General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Front row seats. It's adorable to still be watching people bicker irrelevant points about it a year later.
What's irrelevant about it. Masks work.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Haha

Was just eating dinner at a restaurant

The behavior of people regarding masks was quite entertaining to observe

Fascinating experiment going on out there right now

I had a really good time

Sushi

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Haha

Was just eating dinner at a restaurant

The behavior of people regarding masks was quite entertaining to observe

Fascinating experiment going on out there right now

I had a really good time

Sushi
Finally was able to dine in this week after almost a year of not being able to. Felt so good but strange at the same time...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
What's irrelevant about it. Masks work.

100% they do. When people do what they're supposed to. Unfortunately people are people.

We're under a stay at home order here and have had mandatory mask laws for the last 9 months. Today we set our record for single day new cases and patients in ICU. We're also creeping up on a 10% positivity rate. Masks work about as well as gun control.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Finally was able to dine in this week after almost a year of not being able to. Felt so good but strange at the same time...

Yep
Highly entertaining

Was actually refreshing to see the lack of fucks given by both staff and patron
Some folks were put off at the lack of fucks but most were quite happy to take off masks as soon as they sat down, most walked out without masks

Business owner was going above and beyond to accommodate all and save his business and bottom line...never know when the governor will close down indoor dining again here

I tipped 30% and thanked waitress and owner for their hospitality
We've just been told that outdoor dining is too dangerous. Restaurants are take out only now.
Bummer to hear
How long since indoor dining there?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
5 days I think. They went from orange to red, then from red to full stay at home. Red still had indoor and outdoor dining. Stay at home is a joke.
Is this the first time going into orange and red for your area?

Ya ,stay at home is ridiculous regardless of what is going on IMO.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Is this the first time going into orange and red for your area?

Ya ,stay at home is ridiculous regardless of what is going on IMO.
We were orange for most of the last year. Orange is basically business as usual with reduced capacities. Red reduces capacities further. Grey removes indoor dining and indoor gyms. Stay at home is closed everything, and this time around essential businesses can't sell non essential goods and their non-essential list is hilarious. Ie, We have a mandatory mask law, but masks aren't on the essential goods list. Schools are open, but school supplies are non-essential.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
We were orange for most of the last year. Orange is basically business as usual with reduced capacities. Red reduces capacities further. Grey removes indoor dining and indoor gyms. Stay at home is closed everything, and this time around essential businesses can't sell non essential goods and their non-essential list is hilarious. Ie, We have a mandatory mask law, but masks aren't on the essential goods list. Schools are open, but school supplies are non-essential.
Oh geez
Sounds about right

I'm about a year from moving to a free state if this nonsense keeps up

I don't think some of these dudes living in free states realize how great they have it compared to some of us locked down and restricted plebeians

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Oh geez
Sounds about right

I'm about a year from moving to a free state if this nonsense keeps up

I don't think some of these dudes living in free states realize how great they have it compared to some of us locked down and restricted plebeians
I've been trying to get my wife to move to Texas for about 4 years. The other day she was all "Uhh, did you see this baseball stadium in Texas?" That could be us, dear. That could be us.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've posted about this before. To give you an idea of just how much expense and abuse there is in the hospital systems in the United States. If you needed a knee replacement right now there is a company that will fly you and a US based US trained orthopedic surgeon to Cancun Mexico. There you will enjoy a luxury preoperative. And then undergo the same surgery with the same implant that you would have in the United States. You would then recover in the Mexican hospital. The doctor will be paid three times as much for that surgery as if they perform it in the United States. Afterwards they will fly you and the physician home.
Oh and to top it all off, they will cut you a check for $5,000.

So what's the delta on nflated prices for medical supply and hospital charges?
Whatever paying a doctor three times as much to work plus $5,000 plus airline expenses for both. And that's just one surgery.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I've posted about this before. To give you an idea of just how much expense and abuse there is in the hospital systems in the United States. If you needed a knee replacement right now there is a company that will fly you and a US based US trained orthopedic surgeon to Cancun Mexico. There you will enjoy a luxury preoperative. And then undergo the same surgery with the same implant that you would have in the United States. You would then recover in the Mexican hospital. The doctor will be paid three times as much for that surgery as if they perform it in the United States. Afterwards they will fly you and the physician home.
Oh and to top it all off, they will cut you a check for $5,000.

So what's the delta on nflated prices for medical supply and hospital charges?
Whatever paying a doctor three times as much to work plus $5,000 plus airline expenses for both. And that's just one surgery.
They cut the patient a $5000 check?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I've been trying to get my wife to move to Texas for about 4 years. The other day she was all "Uhh, did you see this baseball stadium in Texas?" That could be us, dear. That could be us.
Awesome

Mine is ready to roll out...we can't stand this stuff...problem is we both have built up word of mouth clientele and cut off all the problem customers so our businesses are nearly stress free customer wise ...so a move for us would be a temp retirement until we re-establish connections and clients, our property is skyrocketing right now though so trying to time that

Texas is on our list along with Montana, Idaho, and a bunch more...even florida seems interesting, even if you factor cody and hug

Hopefully things get "normal" again soon for you and for my area, that would be nice

Last edited: