Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think today will be homemade sauce and meatball day. I'll probably start the sauce about lunch time, and may even form the meatballs then to cook after work.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Time to start making some sauce. Unfortunately I've used the rest of our fresh garlic so I need to use some dried garlic, it'll work fine. Also we had some garden grown bell peppers in the freezer that were vac sealed and frozen after being picked, those will go great with the sauce. I also chopped up a fresh onion. First we sauté the onion, then add the peppers and garlic. Then I'll add 2 cans of whole peeled tomatoes, a can of tomato paste and some more seasoning. I'll turn the temp down and let it simmer for 6ish hours. I'll start the meatballs after. Not sure if I'll do a 1:1 blend of beef and pork or venison and pork.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'll add some olive oil to the Dutch over, then onions and some salt and pepper. Peppers and garlic will be added once the onions cook down a bit

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Time to start making some sauce. Unfortunately I've used the rest of our fresh garlic so I need to use some dried garlic, it'll work fine. Also we had some garden grown bell peppers in the freezer that were vac sealed and frozen after being picked, those will go great with the sauce. I also chopped up a fresh onion. First we sauté the onion, then add the peppers and garlic. Then I'll add 2 cans of whole peeled tomatoes, a can of tomato paste and some more seasoning. I'll turn the temp down and let it simmer for 6ish hours. I'll start the meatballs after. Not sure if I'll do a 1:1 blend of beef and pork or venison and pork.

If your putting pork in the meatballs, be sure that no women eat them. It makes them fat.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The onions are starting to become translucent, so I'll add the peppers and garlic, I'll also turn the heat down from med/high to med.
This is when the house really starts to smell good. The home grown peppers are much more fragrant while cooking compared to store bought bell peppers. Much better taste too.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
not really a fair competition because she used to cater and is an unbelievable baker and chef

but my lady making superior bread over here with the starter, y'all would be jealous

sandwich bread yesterday and today she is making artisan bread(fancy recipe)

also made some kick ass Runzas kinda like splintyz Kolache recipe

still trying to figure out posting the pics she sends me

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Once the onions/peppers/garlic have saluted and cooked down a bit ill add in the rest of the ingredients. I'll then use the wooden spoon to mash the tomatoes a little so they are whole and will cook down in chunks.
I'll get it to a light simmer, and then cover. Stirring on occasion.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Mrs. Dude and I have decided in pork and venison meatballs. Yasssss. Meat is defrosting now.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looks good guys.

I just pulled a corned beef brisket out of the freezer. Gonna cook it in the crock pot tomorrow with some cabbage.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My favorite is when we use three meats (pork, beef and lamb) for meat balls. I must find venison to add to the mix lol
Go out into the woods. We find ours there or on the edges of rice and soybean fields.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looks good guys.

I just pulled a corned beef brisket out of the freezer. Gonna cook it in the crock pot tomorrow with some cabbage.
Fuck yea. I've always wanted to smoke one of those for some gangster ass pastrami. Maybe I'll go to the store and see if I can find just a point.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fuck yea. I've always wanted to smoke one of those for some gangster ass pastrami. Maybe I'll go to the store and see if I can find just a point.
I've never smoked one either, but always thought about it. I definitely prefer the points as well. Even with a fresh brisket, I try to stay away from the flat... to much aggravation for me lol.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've never smoked one either, but always thought about it. I definitely prefer the points as well. Even with a fresh brisket, I try to stay away from the flat... to much aggravation for me lol.
I typically do a full packer brisket when I do one, they come out the best that way imo....but that would be a fuck ton of pastrami.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If husband goes out today he's buying a dozen oranges and rum for me to make boozy marmalade. Kitchen's going to smell amazing.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Why's everyone being so fucken nice in here? Everyone knows the wok is how u cook a steak, dipshits
I respectfully disagree, sir. I'm of the opinion that boiling is the best way, but I may wrong after I attempt smoking and searing this weekend

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I respectfully disagree, sir. I'm of the opinion that boiling is the best way, but I may wrong after I attempt smoking and searing this weekend
Sir, and I say this with the utmost respect, you're going to be blown away, hopefully.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
OK, I have 30 min left of work and it's Friday, so time to make meatballs!
1 lb ground pork. 1 lb ground venison. 1 egg. Breadcrumbs. Spices/herbs. And yes that is freshly grated parm, not the pre grated ghetto shit.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Looks good guys.

Something about slow and low Crockpot/Dutch oven cooking that's a cheer up right now.

I have a leg of lamb I'll roast tomorrow. I'll knock up a mint gravy and some roast potatoes with some kale.