Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Futures getting hammered again.
Looks to be another blood bath today.

Time to send in some more cash and load up on some deals.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Futures getting hammered again.
Looks to be another blood bath today.

Time to send in some more cash and load up on some deals.
This looks bad.
Now they are talking about trying to extend benefits and keep people home until January? Holeee Shit.

Le Chat Noir
©

Simpleman

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Fund question- What about selling Funds as the market was tanking in Feb but then bought for less in April. Mathematically, I cant see how this isnt a great deal. Some analysts say you wont see the same benefits if I would have stayed in. Using a $100 example. Fund is $100 on Feb 1. Sell on Feb 15 for 80. Fund bottoms out in March for $60. Buy in April for 65-70. Market turns around and hits $100 again. I now own more shares of the fund at a lower price. How is this not a good idea? Fwiw, older Invested money was moved to something much safer but new money was used to buy same fund as it was tanking and going back up.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
This looks bad.
Now they are talking about trying to extend benefits and keep people home until January? Holeee Shit.

Le Chat Noir
©
They need to cancel the benefits, not extend them.

I had a worker quit. He filed for unemployment. I disputed it. He got it anyway - which I will appeal because fuck him.

His take if my appeal fails : $480 / week standard unemployment rate plus an additional $600 / week from the CARES act.

$1080 / week for QUITING HIS JOB.

I'm looking to hire 6 different positions. Over the last 2 weeks I've scheduled 14 interviews. 10 were no shows. Of the 4 that showed, 3 were offered jobs. 1 showed up.

This is the problem with allowing the Democrats to dictate stimulus. They want to keep the people sucking on that government tit, and right now that's exactly what they've accomplished.

And they want to extend this bullshit? Fuck that.

In order for America to get back to work - there has to be an incentive for people to get back to work. If I have to increase my rates 50% to get people off their fucking couch, it all rolls downhill. I'm passing that shit on to the end user.

Inflation 101. Something the libs can never quite get their fucking minds around.

Idiots.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
What are you using? My funds show within 5 min of adding them.
Etrade.
I haven't set up direct transfers. I just send money over like I'm paying a bill.

It always posts the next morning. I wouldn't be buying today anyway.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
They need to cancel the benefits, not extend them.

I had a worker quit. He filed for unemployment. I disputed it. He got it anyway - which I will appeal because fuck him.

His take if my appeal fails : $480 / week standard unemployment rate plus an additional $600 / week from the CARES act.

$1080 / week for QUITING HIS JOB.

I'm looking to hire 6 different positions. Over the last 2 weeks I've scheduled 14 interviews. 10 were no shows. Of the 4 that showed, 3 were offered jobs. 1 showed up.

This is the problem with allowing the Democrats to dictate stimulus. They want to keep the people sucking on that government tit, and right now that's exactly what they've accomplished.

And they want to extend this bullshit? Fuck that.

In order for America to get back to work - there has to be an incentive for people to get back to work. If I have to increase my rates 50% to get people off their fucking couch, it all rolls downhill. I'm passing that shit on to the end user.

Inflation 101. Something the libs can never quite get their fucking minds around.

Idiots.
Exactly. This post needs it's own thread so I we can see what excuses the Dems would offer.

Le Chat Noir
©

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Imagine you were explaining this to a 5 year old on the spectrum. How would you explain this to them?
It's an ETF that shorts the market for you without the inherent risk of running a short yourself.
Below is what my current list did, while most of the rest of the market went to shit.
There are risks with inverse index etfs, I'm still studying on those for sectors.
shorts.jpg
Le Chat Noir
©

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
It's an ETF that shorts the market for you without the inherent risk of running a short yourself.
Below is what my current list did, while most of the rest of the market went to shit.
There are risks with inverse index etfs, I'm still studying on those for sectors.
View attachment 7061
Le Chat Noir
©
Ok, maybe a 5 year old on the spectrum is more advanced than me.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
Ok, maybe a 5 year old on the spectrum is more advanced than me.
Here is how shorting works, so you can see just how risky it can be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1LctxzEREE

Now with an inverse ETF the manager of the fund shorts for you so you avoid the worst of the risk.
You can sell it any time you think it's run it's course.
Where as if you called a short wrong, you could be royally screwed as the price kept rising until you could get rid of it.

Le Chat Noir
©

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

Here is how shorting works, so you can see just how risky it can be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1LctxzEREE

Now with an inverse ETF the manager of the fund shorts for you so you avoid the worst of the risk.
You can sell it any time you think it's run it's course.
Where as if you called a short wrong, you could be royally screwed as the price kept rising until you could get rid of it.

Le Chat Noir
©
There was a guy a few years back who shorted a pharma stock and it shot up 800% overnight.

When he looked at his account, he owed $130k.

Brutal.

If you are long, the only amount you can lose is what you put in.

If you are short, there is no limit to what you can lose.

I'd like to see shorting outlawed to be honest.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
There was a guy a few years back who shorted a pharma stock and it shot up 800% overnight.

Brutal.

If you are long, the only amount you can lose is what you put in.

If you are short, there is no limit to what you can lose.

I'd like to see shorting outlawed to be honest.
I want nothing to do with that.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Looking at futures, people are buying at these levels. Looks like we might close on a good note.

I dropped 8% yesterday. Hope to get half that back today.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Looking at futures, people are buying at these levels. Looks like we might close on a good note.

I dropped 8% yesterday. Hope to get half that back today.
I'm still up across the board for the most part, but man did it hurt watch all the money fly away over the past few days.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm still up across the board for the most part, but man did it hurt watch all the money fly away over the past few days.
Oh I'm still way up since this whole thing started, but the last 2 days were painful.

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
I want nothing to do with that.
I agree, I would never run a short myself. However in the form of an ETF, I have a few times and made a few percent.
The way I look at it is if the economy is tanking and everything goes to shit, as oil did for a while, I'm still going to make money.

Le Chat Noir
©

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Best way to do that is with borrowed money on credit even to begin with. . .

Le Chat Noir

Le Chat Noir ©
Jan 28, 2020
A nice start to the week.

I'm looking forward to see what RPX does with all the hype.

Le Chat Noir
©