Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon

On your recommendation....

I’m only on my first glass now, but I dig it so far. Well balanced to my palate. I’m sure my opinion will evolve after another glass or two, but I already I know it’s one I’d drink/buy again.

Cheers!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
This is what the closest-to-home liquor store has. Not too bad on the pricing (USD). I’m going to have to try the others.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon

On your recommendation....

I’m only on my first glass now, but I dig it so far. Well balanced to my palate. I’m sure my opinion will evolve after another glass or two, but I already I know it’s one I’d drink/buy again.

Cheers!
I really enjoyed it, think I had 3 glasses the night I bought it. Think I might try an old fashion to enjoy after dinner.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
RYE?!?!?!

Appalling.
I’m pretty picky about rye. Willet’s Rye is outstanding. Especially if you can find the more aged bottles (6, 8, or 10). It’s kind of hard to find around here, but even the 4-year is really good. Most rye is a let down for me, but Willet nailed it. Has a lot of the cinnamon spice that wheated bourbons have. That’s the only rye I talk about, it’s the golden standard of rye to me.

I’ll happy try the two above....after I convince a friend to buy the bottle ;)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I’m pretty picky about rye. Willet’s Rye is outstanding. Especially if you can find the more aged bottles (6, 8, or 10). It’s kind of hard to find around here, but even the 4-year is really good. Most rye is a let down for me, but Willet nailed it. Has a lot of the cinnamon spice that wheated bourbons have. That’s the only rye I talk about, it’s the golden standard of rye to me.

Templeton Rye is king, IMAO.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

Have you tried the Michter's Barrel strength rye?

You need to.

Last edited:

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Templeton Rye is king, IMAO.
You know, I’m certain I’ve tried that one before but I honestly can’t remember what my opinion was. I want to say I’ve tried the 4-year, but not the 6. I need to give it another go... but if I’m being honest I don’t generally favor the whiskey that comes out of Indiana. a lot of them are blends, and I think Templeton got sued for some false-advertising or something on their labels.

Putting all of my snobbishness aside, I’m always open to drinking some whiskey. I haven’t seen Templeton around lately (could just be oversight) but I’d like to try the 6-year if that’s still a thing.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
I'm having a Hell of a time finding Blanton's up here. You're a lucky man.
You have splendid taste my man. It is very hard to find here in the mountains. The guy at the liquor store told me, he'll order a few cases and might get 2 bottles here and there. It's worth the price and wait though. Especially paired with a nice Robusto cigar.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
You have splendid taste my man. It is very hard to find here in the mountains. The guy at the liquor store told me, he'll order a few cases and might get 2 bottles here and there. It's worth the price and wait though. Especially paired with a nice Robusto cigar.
Same thing around here. Several years ago and earlier, every liquor store had shelf full of it. And nobody was buying it often because it was $65. Now, it’s next to impossible to find.

I’m sitting on a bottle from last year. I’m not going to pop it until I can get my hands on another bottle.

Damn good stuff.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Technically not a bourbon but I was given a bottle of this for building a learning tower for a friend.
Haven't sipped it straight up yet but on enjoying an ol fashioned.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Does a Canuck dollar buy roughly the same in Canada as the Yankee dollar does in the U.S.?

I understand things like gasoline are more expensive in Canada. I mean like groceries/clothing/coke/whores
Not for booze. They like to tax the shit out a that. At least here in AB. They call it a sin tax.

A decent 6 pack of bottled craft beer about $15-$17 a 24 box of premium beer (say Coors banquet) will be about $45 a bottle of liquor (say 750ml jack daniels) will be at least $36

From what I've gathered we are getting hung out to dry compared to state prices on alcohol

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Has anyone tried this 10-year? I like the regular bottle of Basil, but I haven’t tried the 10-year. Or their rye for that matter. Pretty curious and will likely but it soon. I chickened out on Friday because of the price (I was already buying two other bottles and a bottle of Botanist gin for my wife - so I had spent enough already lol). Curious to hear how any of you liked it, and if not I will let y’all know when I grab a bottle! Not sure if it’s new or not, but I don’t recall seeing the 10 before.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
PM me you address and I will send you a bottle. No bullshit
that is quite a gesture HVD...I appreciate the offer

bit wary of a doxxing...I am not exactly beloved by all here

I would certainly return the favor and send you something local
:cheers: