General Canadian Politics eh.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i aint even mad about the sea king. i would have done it too. that was back when they media was looking for anything to rag on the cpc for. remember the 14 dollar glass of orange juice

M

member 1013

i aint even mad about the sea king. i would have done it too. that was back when they media was looking for anything to rag on the cpc for. remember the 14 dollar glass of orange juice
If a glass of juice costs less than 11$ it’s complete shit

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Some threads age so well: Canadians? Who ya got?
Voting Liberal
i feel the liberals are the only choice. the ndp has a few good ideas but how are we going to pay for them?
These old fashioned folk are the ones who take pride in going out and exercising their right to vote. My biggest fear is that the young people who support a Liberal or NDP government are too politically apathetic and might not show up in necessary numbers to vote, and we all get stuck with Harper for many years to come.
Voting Liberal

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Some threads age so well: Canadians? Who ya got?
I've stated several times that my MP lied right to my face during the 2015 campaign. Not sure why you're pretending me or jason73 @jason73 haven't been forthcoming about what we did in that election or that we both admit we made a mistake. Oh, yeah because you're the kind person to comb 5 year old threads looking for "gotcha" moments.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Privacy watchdogs to probe Clearview AI's facial-recognition technology
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/clearview-ai-police-use-1.5471493
The federal privacy watchdog and three of his provincial counterparts will jointly investigate Canadian use of facial-recognition technology supplied by U.S. firm Clearview AI.

Privacy commissioner Daniel Therrien says he will be joined in the probe by ombudsmen from British Columbia, Alberta and Quebec.

The investigation follows media reports that raised concerns about whether the company is collecting and using personal information without consent.

Clearview AI's technology allows for the collection of huge numbers of images from various sources that can help police forces and financial institutions identify people.

Therrien's office says the four privacy regulators will examine whether the organization's practices comply with Canadian privacy laws.

It also says privacy regulators in every province and territory have agreed to develop guidance for organizations — including law enforcement — on the use of biometric technology, including facial recognition.

Several privacy watchdogs are launching a joint investigation into the creators of a controversial facial recognition technology. 2:42
In a statement, Tor Ekeland, attorney for the company said, "Clearview only accesses publicly available data from the public internet.

"It is strictly an after-the-fact investigative tool for law enforcement, and is used to solve crimes including murder, rape and child exploitation. We've received the letter and look forward to a productive dialogue with Canadian officials."

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard you might find this interesting
If memory serves the RCMP loses like 400 firearms per year. They take them home when they aren't supposed to, forget them places, all sorts of stupid shit that the peasants would be locked up for.

Furthermore, the RCMP firearms program doesn't actually track where crime guns come from, so when you hear "Many guns start out as being from licensed owners." that statement is literally nonsense. If I'm remember correctly, that claim comes from like one detachment in northern B.C. or some bullshit like that.