General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

This is a lie by ommission and a false equivalency. Obama called a 'public health emergency' early into it, just not a 'national emergency'.

And there was a reason for that. The Swine flu was no different to the regular flu in terms of mortality. It's a false equivalency with coronavirus. That's why there was a more measured response in relation to level of 'emergency'.
2009 H1N1 US Deaths: 4,000
2020 Covid-19 US Deaths: 42

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
no joke:
I'm currently on vacation in Istanbul Turkey, and they are about to close down the airport for flights back to Germany and other countries tomorrow. yay!

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Grocery stores are mental packed here. Safeway had no collard greens or ribs.
Husband had to go to Smart & Final but the queues at the checkouts are like Christmas eve.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
no joke:
I'm currently on vacation in Istanbul Turkey, and they are about to close down the airport for flights back to Germany and other countries tomorrow. yay!
What are you going to do? Do you have enough money to bunker down in a hotel?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Okay, Santa Clara County have now banned any gathering over 100 people. It's hit us pretty hard here with new people recorded sick today.

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
All schools in Louisiana just closed for a month. Feel sorry for those parents that have to work and don’t have anyone to watch their kids. No gatherings over 250 people. 33 cases as of now.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
What are you going to do? Do you have enough money to bunker down in a hotel?
yo. I even just withdrew enough money for some weeks, actually.
but on a personal note, I got invited for business talks tor next week, an employment/business deal I have been stewimg aboit for more than 4 years in preparation. good times!
also my parents are 70+ and not in the best health. would rather like to be there, too

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
yo. I even just withdrew enough money for some weeks, actually.
but on a personal note, I got invited for business talks tor next week, an employment/business deal I have been stewimg aboit for more than 4 years in preparation. good times!
also my parents are 70+ and not in the best health. would rather like to be there, too
- meaning I cannot participate in the meeting and/or go through contracts. the turkish man at the hotel said they wanna lock down turkey for 4 weeks, german german media report a planned embargo for 4 days

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
- meaning I cannot participate in the meeting and/or go through contracts. the turkish man at the hotel said they wanna lock down turkey for 4 weeks, german german media report a planned embargo for 4 days
and I specifically went on a weeklong holiday to prepare pre the meeting, d'oh

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Grocery stores are mental packed here. Safeway had no collard greens or ribs.
Husband had to go to Smart & Final but the queues at the checkouts are like Christmas eve.
Just stay away for a few days.
I have normal needs at grocery but there ain't no way I'm going in there.

I have kidney beans and canned tomatoes. If I have to shoot some squirrels I will do that.

T

The Big Guy

Just stay away for a few days.
I have normal needs at grocery but there ain't no way I'm going in there.

I have kidney beans and canned tomatoes. If I have to shoot some squirrels I will do that.
I'm going to snipe iguanas and make all types of bbq and tacos

b00ts

pews&vrooms
Amateur Fighter
Oct 21, 2015
We had a company golf tournament tomorrow. Tons of money being dumped at this small course. They called the owner of our company and canceled the tournament :|