin. Litecoin is below its historical LTC/BTC ratio. If Litecoin booms before August, I will probably take some money back out, but not much. I'm long on LTC and there's many multiples of increase to come. It's one of the few mainstream coins with good technology and lots of use and lots of mind share that is cheap enough to buy many.

M

member 3289

Splinty @Splinty what other sites/services do you use to buy crypto currency besides Coinbase?

I've used coinmama.com when I have gone over my weekly limit with Coinbase and don't feel like waiting a week for the funds, but the fees are considerably higher.

There really aren't a lot of easy options.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty what other sites/services do you use to buy crypto currency besides Coinbase?

I've used coinmama.com when I have gone over my weekly limit with Coinbase and don't feel like waiting a week for the funds, but the fees are considerably higher.

There really aren't a lot of easy options.

Bitstamp

Coinbase is the only easy fiat to btc process in my experience.

The rest are made for btc to other coins primarily.

So usd>btc on coinbase

Then transfer from one btc wallet to another and you are rolling.

M

member 3289

Bitstamp

Coinbase is the only easy fiat to btc process in my experience.

The rest are made for btc to other coins primarily.

So usd>btc on coinbase

Then transfer from one btc wallet to another and you are rolling.
When you do the bank account option payment on Coinbase, does it lock in the price no matter what happens over the next 7 days (until you get your bitcoins)?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
When you do the bank account option payment on Coinbase, does it lock in the price no matter what happens over the next 7 days (until you get your bitcoins)?

Yeah, you purchase at that current rate. Could be fine or bad.

Better to give id and it make a cash wallet. You put cash in there and it's instant when you buy and sell.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ETH moved to 269.40 and I'm out.
Quadruple money in a month or less.

Expect to see a 30%+ correction soon.

I'm back in if we see 190 or less. Coinbase alert set. But could see a sell off if we lose the 2 in front.

Got to be big moves. Fees are crazy right now. 18 bucks in and 18 bucks out.

@conor mcgregor nut hugger

Hloding Bitcoin for 3000 again. Anticipate correction soon to 2500 and slow decline for later this year. Rally to retrun 2018.

LTC hldo forever. It's cheap, undervalued, useful, and I have many.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Eth at 270.00 all time high. A little bump before correction?? Or gonna shoot the moon.

M

member 3289

Splinty @Splinty LTC has been up and down in small increments for the past month but it looks like it's steadily increasing now.

How high do you think it gets, and how long till it gets there?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty LTC has been up and down in small increments for the past month but it looks like it's steadily increasing now.

How high do you think it gets, and how long till it gets there?

LTC is a long hold. Buy it and forget it.

If you want short term? Set a 45 dollar alert and get out. Enjoy your 50%+ gain.

This last two months aren't normal. There is going to be a correction.

Long term I expect to see LTC sit at 0.1BTC or bust. Probably the former.

And btc will probably correct to a new low of 1000-1500. Btc will probably be $10,000 five years from now versus the current $3000.

So exepct LTC of 100-150 in the coming year or two.

LTC could be $1000 five years from now.

Or something new comes and disrupts all of the market and we all move to that.

Right now, if everyone ran to Bitcoin as a reserve currency, there's about $5,700/btc in the market.

So there's currently room to grow even in the current landscape. Half of the alt coins are total shit pump and dump scams.
If cryptocurrency exists....

BTC is a solid long term.
LTC is a solid long term.
Ethereum is exciting moderate term.
Ripple is a huge maybe with an probable $0.85 landing point.
Monero could make you rich if you trust your drug dealer.

Everything else is nuts and might make you a millionaire or broke.