Can I start an awesome guitar thread?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
He's playing the bottom 6 as a regular guitar tuned to E. I recognize the chord progressions - well most of them. Can't tell what he has the top string tuned to. Like a low B or D or something.
This guy is awesome to watch. I think it is common for that 7th to be on B, but not for sure. This guy is super slick, I really enjoy the Samba tune.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh for fucks sake, when are they going to stop adding strings to guitars. What in the hell...I'm still trying to figure out 6 strings hah

Good stuff though, and this guy is damn good. I like the part around 3 min in, but the whole thing is solid (if you like classical guitar).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzP6mkPVzm0
Yeah but he's only using like 9 of the strings, bloody amateur

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I've wanted a 7 string Ibanez since Nu-metal was a thing, but also they're kind of stupid, so it's really just to satisfy a childish urge. I need to ask, the Steve Vai guitars I've seen have always seem really well crafted, BUT, how do you get past the handle?
You mean the grip? It's only a junior model. Had a play around with one in a guitar store the other day and it plays nicely so I'll give it a blast. I'll flog it on and buy another if it doesn't work out.