Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
1920 is 115 proof. It'll warm you up.

The 1910 is good but really charred. Definitely barrel heavy as it's a double barreled whiskey and they char the finishing barrel for 50 seconds or something silly instead of the normal 22.

And I haven't had a sip since I got the George T. ... And now with being shut in and my proclivities towards depression the last thing I want to do is start sipping too often. I'm still buying... Just not drinking.
ooh I missed the 1910, haven’t tried that one either. Thanks for the review. The two 1890s ones are really good.

I hear ya buddy. I’ve been a stressed wreck all year so far with work. I’ve been really making an effort to keep my bourbon intake at a reasonable level. I can make it go away quick if I’m drinking to forget or escape the stress. I’ve been keeping it to 2 or 3 small glencairns and not going deep.

stay safe and healthy my friend, hope y’all are doing well with all of this. A lot of my work is around infrastructure so it’s deemed “essential”. But it’s been hard to be as productive and also homeschool a 6yo at the same time.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Worked my ass off in the woods all day.
Just poured a Buffalo Trace.

I earned this.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
There's a liquor store across town that has a few bottle of Blanton's in stock. Of course, why wouldn't they have it during all of this nonsense?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Right on. Grab one!

How much are they asking for a bottle? Stores here were WAY jacking up the prices on Blanton’s.
I've still got about half of my last bottle right now, and I've got a whole bunch of other bourbon to drink. I'm really tempted, but I'd rather not spend $70 on some booze that I really don't need right now. I'll have a little better idea of where we are on Monday, but with potentially both of us being out of work spending money on booze doesn't seem very responsible, lol.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I've still got about half of my last bottle right now, and I've got a whole bunch of other bourbon to drink. I'm really tempted, but I'd rather not spend $70 on some booze that I really don't need right now. I'll have a little better idea of where we are on Monday, but with potentially both of us being out of work spending money on booze doesn't seem very responsible, lol.
well, shit. Hope you both don’t lose your jobs.

Blanton’s is insane here now. I saw stores asking between $300-$500 this year. And idiots were buying them like crazy.

Wish you guys the best, and hope y’all weather this COVID storm ok.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
well, shit. Hope you both don’t lose your jobs.

Blanton’s is insane here now. I saw stores asking between $300-$500 this year. And idiots were buying them like crazy.

Wish you guys the best, and hope y’all weather this COVID storm ok.
Yeah, make no mistake, I'm okay right now. Wife is off, but being paid (which I expect to end on Tuesday) while I'm still working. In either case, we've got savings and we'll be okay unless this goes on for way, way longer than anyone is thinking it will. But with the possibility of having to go into our savings, buying bourbon doesn't seem very prudent. If I could ship it to the states I'd offer to buy it for you and send it down.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yeah, make no mistake, I'm okay right now. Wife is off, but being paid (which I expect to end on Tuesday) while I'm still working. In either case, we've got savings and we'll be okay unless this goes on for way, way longer than anyone is thinking it will. But with the possibility of having to go into our savings, buying bourbon doesn't seem very prudent. If I could ship it to the states I'd offer to buy it for you and send it down.
glad to hear you have some breathing room, that’s more than a lot of people can say right now. I wouldn’t be buying liquor either if I thought I’d be dipping into savings.

my job is secure so far. We work on lots of roadway, water/sewer utility, electric line, etc projects so they’re mostly deemed “essential”. But my wife is doing contract work for VRBO, so there’s a good chance that may end soon. We’ll be ok, but with the cost of living in Austin and having a young child in private school (that we’re still paying for but not attending :rolleyes:), we’re also watching our pennies through this. We could make it on my salary alone, but we’d need to tighten some things up around here. Thankfully my wife is very fiscally responsible and she can handle a lay off if it happens. And most likely she’d be able to find more work before it became an issue. Weird times.

wish you and the mrs the best, stay safe and healthy bud.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
glad to hear you have some breathing room, that’s more than a lot of people can say right now. I wouldn’t be buying liquor either if I thought I’d be dipping into savings.

my job is secure so far. We work on lots of roadway, water/sewer utility, electric line, etc projects so they’re mostly deemed “essential”. But my wife is doing contract work for VRBO, so there’s a good chance that may end soon. We’ll be ok, but with the cost of living in Austin and having a young child in private school (that we’re still paying for but not attending :rolleyes:), we’re also watching our pennies through this. We could make it on my salary alone, but we’d need to tighten some things up around here. Thankfully my wife is very fiscally responsible and she can handle a lay off if it happens. And most likely she’d be able to find more work before it became an issue. Weird times.

wish you and the mrs the best, stay safe and healthy bud.
Yeah, I mean, no little one in private school, but basically the same scenario. If she's off work, but I'm still working (auto mechanic so reasonably essential) we can sort it out, it'll just be tight. If we're both out of work, we can mostly get by on unemployment while occassionally have to go into the piggy bank. Now I seriously doubt a bottle of bourbon would be the difference between, keeping and losing the house, but in these fuckng crazy times I prefer to tighten the belt now and be able to let it out a little once we get a little more clarity. I hope you and your family are able to come out the other side of this in good shape. Weird times, indeed.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Husband came home with this yesterday. It’s a really good whisky.
Tried it, Broward?
It's not good. It's not bad. It's just obviously a young whiskey. Too expensive for the quality. I can name 20 whiskies that are better values at that price point.

I've had significantly worse whiskies, especially Irish ones since I'm generally not a fan, but I can't say that it's good either.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
It's not good. It's not bad. It's just obviously a young whiskey. Too expensive for the quality. I can name 20 whiskies that are better values at that price point.

I've had significantly worse whiskies, especially Irish ones since I'm generally not a fan, but I can't say that it's good either.
It was only $16. Tastes a bit caramel like. Got heartburn which I don't like but liking the swrrtness.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
It was only $16. Tastes a bit caramel like. Got heartburn which I don't like but liking the swrrtness.
Ok. If you got a 750 for $16 then that's acceptable. That's the proper (see what I did there?) price point for this whiskey.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

What are you paying for it?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Apparently Bruce Buffer is coming out with a bourbon called Puncher’s Chance.

Can’t find much info, so I’m not sure which distillery, but it sounds like he bought some legit juice out of Kentucky.

will be curious to see which shelf this bottle will sit on (i.e. the price point).