Askren vs Paul Live Discussion-April 17th

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
You didn't miss anything.

The boxer guy carried Mir to the distance and easily won a UD.
He didn't carry shit. He was in there with a guy who outweighed him by 70 pounds who, for all his striking flaws, is still an elite combat sports veteran who can take your head off if you get too sloppy. So Cunningham didn't risk being sloppy and instead fought wisely and cruised to an easy decision.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
he had the muffin top all around. combat sports aside he just looks out of shape compared to an average joe he doesn't even look healthy.
Luke Thomas said that he walks like he just soiled his diaper and that is an accurate assessment.

If you didn't know who Ben Askren was, you'd laugh in someone's face if they told you he was a professional fighter.

redneck

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He didn't carry shit. He was in there with a guy who outweighed him by 70 pounds who, for all his striking flaws, is still an elite combat sports veteran who can take your head off if you get too sloppy. So Cunningham didn't risk being sloppy and instead fought wisely and cruised to an easy decision.

That's what I said, he carried Mir.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
Luke Thomas said that he walks like he just soiled his diaper and that is an accurate assessment.

If you didn't know who Ben Askren was, you'd laugh in someone's face if they told you he was a professional fighter.
He got a hip-replacement, no? That is some serious shit you literally ain't just walking off.

Sheepdog

Dec 1, 2015
That's what I said, he carried Mir.
That's not what carrying in combat sports means, mete.

Carrying means you are deliberately letting your opponent last longer for reasons that aren't to do with your established gameplan because you have a financial or other interest to do so.

In your definition of 'carrying', every time a fighter doesn't spazz out and swing haymakers at his opponent from the opening bell he is carrying his opponent.

Nick Diaz still GOAT

Posting Machine
Mar 1, 2016
If you liked PRIDE you cant complain about this shit lol

I even remember shows where Bas and Quadros would be taking shots between fights on the dvd and stuff

Yeah this shit is total freak show but it's fun
I was with you until you said this was fun, this event was horrible. seeing Askren get ko'd that was the only fun part.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I bet 40 on Paul
feeling robbed still

Ben stopped training seriously obviously and just wanted to get paid
Never could strike and wasn't gonna learn in late 30s
GSP was talking about it in Rogan. Said he was training with Freddie and asked where Ben was because he saw he'd been training there on social media. Freddie said he came in for a week and did videos and pictures and then was gone. Ben was there for a check.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i dont know how the guy spends a decade training with duke rufous and still cant punch his way out of a paper bag

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i want to see jake paul fight nick diaz next. this kid has to fight a big name and a money draw but he also needs to fight someone with skills. ben askren has no boxing skills obviously. feed him to nick or anderson if he wants to continue down this road