Society Car plows into antifa during white nationalist protest of statue being removed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Never mind animals throwing piss at him and one cretin brandishing an ar 15. Don’t worry about the facts.
Are those the facts?

Can you point to any reports that Fields came into contact with anyone brandishing an AR15?

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Are those the facts?

Can you point to any reports that Fields came into contact with anyone brandishing an AR15?
That’s not the narrative being pushed. If you actually gave a fuck about the truth you’d find the video yourself, as it stands you’re just a pawn.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
That’s not the narrative being pushed. If you actually gave a fuck about the truth you’d find the video yourself, as it stands you’re just a pawn.
Keep spewing your fake news and conspiracy theories.

All it would take was a simple Google search to prove me wrong.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
it doesn't really bother me when argumentative assholes kill each other. I would expect it to continue. so it shall be written, so it shall be done. that last quote was from an Iron Maiden song. they rule.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
The Mother Of The Protester Murdered At The "Unite The Right" Rally Confronted Her Daughter’s Killer In Court
The mother of the counterprotester killed last year at the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville confronted her daughter’s killer in court for the first time Monday.

“Her death was like an explosion in the world,” Susan Bro said of her daughter, Heather Heyer.

Bro also talked about the toll the tragedy had taken on her.

"I can't concentrate. I can't read books. Some days I can't do anything but cry or sit and stare," she said.

Bro read her victim impact statement at the sentencing of James Alex Fields Jr., the 21-year-old neo-Nazi convicted Friday of first-degree murder and other charges for killing Heyer and injuring dozens of others. Last August, Fields rammed his Dodge Challenger into a crowd of anti-racist protesters that included Heyer. In addition to first-degree murder, he was convicted Friday of five counts of aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of malicious wounding, and one count of a hit-and-run.

Fields will face up to life in prison when he is sentenced, likely Monday afternoon.

“I had a hard time finding photos of us because we were together so often," Bro said. "We took for granted we'd be together. Now, she's reduced to photos and videos from the past."

Bro spoke of her close relationship with her daughter, of not being able to hold down a job since her death, and of the suffering their family has endured.

"My family has been to therapy as the darkness has tried to swallow us whole," she said. "We are survivors, but we're much sadder survivors. Therapy only helps a little bit. My granddaughter used to Snapchat with Heather. Now she barely remembers her."

As she spoke, she had trouble seeing her statement through her tears.

Brian Snyder / Reuters
Three other victims addressed the jury before Bro.

Wednesday Bowie, who was injured in the attack, said her best friend no longer speaks with her because of his traumatic memories of the car attack. Her pelvis and vertebrae were fractured in multiple places as the neo-Nazi reversed from the crowd. But she said there had been some light in the darkness of the aftermath.

“I want to thank the survivors. You are the beautiful gift Mr. Fields gave to me in spite of himself,” she said.

Jeanne "Star" Peterson, whose legs and back were so severely broken by the attack that she now must use a wheelchair more often than not, spoke of "pain beyond what [she] can describe," adding that the time since the attack has been "a living nightmare."

"My son doesn't want to go out in public with me because he's scared," she said. "He asks me, 'What if there's another bad guy?' I can't answer why someone would do this on purpose."

The trial itself included gruesome testimony from victims of the car attack as they described not only their injuries but the permanent effects the attack had on them. The photo most synonymous with the events of "Unite the Right," which went on to win the Pulitzer Prize, shows several of the people Fields hit in midair.

Ryan M. Kelly / AP
The neo-Nazi had driven overnight from Ohio to Charlottesville on Aug. 12, 2017, for the "Unite the Right" rally, which was convened as both a protest against the removal of a local statue of Robert E. Lee and a meet-and-greet for the country’s most prominent white nationalists. The night Fields arrived, hundreds of white supremacists carrying tiki torches marched on the University of Virginia.

Bro has taken up the mantle of her daughter’s anti-racist activism since her death, appearing at the 2017 Video Music Awards and establishing the Heather Heyer Foundation. Bro’s eulogy for Heyer became a rallying cry that’s still inscribed on her daughter’s memorial to this day.

"Heather was full of love, full of justice, and full of fairness. Mr. Fields tried to silence her, but I refuse to allow that. I'm the type of mom where if you mess with my kid on the playground, it's on," Bro said. "I stood up in her place. I talk to everyone who will listen about her and about hate."

But, she added, "I'd trade every bit of it just to hold my daughter again."

"I don't hate Mr. Fields," she said. "I'm leaving him in the hands of justice."

