Best non firearm home defense weapon?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I also have batmans shrukins, his wrist things with the blades on the side, Wolverines claws (picture brass knuckles with his blades at the end) chinese hand grips with spikes at the end and throwing knives inside the top compartment and loads more lol.

P

Punch

I have 2 kitanas, the Sword from Blade and the sword that Duncan McCloud had. If you want i can post pics of them later.
That's cool. Replicas i assume? They sturdy enough for combat?

Also, Blade wielded a ninjato. I know i'm being that guy right now. Pardon me, my nerd is showing. :D

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Co2 Crosman..,410 fps iirc..Face shot would be brutal lol
Cool. I have a Umarex xbg that im a Crack shot with. I'm positive I could get eye shots on any intruder which would allow me to whoop ass without em seeing it coming. Lol

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
That's cool. Replicas i assume? They sturdy enough for combat?

Also, Blade wielded a ninjato. I know i'm being that guy right now. Pardon me, my nerd is showing. :D
Oh they are battle ready lol. Oh ok yeah its not your typical katana, and it has a small blade at the top that you can sneak out.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
That's my nightstand from a while back. I have pretty much one of everything at this point besides a high quality sword and brass knuckles.

I live in Canada, so I have to be careful about 'intent of use'. I store my machete right next to my gunsafe. Not in case I can't get the safe open in time, strictly because it fits there nicely, officer. It's just a cheapie but I've put such a good edge on it, it will cut 2x2's like they were cucumbers. Ive got an old bent baton kicking around. I recently bought an ASP street defender for walking the dog.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
We have a lot of prowlers and shit at night, so I keep a tippman custom 98 paintball marker ready with a pod of frozen paintballs in the freezer. The pod is in a little soft lunch cooler with some ice packs. I just set it by the marker at night and then throw it in the freezer in the morning.

Its all about a layered self defence plan. You probably couldn't get to the point of my having to pull a weapon. I recently installed a commercial steel door with steel frame on the back door. Re-did the header and framed it with steel joist brackets and 4.5" #12 screws. Put way more than I needed too. I doubt a medieval battering ram could bust it down.

Switched all the screws in the front door too and added a 16gauge angle piece ( inspired by the 'strikemaster 2') to the frame. Not as sturdy as the rear frame, but I'll bet the actual door fails first. By the time they get through either door they will be staring down my lil' slugger anyways! (I put it on the bipod to snap a pic, normally it has hand stops on it so I don't lose my thumb)

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
Dusters are prohib, so be careful.
Yeah, same as blowguns, constant companions, spiked wristbands, switchblades, push knives and a few other items that I would never admit to owning on a public forum. My brother had a genuine blowgun from Singapore my uncle brought back. Supposedly from headhunters. It sat in my parents living room for years until they found it its prohibited status. It was a beautiful carved dragon. I should ask him where it is.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yeah, same as blowguns, constant companions, spiked wristbands, switchblades, push knives and a few other items that I would never admit to owning on a public forum. My brother had a genuine blowgun from Singapore my uncle brought back. Supposedly from headhunters. It sat in my parents living room for years until they found it its prohibited status. It was a beautiful carved dragon. I should ask him where it is.
If you drill a hole in a blow gun, it's no longer a blow gun.

Pro Tip: If you drill the hole near the mouthpiece your hand may or may not cover up the hole if you were to attempt to use it.....

seekntruth

#keepladyhands
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
If no firearm is possible, I'd probably go with something like a Cold Steel Viking like below, but cut the handle down from 30" to about 24"

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
I was arguing with my ex in the back parking lot of Branley's nightclub years ago. There were 3 guys smoking a joint. She was screaming at me and they started in on me saying they would fuck me up if I touched her. I knew they were just puffing up and let it be. My drunk ex blew up and charged into them swinging. One of the guys two pieced her and dropped her. I pulled this short bat out of my truck and banged it off the back fence and told them if they took one step closer I'd swing. The first guy stepped, so I smacked him upside the head, one handed. Not enough to kill him. Should have swung harder in retrospect. I hit the second guy in the ribs and he caught it and held on. I ended up on the ground clutching the bat while the third guy smashed me in the face with the butt end.

I worked for the owner (Kildy Li) at catwalk so when the doormen saw they came running to help. They probably saved my life. My head doorman was there and he came out too. He asked what happened and my ex screamed out 'they hit Fonzie' (I had sideburns and rode a motorcycle). Aaron grabbed the first one he saw and basically gave him a rock bottom on asphalt. As soon as he got off him, I ran up and kicked a fucking field goal with his head. A swamper (barback) had the bat by then, so I grabbed it and got in the truck to leave. The ex was being an idiot and wanted to stay, so I ditched her ass and drove out to Edgar industrial park and hid the bat in the snow and went home. Went back a couple days later and grabbed it.

Good times!

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
LOL. All joking aside, I think you're statistically correct.

Cool lets settle that Aus v CND debate, we shall meet in Micronesia or whatever the halfway point was and Ill bring an AR15 you bring your brass knuckles.

It would be mighty sporting of you to show me how to use the AR15 first though

P

Punch

I was arguing with my ex in the back parking lot of Branley's nightclub years ago. There were 3 guys smoking a joint. She was screaming at me and they started in on me saying they would fuck me up if I touched her. I knew they were just puffing up and let it be. My drunk ex blew up and charged into them swinging. One of the guys two pieced her and dropped her. I pulled this short bat out of my truck and banged it off the back fence and told them if they took one step closer I'd swing. The first guy stepped, so I smacked him upside the head, one handed. Not enough to kill him. Should have swung harder in retrospect. I hit the second guy in the ribs and he caught it and held on. I ended up on the ground clutching the bat while the third guy smashed me in the face with the butt end.

I worked for the owner (Kildy Li) at catwalk so when the doormen saw they came running to help. They probably saved my life. My head doorman was there and he came out too. He asked what happened and my ex screamed out 'they hit Fonzie' (I had sideburns and rode a motorcycle). Aaron grabbed the first one he saw and basically gave him a rock bottom on asphalt. As soon as he got off him, I ran up and kicked a fucking field goal with his head. A swamper (barback) had the bat by then, so I grabbed it and got in the truck to leave. The ex was being an idiot and wanted to stay, so I ditched her ass and drove out to Edgar industrial park and hid the bat in the snow and went home. Went back a couple days later and grabbed it.

Good times!
This story demands an avatar suggestion:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Cool lets settle that Aus v CND debate, we shall meet in Micronesia or whatever the halfway point was and Ill bring an AR15 you bring your brass knuckles.

It would be mighty sporting of you to show me how to use the AR15 first though
Where are we going to get these items from?

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
Get a dog. Everyone wants to talk big like they could stab someone, and maybe they could in a fit of rage, but the next day after going through the police bullshit would break them. Coming home to dried blood and smear marks all over the place will haunt most for a long time. Dont believe me? The military is full of people that volunteered to go to battle and now have extreme ptsd because of things they did or saw. Stabbing someone is extremely personal.

Not to mention the stress on your wife and kids having to witness and deal with that mess while you are in jail sorting it all out.