Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Wanted to revisit this. Please let me know if you can find Weller 12, Blanton's, and the Eagle.

I'd be happy to work a trade agreement out.
Weller has disappeared.

Let me check the inventory on the other two. Eagle is generally super easy.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Weller has disappeared.

Let me check the inventory on the other two. Eagle is generally super easy.
Cool thanks. I've got one spot that has a few bottles of Eagle left that I may go snag. They have two bottles of Blanton's too, but the lady is asking $120 per bottle. I think the price has gone up, but that's steep.

I have one uncorked bottle of Weller 12. I want to find more before I crack it!

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

First one is Eagle and second is Blanton's. Both the 750mls.

Eagle is $29.99 and Blanton's would be $59.99.

Let me know what you want.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

First one is Eagle and second is Blanton's. Both the 750mls.

Eagle is $29.99 and Blanton's would be $59.99.

Let me know what you want.
I'd love to get my hands on at least a couple bottles of Blanton's. I don't want to put you out too much though.

Let me check to see if the Eagle is gone locally.

Are there any bottles you are looking for or can't find? I have a couple of things in mind that you may not be able to get locally.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Anyone ever try the 1792 Sweet Wheat Bourbon?

I was notified that someone didn't claim it when they had the lottery to buy it so i have the option.

It's only 40 bucks so I'm going to pick it up just because.

Also, Weller 12 may get even harder to get your hands on. Stephen Colbert mentioned that he loved it on the Howard Stern show this week so now there's a chance that even more people will be chasing after it.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016

I was notified that someone didn't claim it when they had the lottery to buy it so i have the option.

It's only 40 bucks so I'm going to pick it up just because.

Also, Weller 12 may get even harder to get your hands on. Stephen Colbert mentioned that he loved it on the Howard Stern show this week so now there's a chance that even more people will be chasing after it.
I haven't ever tried that one...I think I've only had the standard 1792. I am a sucker for wheated bourbons though. I'm not sure I've ever even seen that bottle before. I'd definitely grab it for $40! Let me know how it is.

God damn it Colbert. Fuck you for advertising Weller 12!!

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Colbert mentioned that he loved it on the Howard Stern show this week so now there's a chance that even more people will be chasing after it.
As if I needed another reason to hate that fucker.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Did you end up grabbing this one? Curious to hear how you like it (or not). Reviews are decent, but mixed. I don’t put much stock in those though.

A buddy told me I should be able to find it around town, wondering if I should pick one up. I’m in the mood to buy a bottle today...not sure what I’m after yet.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Did you end up grabbing this one? Curious to hear how you like it (or not). Reviews are decent, but mixed. I don’t put much stock in those though.

A buddy told me I should be able to find it around town, wondering if I should pick one up. I’m in the mood to buy a bottle today...not sure what I’m after yet.
No. They have to ship it to my local store (within 21 days) and then I have 2 weeks to pick it up.

Also, this week has sucked so I haven't had a chance to get by a store yet. I'll snag some Blanton's for ya either today or tomorrow. Wednesday should have been a super short work day for me, 6ish hours, it ended up being 16. It's been silly.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
No. They have to ship it to my local store (within 21 days) and then I have 2 weeks to pick it up.

Also, this week has sucked so I haven't had a chance to get by a store yet. I'll snag some Blanton's for ya either today or tomorrow. Wednesday should have been a super short work day for me, 6ish hours, it ended up being 16. It's been silly.
Ah, gotcha.

No worries man, there’s no rush or pressure from my end. I really appreciate you going out of your way to grab me some bottles.

Work has had a way of invading my personal time lately too...I get to work all day tomorrow. Yaaaaaay :rolleyes:

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Any of you guys heard of this one or tried it?
SuperPig @willthiswork ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon
BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard

St. George Spirits :: Single Malt

We had a bottle at our whiskey club "meeting" last night. I had never heard of it before, but it is allegedly the "best American single malt". It was really tasty, unlike any other whiskey I've tried. Definitely worth a try if you have the opportunity. It's pricey, so the whiskey club meeting was the right setting for me (where several of us contributed). We killed the bottle easily. They have some other stuff in their lineup as well, I'll have to add those to my wish list.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
One of the guys in the group made a trip to Scotland last year, he brought this back.

We killed this one after the St. George went dry!

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

We had a bottle at our whiskey club "meeting" last night. I had never heard of it before, but it is allegedly the "best American single malt". It was really tasty, unlike any other whiskey I've tried. Definitely worth a try if you have the opportunity. It's pricey, so the whiskey club meeting was the right setting for me (where several of us contributed). We killed the bottle easily. They have some other stuff in their lineup as well, I'll have to add those to my wish list.

I will keep an eye for it. I'm not big on scotch so this looks like something I'd definitely enjoy

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm the same, not that big on scotch either. Bourbon is my thing. But this one was excellent.
Good to know. I'm always on the lookout for different whiskeys. Wayne Gretzky came out with his own brand of whiskey. It was okay and inexpensive but I probably wont pick up another bottle

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

This is a bourbon thread. GTFO with your single malt.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
This is a bourbon thread. GTFO with your single malt.
Jeesh, good thing I tagged you in Mr. Cranky.

It was delicious, so you I think it is you who should GTFO ;)

Like I said to Shats, I'm not much of a scotch guy. But this one was great. It had a sweetness and spice to it like I see in whetted bourbons and rye whiskeys. And honestly, if I hadn't been informed of what I was drinking and already read about it, I'm not sure I would've said it was a "single malt". As far as my limited single malt experience goes, this one was unique and quite good. Very friendly for a bourbon-er

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Jeesh, good thing I tagged you in Mr. Cranky.

It was delicious, so you I think it is you who should GTFO ;)
I was just giving you a hard time. I ended up with a bottle of Old Camp. A little sweet for my liking but God damnit it's easy to drink way too much of.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I was just giving you a hard time. I ended up with a bottle of Old Camp. A little sweet for my liking but God damnit it's easy to drink way too much of.
No worries man, I figured we were just busting balls...I was just giving you a hard time back.

I haven't tried Old Camp yet, in fact I'm not sure I've even seen it before. I'll have to see if we have that around here. Totally possible that we do and I've just overlooked it....there are so many whiskeys now.

When you said it's easy to drink too much, it reminded me of when that sweet tea vodka came out (people down here mix it with lemonade, like an Arnold palmer). It barely has any kick to it, mostly just tastes like sweet tea but is still like 30 or 35% alcohol. It was easy to over pour on your drinks and end up lit hah.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I haven't tried Old Camp yet, in fact I'm not sure I've even seen it before. I'll have to see if we have that around here. Totally possible that we do and I've just overlooked it....there are so many whiskeys now.
I like it with lots of ice, to take a away a little of the sweetness. Looks like this:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I was at the grocery getting the typical week's haul of milk, bread and eggs and spotted a dude delivering cases of liquor. He had a dolly, and at the bottom of the stack was a case of Weller . I followed that fucker through the store like a dog begging for some scrap food.

Score!

It's just the regular, but this has been hard to find lately. I tried to buy the whole case but she would only let me purchase one bottle. Haha.

My wife was driving by the store an hour later and I had her run in for another bottle but they were all gone. I guess word got out quick.

Last edited: