Personal Best Canadian Province?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

What is the best Canadian province?

• Alberta

• British Columbia

• Manitoba

• New Brunswick

• Newfoundland and Labrador

• Nova Scotia

• Ontario

• Prince Edward Island

• Quebec

• Saskatchewan

Results are only viewable after voting.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't believe there are any single language schools in Canada. People from west of Ontario would be able to correct me though.
We have French immersion schools all over the place here in Vancouver. This was a PE Trudeau project that really took root out here.

M

member 1013

I voted BC. I’d be there to if not for my wife wanting to live here near her family. If something were to happen to her Id be in Kelowna or sme place similar inside of 6 months.
I sold my place outside Invemere because it was too close to @Birdwatcher so I could never actually move to where he lives.

Oh sorry La Paix @Chad Wagner

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Apparently most of the Anglo schools in Quebec are attended mainly by Francos now. The Anglos have skedaddled, especially outside Montreal. Leaving behind an English school system with hardly any English students to attend them. Ha.

British Columbia and it’s not even close. Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are cold lands of flat nothing. Ontario is diet New York, like cmnh said. The rest are either insignificant and or French.
You are 100% correct with your first statement.
The prairie provinces have a lot of flat land but there are mountains in Alberta and the northern regions of all three contain dense woodlands, pristine lakes, rivers and plenty of diverse terrain to make for challenging portages.

M

member 1013

Not in this area. I wouldn't pretend Ontario is as bilingual as New Brunswick, but we've got a reasonably large francophone population here.
The one I went to was on the border with Quebec 8 hours north of Toronto and the town was half French.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The one I went to was on the border with Quebec 8 hours north of Toronto and the town was half French.
Sudbury and Timmins area is primarily French speaking. If memory serves like 15 or 20% of people in the Ottawa area are Francophone.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
the west keeps quebec and the maritimes above water by sending money back east

In 2018-19, equalization payments will rise to a new high of $19 billion. Sixty-two per cent will go to Quebec, while Alberta taxpayers will contribute about $3 billion.

This amount is actually only a portion of approximately $20 billion of net federal transfers out of Alberta this year. Two other federal programs — the Canada Health Transfer and Canada Social Transfer — have a transfer effect. The same is true for federal benefit programs such as employment insurance, Old Age Security and the Canada Pension Plan.

Each year, Albertans collectively pay in much more in that we receive back. Understanding the transfer effects of these other federal programs explains how it is that between 2007 and 2015, Alberta’s net contribution to the federal government was $221 billion, or an average of over $24 billion a year.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Not in this area. I wouldn't pretend Ontario is as bilingual as New Brunswick, but we've got a reasonably large francophone population here.
We did have the Milliardville neighborhood in Coquitlam but it was assimilated, so nothing here French wise.:smiley:

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Don’t even bother defending Ontario bruv.

This thread was orchestrated by a bored Floridian and an admin who likes to troll his own site to ignite civil war between BC and Ontario.

Scallywags and churls, both.
BC

Ontario

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
plus we sent them all to residential schools and they all speak english now. your welcome first nations

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
there is like 1000 indians left and 500k chinese and a million hindus in surrey alone
The natives are pretty worried about this aggressive multiculturalism actually. What becomes of their solemn treaties with the white man with the coming Han Chinese majority?