Lifestyle Chinese Flu Virus Quarantine Cooking Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
I churched it up with some shredded colby and sour cream. It’s got a good kick but I couple easily ramp that up in later batches. I tried to hog 2 bowls but I got TKO’d halfway through the 2nd.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I churched it up with some shredded colby and sour cream. It’s got a good kick but I couple easily ramp that up in later batches. I tried to hog 2 bowls but I got TKO’d halfway through the 2nd.

Looks great

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

IMGUR API shitting the bed and flipping photos because it can't figure out phone direction. Sorry bros. Update coming. Have to rewrite the add-on for completely new software version.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I'm not sure why that typed raw. I meant plain....ughh, not getting that weird on you guys yet.
Chunk light in water
Starkist

Opened up to make some tuna salad and never got that far.
Not even Wild Coast? Come on, Doc. Think of the ocean's.

We just made a potato rosti...Ours is simple

Peel and boil potatoes
Take out and let them cool
Grate potatoes and grate some red onion and 3 types of cheese
Add cheese and red onion to a baking dish and keep some to add to the top

Bake on 170 for 40 mins

Then we stuffed 2 chickens with sage and onion
Shredded a cabbage and add butter and ground pepper
Carrot and turnip
Broccoli and cauliflower
Roast potatoes

Gravy

VOILA

I'll add pics when it's done.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not sure why that typed raw. I meant plain....ughh, not getting that weird on you guys yet.
Chunk light in water
Starkist

Opened up to make some tuna salad and never got that far.
Gotta mix the tuna with ramen, drained of course, we aren't savages.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
As a general rule, tuna is almost never sustainably fished. A couple years ago Greepeace made a list of who was and wasn't sustainable. Now, Greenpeace can go fuck themselves, but they did have 2 companies that even by their standards "passed"

Top 20 Tuna Brands Ranked
Roger.

Looks like #3 whole foods brand is the sweet spot for cost and sustainability??? two dollars a can.

#1 is 6 bucks a can. #2 is 4 bucks a can...although that American brand is calling my name.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Roger.

Looks like #3 whole foods brand is the sweet spot for cost and sustainability??? two dollars a can.

#1 is 6 bucks a can. #2 is 4 bucks a can...although that American brand is calling my name.
6 bucks a can? Fuck, that's steep. Personally, I buy the most sustainable one that I can afford/find. We get different brands up here, in my case the #1 on the list is I think less than $3.50 a can, and the cheapest is about $2. I can afford the extra and my local Walmart carries it, so that's what I buy. But I see now that one of the other less expensive brands has creeped up to #4 so I might investigate that next time around.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
IMGUR API shitting the bed and flipping photos because it can't figure out phone direction. Sorry bros. Update coming. Have to rewrite the add-on for completely new software version.
I cropped it to be symmetrical for that reason. #Nextlevel

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
actually if #4 has a blessing, that is the cheapest that I can also easily get shipped regularly. Available at more retailers and can get a 3 pack for a little over 5 USD

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
6 bucks a can? Fuck, that's steep. Personally, I buy the most sustainable one that I can afford/find. We get different brands up here, in my case the #1 on the list is I think less than $3.50 a can, and the cheapest is about $2. I can afford the extra and my local Walmart carries it, so that's what I buy. But I see now that one of the other less expensive brands has creeped up to #4 so I might investigate that next time around.
yeah see here...
actually if #4 has a blessing, that is the cheapest that I can also easily get shipped regularly. Available at more retailers and can get a 3 pack for a little over 5 USD

The big brands are about 0.75USD so jumping up to 4-6 bucks is a hard ask when I'm going to have to ship it, since its not available locally.
But that wholefoods and ocean naturals brand are available at amazon and walmart.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
yeah see here...

The big brands are about 0.75USD so jumping up to 4-6 bucks is a hard ask when I'm going to have to ship it, since its not available locally.
But that wholefoods and ocean naturals brand are available at amazon and walmart.
Nice to know I'm not the only person who votes with his wallet.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nice to know I'm not the only person who votes with his wallet.
Everything is out of stock right now because everyone is panic buying. but I appreciate the information. When it's all back in we will stock our cabinet with one of those two brands. It keeps so long so it's easy for me to just order a bunch offline and have the cabinet stocked since I can't guarantee it will always be available local

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Everything is out of stock right now because everyone is panic buying. but I appreciate the information. When it's all back in we will stock our cabinet with one of those two brands. It keeps so long so it's easy for me to just order a bunch offline and have the cabinet stocked since I can't guarantee it will always be available local
(Not that) Funny story, I cleared out the local Walmart of the good brand here a week before hoarding started around these parts. I bought it all because I don't eat meat on Friday's during Lent, and I love tuna sandwiches, lol.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just stirred up some catfish chum for fishing in Friday. Should help us fill the freezer.