Victims spoke of relief after his conviction. Several of them marched to the place where Heyer died and to the contested statue the night the verdict was delivered.

ADVERTISEMENT
“This is the best I’ve felt in a year and a half,” Bowie said Friday.

Peterson spoke of continuing the fight against racism in honor of Heyer.

"The fascists will never stop us," she said. "We will fight in Heather's memory until the day we die."

Heyer’s death has made her a mononymous emblem of anti-racist resistance in Charlottesville, and posters of her name beneath a heart dot the city.

Organizers of "Unite the Right" planned for the event to be the highest-profile moment yet for their burgeoning movement. But Fields' attack had the opposite effect. It punctured their momentum and energized the opposition, leading to public embarrassments, social media bans, and the jailing of many alt-righters. No prominent white nationalist leaders attended Fields’ trial.

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
Because it doesn't exist. Feel free to prove me wrong.
Google Image Result for https://cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif

“Jurors have heard testimony from a member of a left-wing defense group who claims he scared away a white nationalist who later drove his car into a crowd of counterprotesters.

Dwayne Dixon was called Thursday by defense lawyers for James Alex Fields Jr. Fields is charged with first-degree murder and other counts for driving his gray Dodge Challenger into counterprotesters during a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville on Aug. 12, 2017.

One woman was killed and dozens more were injured.

Dixon is a teaching assistant professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He said he's also a member of Redneck Revolt and was armed with an AR-15 and providing security for counterprotesters.

Dixon said he saw a gray "muscle car" drive by several times. He said he yelled "Get the (expletive) out of here" at the car while wearing his gun slung over his shoulder. He testified that he could not see the driver because the car had tinted windows.

Dixon said he believes that was about 30 minutes to an hour before Fields slammed into the group with his car.

Dixon has claimed previously that he used his gun to scare off a man he believes was Fields. During his testimony, he said he could not see the driver because the car had tinted windows.”

Final defense witness located after brief confusion in Fields trial

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Google Image Result for https://cdn.ricochet.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif

“Jurors have heard testimony from a member of a left-wing defense group who claims he scared away a white nationalist who later drove his car into a crowd of counterprotesters.

Dwayne Dixon was called Thursday by defense lawyers for James Alex Fields Jr. Fields is charged with first-degree murder and other counts for driving his gray Dodge Challenger into counterprotesters during a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville on Aug. 12, 2017.

One woman was killed and dozens more were injured.

Dixon is a teaching assistant professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He said he's also a member of Redneck Revolt and was armed with an AR-15 and providing security for counterprotesters.

Dixon said he saw a gray "muscle car" drive by several times. He said he yelled "Get the (expletive) out of here" at the car while wearing his gun slung over his shoulder. He testified that he could not see the driver because the car had tinted windows.

Dixon said he believes that was about 30 minutes to an hour before Fields slammed into the group with his car.

Dixon has claimed previously that he used his gun to scare off a man he believes was Fields. During his testimony, he said he could not see the driver because the car had tinted windows.”

Final defense witness located after brief confusion in Fields trial

so hours before he run over the crowd he got told to fuck off and he still came back hours later to run over the crowd and this is somehow evidence for him being threatened and needing to run over a crowd of people?

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
so hours before he run over the crowd he got told to fuck off and he still came back hours later to run over the crowd and this is somehow evidence for him being threatened and needing to run over a crowd of people?
Are you purposely trying to misconstrue what I am saying? Nowhere did I attempt to defend to guy’s actions.

This is what I replied to.

Are those the facts?

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
“about 30 minutes to an hour before Fields slammed into the group with his car”

so hours before he run over the crowd he got told to fuck off and he still came back hours later to run over the crowd
This is called “trimming the pieces to make them fit”.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
half of something isn't multiple somethings

DiSmAnTLeR

Apr 5, 2016
“And I waved him off with my rifle”

Dwayne Dixon

bran·dish
/ˈbrandiSH/
verb
  1. wave or flourish (something, especially a weapon) as a threat or in anger or excitement.
    synonyms: flourish, wave, shake, wield

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Since when was having a legal gun slung over your shoulder considered brandishing a gun at someone?

That is an excellent point. Brandishing would be if he was Waving it around, not carrying it slung across his back
Let’s hear what Dwayne Dixon himself has to say about whether he was carrying his Military pattern firearm on his shoulder or brandishing it in his hands.

View: https://youtu.be/Hz9mKPiDrv4
Seems to be a discrepancy between his testimony and what he is bragging about in the video. Only one was under oath, I wonder which would be more accurate?