General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't disagree...I just know them lil buggers spread shit like wildfire and gramma and grandpa often do the picking up

cat is out of the bag though...and some kids get two meals at school that they may not get at home, plus daycare etc...

tricky situation no doubt
My concern is depleting hospital, medical, and first responder staff numbers because they're at home taking care of their kids.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I have 70% isopropyl alcohol in liquid form. I want to make a homemade hand sanitizer gel.
As above.
70% alcohol and you want to keep the final product at 60% to be effective.
Time for some stoichiometry!!!

Not really, just basic cooking.

100ml of 70% (70ml isopropyl) + 16ml of aloe = 116ml of product that contains 70ml of alcohol = 60.3% alcohol.

This is significantly less aloe than I'm seeing in online recipes. Feels like it'll be runny. Try it out. Less than this is not considered a good cleaner.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Here's an example online recipe I wouldn't use:
2:1 ratio
66ml 70% and 33ml aloe vera = 46.2% hand sanitizer

Feel free to double check my math. I'm drinking wine and typing lol

I think that's from people having 99% and then just assuming they can sub.

So if the above product is really runny, I would just put it in a mister container (
) or make wipes out of it.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here's an example online recipe I wouldn't use:
2:1 ratio
66ml 70% and 33ml aloe vera = 46.2% hand sanitizer

Feel free to double check my math. I'm drinking wine and typing lol

I think that's from people having 99% and then just assuming they can sub.

So if the above product is really runny, I would just put it in a mister container (
) or make wipes out of it.
Can I just put iso alcohol in a spray bottle and spray my body down with that.
I hope so, because I bought a case of it last month unrelated to the Corona virus.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Can I just put iso alcohol in a spray bottle and spray my body down with that.
I hope so, because I bought a case of it last month unrelated to the Corona virus.
Yes, if it is 70%. 99% will work on this too, but it might do something weird in creating bacterial spores in your AO.
Also, you might end up with some dry skin and wicked dermatitis. But you'd be virus free I bet.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Jesus.

Splinty @Splinty - in all seriousness. Would you self quarantine if you were me?
I wouldn't.

Wash hands constantly, keep hands away from face, no midnight necking sessions with the wife and don't be sniffin your kids like Biden.

Just act like you are contagious and be careful. As long as you aren't coughing and sneezing all over the place, your fam and others around you should be fine.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor and I don't have a yacht.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yes, if it is 70%. 99% will work on this too, but it might do something weird in creating bacterial spores in your AO.
Also, you might end up with some dry skin and wicked dermatitis. But you'd be virus free I bet.
AO? Asshole opening?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wouldn't.

Wash hands constantly, keep hands away from face, no midnight necking sessions with the wife and don't be sniffin your kids like Biden.

Just act like you are contagious and be careful. As long as you aren't coughing and sneezing all over the place, your fam and others around you should be fine.

Splinty @Splinty - this ^ or quarantine away from everyone?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wouldn't.

In my math to him on his situation on my opinion...

30k people from all the world. They def had some corona virus. He probably doesn't have it still. However...

It's Thursday on spring break. He can literally stay home for four days and only miss a single day to make 5. He's a sales guy anyways. And just got done slangin' it for his company out of town. His harm is minimal.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Low on milk?
Eggs. Decided to go tonight because itll be twice as bad, tomorrow after everybody watches the evening news. Also major snow storm blowing in tomorrow.

It's crazy here, so many empty shelves. Shit did somebody just coug.......

M

member 3289

As above.
70% alcohol and you want to keep the final product at 60% to be effective.
Time for some stoichiometry!!!

Not really, just basic cooking.

100ml of 70% (70ml isopropyl) + 16ml of aloe = 116ml of product that contains 70ml of alcohol = 60.3% alcohol.

This is significantly less aloe than I'm seeing in online recipes. Feels like it'll be runny. Try it out. Less than this is not considered a good cleaner.
Can't find alone vera. Is there a second option? Lubricant maybe?