General Anyone follow cryptocurrencies (bit coin, ethereum, etc.) ?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty have you been following LTC the past few days?

It's been going up to $32, then back down to $29, then lather-rinse-repeat.

Is fine. It's my long term hold.

Market is softening this week. Blood in the streets coming on some of these pumps.

BTC and ETH should have big drops soon. And shit coins will follow.

Since LTC didn't follow Bitcoin up his much I'll be curious to see it takes a drastic drop along with it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The market correction that I have been talking about is occurring

I was about 7 days early getting out but it's all good.

1.9 million.dollar eth sell order is on the market right now

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My guesses...

BTC 1800
ETH <250

LTC will correct some but since it didn't have the massive ups and downs, it's still solid. LTC hit an all time high even higher in 2014 than now.

As we keep closer to those, I'll dollar average in on the dips. Then move all to a paper wallet and throw it in a safe until 2020.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty you seeing this?

Yep yep.

I knew it was coming when the entire Marketplace went down and Litecoin barely budged and in fact went green while everything else was still red.

Beware the pump and dump, it will come and when the crash happens you must have strong hands.

But the fundamentals are strong. And in the current climate, this coin did not track to its all-time high of 2014 nor did it track and its historical Bitcoin to Litecoin ratio.

By every metric of the marketplace this year, this coin is undervalued.

The speculators will get their hands on it and run it super high, like $100 soon.

It's your choice if you want to get out at that point, because that won't last forever. The once it starts its way up, there will be a new bottom and it will never go lower than that again.

I've Diversified across 10 different coins right now. I'm going to choose about five more over the next two weeks.

I'm proportioned out into things that have true fundamental benefits and could change the marketplace substantially if they do it right.

All of this is high risk due to the nature of the market.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My guesses...

BTC 1800
ETH <250

LTC will correct some but since it didn't have the massive ups and downs, it's still solid. LTC hit an all time high even higher in 2014 than now.

As we keep closer to those, I'll dollar average in on the dips. Then move all to a paper wallet and throw it in a safe until 2020.

Btw,
Yesterday...
Eth hit 250
BTC hit 2100

I still think there's a lot of unknown with Bitcoin that could go either way. There's some big moves happening before August 1st right now including a risk of a hard fork and which Bitcoin splits into two coins. If that occurs Anything could happen. But that's looking less and less likely. And if it does happen, the smaller fork is looking like it will be less and less attractive.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
But then both shot back up. Any idea why?

That's exactly what cryptocurrency does. Lots of speculation and testing highs and testing Lowe's. It's a 24-hour market with all kinds of players waking up and going to sleep at different times. You can watch it like the tide for some coins between the US and Chinese pumping and dumping back and forth.

You gain some level of appreciation that the Stock Market opens and closes.

There's also the possibility of a coordinated sell-off amongst some of the coins. In the market you can set automatic sells and buys. Somebody with a big bag could come along and trigger a panic cell which would trigger some of those deals. It starts a chain reaction and you get a big cliff.

There's so much new money in the market right now that small trimble's can turn into an earthquake.

In 2013 Bitcoin had a big hack at one of the exchanges and that crashed the entire Market took something like 18 months to recover to that price.

So beware Anything Could Happen. Ethereum is probably valued at about twice what it should be right now. It's all - potential. If some of these Ico's don't pan out, there could be a run on the coin like a run on the bank.

Only cryptocurrency could a 25% drop in a single day be considered a usual correction LOL

EyeAmYuki

Posting Machine
Nov 4, 2015
No one believes me but I had over £30 in bitcoins around 2011/2012. Forgot about them. Read an article years later that reminded me. Realised I was a multi millionaire, spent 24 hours retracing my steps finding emails and passwords. Only to find that the website that hosted my virtual wallet had been seized by the FBI.

M

member 3289

No one believes me but I had over £30 in bitcoins around 2011/2012. Forgot about them. Read an article years later that reminded me. Realised I was a multi millionaire, spent 24 hours retracing my steps finding emails and passwords. Only to find that the website that hosted my virtual wallet had been seized by the FBI.