General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Meanwhile in Israel:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
The Washington state governor is holding a press conference right now to announce that nothing is going to change in terms of reopening for the next two weeks.

Thanks for the press conference, governor...

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
vaccinated people wear masks when in close contact for extended periods because vaccines aren't 100% effective and there's a thing called "breakout variants".

so it's OK for 2 vaccinated people to snap a photo together, but less OK for 10 vaccinated people to sit in a room together for an hour.

Are people really this fucking retarded?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
vaccinated people wear masks when in close contact for extended periods because vaccines aren't 100% effective and there's a thing called "breakout variants".

so it's OK for 2 vaccinated people to snap a photo together, but less OK for 10 vaccinated people to sit in a room together for an hour.

Are people really this fucking retarded?
The two 90 year olds are also at infinitely higher risk of dying of covid, than the ten vaccinated people in that room.

That of course is ignoring that in one of the pictures, he's by himself, non fitted masks are essentially useless in a static setting over an extended period, and that you're inadvertently (I hope) making an anti-vax argument about efficacy.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
The two 90 year olds are also at infinitely higher risk of dying of covid, than the ten vaccinated people in that room.

That of course is ignoring that in one of the pictures, he's by himself, non fitted masks are essentially useless in a static setting over an extended period, and that you're inadvertently (I hope) making an anti-vax argument about efficacy.
the fact that vaccines aren't 100% effective is not an anti-vax argument.

my point is that you have to mitigate risk, and pictures lack context.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
the fact that vaccines aren't 100% effective is not an anti-vax argument.

my point is that you have to mitigate risk, and pictures lack context.
Vaccination is the risk mitigation. If you're going to sit there and tell people "If you get vaccinated you still have to wear a mask and socially distance, etc" you've removed all incentive to get the vaccine. So yes, you're making an anti-vax argument.

Although I agree the pictures lack context, there's no debate that this is security theater.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Vaccination is the risk mitigation. If you're going to sit there and tell people "If you get vaccinated you still have to wear a mask and socially distance, etc" you've removed all incentive to get the vaccine. So yes, you're making an anti-vax argument.
the incentive for vaccinations is not unmasking.

that's incredibly uninformed.