Personal Anyone try/have knowledge of ketamine for anxiety/depression?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Just wanted to throw in that I'm actually really good right now. Those who know know that's it's still a bit of a daily battle even in the good times.

My medicine does well and therapy is really helpful as well.

But I can always be better and investing in my mental health is worth the money to me if I can become a bit sharper and less reliant on daily medicine to be nearer to my peak.

This shit ain't cheap though and insurance doesn't cover it at all soooo we'll see. At $500+/- per dose I had better feel like a damn God when I walk out of the place.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
Just wanted to throw in that I'm actually really good right now. Those who know know that's it's still a bit of a daily battle even in the good times.

My medicine does well and therapy is really helpful as well.

But I can always be better and investing in my mental health is worth the money to me if I can become a bit sharper and less reliant on daily medicine to be nearer to my peak.

This shit ain't cheap though and insurance doesn't cover it at all soooo we'll see. At $500+/- per dose I had better feel like a damn God when I walk out of the place.
I’ve personally never done ketamine, but a friend said small dosing helped with his anxiety.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Tried the breathing techniques, Wim Hof and others, and it's great for bringing me down or making sure that I don't get too worked up before a big event that would normally cause stress... Does nothing for me as far as prevention goes.

Handy tool to have in the shed but it's not the one I'm looking for at the moment.
the breathing technique is just one part, you should try the whole package if you haven't, which includes cold exposure and intermittent fasting.

cold shower or taking an ice bath will help you practice mindfulness, I look at it as a forced meditation.

intermittent fasting will help use the reserves (fat) in the body as an energy instead of using sugar, brings your blood pressure down

and it's something you do consistently like everyday, I feel like it's not effective if you use it as needed

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I’ve personally never done ketamine, but a friend said small dosing helped with his anxiety.
that's rare cuz i don't know anyone who likes to do ketamine in small doses. most of the people that I know like to go balls out and go into a k-hole, get the whole outer body experience

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Should I try it
I dunno. That would be up to you and your Drs and/or therapist.

But I can say that even though I don't necessarily feel any differently, I had people commenting that I seem to be in a good mood three days after the first treatment.

My brain feels sharper. As if a bit of a fog has listed.

That's not quite right. I never felt foggy.

Imagine what it would be like if you were able to turn off all of the background noise that distracts you from focusing on those things that you really want to experience.

So far, that's what it's been like for me. I'm processing things faster, sleeping better, and just overall feel more prepared and productive.

No clue how long it will last but so far the effects are pretty sweet.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018

But I can say that even though I don't necessarily feel any differently, I had people commenting that I seem to be in a good mood three days after the first treatment.

Imagine what it would be like if you were able to turn off all of the background noise that distracts you from focusing on those things that you really want to experience.

So far, that's what it's been like for me. I'm processing things faster, sleeping better, and just overall feel more prepared and productive.

Glad you're feeling better bud.

M

member 1013

They would say no because of my intense alcohol and cocaine addiction I bet

pussies

glad you’re feeling good Bruv

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
They would say no because of my intense alcohol and cocaine addiction I bet

pussies

glad you’re feeling good Bruv
psilocybin might be your ticket then

I know people that changed their mental alcohol dependency with da shrooms, went from relapses and binges and cravings to completely over that phase of their life...pretty amazing transitions

It may be legalized for such treatment here in Oregon this year Initiative 34

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

That's awesome, man. Glad it is helping. What does the treatment regime look like? Like how many sessions will you do, how far apart, etc.

My friend that did this treatment here said the doctor recommended at least 5 sessions (which is also how he sold the service, in 5-packs). I think he stopped after the 5th treatment. But he still swears by it. He's not a bad dude, but he used to get really moody and depressed suddenly, which made hanging out around him weird sometimes. He seems to be in a much better mental space after those treatments, which I think was at least a year and a half ago.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
That's awesome, man. Glad it is helping. What does the treatment regime look like? Like how many sessions will you do, how far apart, etc.

My friend that did this treatment here said the doctor recommended at least 5 sessions (which is also how he sold the service, in 5-packs). I think he stopped after the 5th treatment. But he still swears by it. He's not a bad dude, but he used to get really moody and depressed suddenly, which made hanging out around him weird sometimes. He seems to be in a much better mental space after those treatments, which I think was at least a year and a half ago.
OK... So the process thus far

Consultation with the Dr. - Due to Rona this was about an hour long phone conversation about my health, why I was interested, what I knew about it, my overall history with medications and yada yada yada

Based on that he makes his recommendations. Generally he said that he tends to either recommend 6 treatments over about 3 weeks or 8 over 4 weeks depending on the patient.

Because I'm currently on medicine and active and healthy and see a therapist, etc etc etc 6 and 3 it is.

You're not allowed to drive after so you have to work out a ride and he strongly recommends a friend or family member the first time so that you're actually with someone that you're cozy with in case you're a bit fucked up after.

So you go in, sit in a quiet little room, he talks to you for a bit. Based on weight and misc factors he determines the dose. They take blood pressure and constantly monitor it. Hook you up to a monitor for heart rate, rhythm, and pulse ox.

Then they start an IV. Inject the ketamine into the saline and then titrate the drip accordingly.

They then leave the room. You can have the lights out, on, listen to music, whatever. You're still hooked up the monitors and they're able to watch from a very visible camera (it's not like they're hiding it and being creepy). There's a call button if you freak out or need anything.

It seems to take about 15 minutes before you really start feeling it and tripping. Then lift off. It takes about 40/50 minutes for the drugs to run through from start to finish. Then you're just sitting and relaxing and coming to your senses for about a half hour.

Then the Dr comes in and does a little debriefing. Then you're good to go home.

This place will let someone sit with you if you'd like. Family or therapist.

After the first visit I felt good after and went and got some pho with my girlfriend. She makes fun of me because I'm a little goofier than normal right after. So basically I could go be pretty productive if I needed to do something.

The Dr. says that some patients are able to stop taking their normal daily anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds after but he would leave that up to my therapist and primary care physician. Most patients tend to need a bit of a "booster" after about 3 to 4 months. Some need it monthly. Some only need it about once a year.

After 3 visits I can't say that I "feel" differently in regards to my mood. Of course I already felt pretty good. Very functional. I just want to be better and hopefully get to a place where I don't need to take a pill every day as I do have some side effects that are just annoying. Not bad. So if I need to continue taking them then I'm perfectly content with that.

There is obviously something going on. People have commented that I seem to be in an especially good mood. So that's cool. I'm also sleeping better. Feels like a more restful sleep than I normally get. The benefit seems to be that all of the volume on the background noise in my brain has been turned down. So I'm far more focused and alert. I joked to the Dr that even if my mood is garbage my brain function is wild and it's as though I've taken that Limitless shit.

Any questions about cost or anything else related to this just let me know.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
very cool Will

Glad you took the plunge

Seems like some sort of Reset has occurred

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

Consultation with the Dr. - Due to Rona this was about an hour long phone conversation about my health, why I was interested, what I knew about it, my overall history with medications and yada yada yada

Based on that he makes his recommendations. Generally he said that he tends to either recommend 6 treatments over about 3 weeks or 8 over 4 weeks depending on the patient.

Because I'm currently on medicine and active and healthy and see a therapist, etc etc etc 6 and 3 it is.

You're not allowed to drive after so you have to work out a ride and he strongly recommends a friend or family member the first time so that you're actually with someone that you're cozy with in case you're a bit fucked up after.

So you go in, sit in a quiet little room, he talks to you for a bit. Based on weight and misc factors he determines the dose. They take blood pressure and constantly monitor it. Hook you up to a monitor for heart rate, rhythm, and pulse ox.

Then they start an IV. Inject the ketamine into the saline and then titrate the drip accordingly.

They then leave the room. You can have the lights out, on, listen to music, whatever. You're still hooked up the monitors and they're able to watch from a very visible camera (it's not like they're hiding it and being creepy). There's a call button if you freak out or need anything.

It seems to take about 15 minutes before you really start feeling it and tripping. Then lift off. It takes about 40/50 minutes for the drugs to run through from start to finish. Then you're just sitting and relaxing and coming to your senses for about a half hour.

After the first visit I felt good after and went and got some pho with my girlfriend. She makes fun of me because I'm a little goofier than normal right after. So basically I could go be pretty productive if I needed to do something.

The Dr. says that some patients are able to stop taking their normal daily anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds after but he would leave that up to my therapist and primary care physician. Most patients tend to need a bit of a "booster" after about 3 to 4 months. Some need it monthly. Some only need it about once a year.

