Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
10 lbs of king arthur all purpose flour coming in hot today, took the starter out of the fridge today and my bread flour comes in tomorrow.....time to make bagels

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
10 lbs of king arthur all purpose flour coming in hot today, took the starter out of the fridge today and my bread flour comes in tomorrow.....time to make bagels
Did I tell you I lived in a bagel shop?

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Do you kill them first or do you toss em in alive?
I buy them frozen. I think they're already cooked, so pretty pointless to get fancy with them, probably.

When I lived in Hong Kong we would buy the food alive. My mum would put crabs in the saucepan with warm water and slowly turn it up. She said they went to sleep first and then died. Pretty sure she's just prolonging their torture.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I buy them frozen. I think they're already cooked, so pretty pointless to get fancy with them, probably.

When I lived in Hong Kong we would buy the food alive. My mum would put crabs in the saucepan with warm water and slowly turn it up. She said they went to sleep first and then died. Pretty sure she's just prolonging their torture.
That's interesting, we always get fresh live lobsters when we get em from the store. My dad free dives for them when he's down in Aruba. I toss those sons of bitches in the water already boiling, they always talk shit so they deserve it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
My mum would put crabs in the saucepan with warm water and slowly turn it up. She said they went to sleep first and then died. Pretty sure she's just prolonging their torture.

Lol
Look up recipes for barbecue blue crab. you put them on ice and then you just rip their shells open.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

She also told you about Santa and the Easter bunny, mateface.

I haven't actually popped them into water but I've bought live lobsters, put them in the freezer for an hour then husband has put them straight into boiling water. Kindest way to do it apparently, they get sleepy in the freezer then before they know it they're buggered.

Typing that out made me feel guilty.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Watching a show on Hulu called Bong Appetit on Hulu, if there are any stoners in this thread. Cooking with weed.It's good.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
She also told you about Santa and the Easter bunny, mateface.

I haven't actually popped them into water but I've bought live lobsters, put them in the freezer for an hour then husband has put them straight into boiling water. Kindest way to do it apparently, they get sleepy in the freezer then before they know it they're buggered.

Typing that out made me feel guilty.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
You get 2 extra marks for spelling omelette correctly and the fancy pants slice of decorative tomato.
I honestly didn’t know there was on other way to spell omelette.

I diced half the the tomato for the omelette and sliced the other half so we could all make a toasted bacon tomato sandwich.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I honestly didn’t know there was on other way to spell omelette.

I diced half the the tomato for the omelette and sliced the other half so we could all make a toasted bacon tomato sandwich.
Most Americans spell it omlete. I'm probably fucking up the spelling fuck up haha.