After 3 visits I can't say that I "feel" differently in regards to my mood. Of course I already felt pretty good. Very functional. I just want to be better and hopefully get to a place where I don't need to take a pill every day as I do have some side effects that are just annoying. Not bad. So if I need to continue taking them then I'm perfectly content with that.

There is obviously something going on. People have commented that I seem to be in an especially good mood. So that's cool. I'm also sleeping better. Feels like a more restful sleep than I normally get. The benefit seems to be that all of the volume on the background noise in my brain has been turned down. So I'm far more focused and alert. I joked to the Dr that even if my mood is garbage my brain function is wild and it's as though I've taken that Limitless shit.

I’m glad you have had some positive results, and thanks for sharing all of that info. Stress and anxiety from work have been out of control for me this year. To the point I feel it’s affecting my health, and certainly my mental health. I think I’m just burned the fuck out from the relentless pace of everything, and I haven’t had much time off the past couple of years.
It’s weird too because I can put on my game face on and always get shit done when it’s time to work or deal with a client, but then I’m toast when I get home or actually get a chance to stop. I need to rebalance my work/life ratio or I’m going to go crazy before too long. been having some stomach issues, and my appetite has been off. And I’ve been unusually fatigued at times. I can’t sleep when I should be, but then I also can’t get out of bed when I should. That kind of shit. And with my crazy schedule I haven’t been able to exercise all that much. That seems to have a big effect, I feel so much better when I can get my mountain bike rides in every week. That’s my best ‘reset’ I have. And edibles too, they help a lot and get me to actually relax and sleep well. But I can’t do that all day everyday.

I don’t know what I want to do to change this, but something needs to give. Thanks again for sharing about your experience with the K treatment, I appreciate it.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
You should try an E.

A decent E with some friends.

Will blow away any cobwebs your mind has and reset your perspective.

You will see you have about 90% clutter floating about.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

That's great that it seems to be working for you. Taking a massive dose of mushrooms always made me feel better for a few months after when I was dealing with some stuff. Hopefully it helps bring your mind some peace. It's amazing what happens when you let your subconscious out to play.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
You should try an E.

A decent E with some friends.

Will blow away any cobwebs your mind has and reset your perspective.

You will see you have about 90% clutter floating about.
I drunked you because a serotonin dump for a person that doesn't properly produce and process it can literally lead to massive depression. There's even a term that people came up with for that depression called "suicide Tuesday" because so many people can crash hard from it and then kill themselves.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I drunked you because a serotonin dump for a person that doesn't properly produce and process it can literally lead to massive depression. There's even a term that people came up with for that depression called "suicide Tuesday" because so many people can crash hard from it and then kill themselves.
Holy shit, just read the quote, fucking terrible advice all around.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I’m glad you have had some positive results, and thanks for sharing all of that info. Stress and anxiety from work have been out of control for me this year. To the point I feel it’s affecting my health, and certainly my mental health. I think I’m just burned the fuck out from the relentless pace of everything, and I haven’t had much time off the past couple of years.
It’s weird too because I can put on my game face on and always get shit done when it’s time to work or deal with a client, but then I’m toast when I get home or actually get a chance to stop. I need to rebalance my work/life ratio or I’m going to go crazy before too long. been having some stomach issues, and my appetite has been off. And I’ve been unusually fatigued at times. I can’t sleep when I should be, but then I also can’t get out of bed when I should. That kind of shit. And with my crazy schedule I haven’t been able to exercise all that much. That seems to have a big effect, I feel so much better when I can get my mountain bike rides in every week. That’s my best ‘reset’ I have. And edibles too, they help a lot and get me to actually relax and sleep well. But I can’t do that all day everyday.

I don’t know what I want to do to change this, but something needs to give. Thanks again for sharing about your experience with the K treatment, I appreciate it.
Let me know if you have any more questions. I've dealt with this for as long as I can remember. Everyone is different so I can only give my perspective but I'm more than willing to share.
Good diet, exercise (especially on those days where I find it hardest to exist), dog, therapist, and medicine probably have my life at a very functional B/B- level. I'm doing this try to get to the A range.
If it wasn't such a bitch to get shrooms here I would have probably tried something similar with a small dose on a similar timeline to see if that would help. Not a Microdose. Enough to actually take flight for a few but not as much as I would have eaten in my 20s for blast off to the moon.