General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
the store food you can set aside for days or weeks before eating and maybe the virus dies by the time you touch it again
hrrmm, that's a reasonably good point. And especially for the individual.

But this is again that local health vs public health paradox.
I'm just trying to think of all the crowd dynamics. Like how do you take clusters and turn them into single lines where A is interacting with B, C, D... instead of clusters where the spread is X! (...DxCxBxA).

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
incorrect. it was a day after. google was in on it the entire time. but they were pissed and denied it because it let people know they already had access to their information which they do not want the general public to know. they denied they had 1700 engineers working on it but then admitted they had that many volunteers at the same number. you also fail to realize how much more access they have to peoples info now which benefits them. by the way, it is their sister company verily that was originally doing it..that could be why they originally denied it also. as everyone knows, google ceos hate tru mp but now they are embracing the " we are helping" role
This isn’t about hating or liking Trump or whether Google has your info or not. We should all know by now that Google has ALL of our info we type into a gmail email, a google chat, google searches, YouTube information etc etc.

The fact is that these folks are not on the same page and Trump going up there and claiming they are is not a great tactic. It’s something he does a lot (make the claim and hope someone steps up and claims they’ll work on it) and isn’t anything new. I just think they’re approaching this terribly and could be doing much more to quell the hysteria that’s going on while still working on a strategy to provide more tests etc. A website won’t do shit if folks can’t get tested to begin with.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Trump offers 'large sums' for exclusive access to coronavirus vaccine
The Trump administration has offered a German medical company “large sums of money” for exclusive access to a Covid-19 vaccine, German media have reported.

The German government is trying to fight off what it sees as an aggressive takeover bid by the US, the broadsheet Die Welt reports, citing German government circles.

The US president had offered the Tübingen-based biopharmaceutical company CureVac “large sums of money” to gain exclusive access to their work, wrote Die Welt.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can't imagine the calculations that have to go into this stuff. Like it's easy to say, "shut it now". But then what. As we've seen there are so many downstream ramifications. There's a sweet spot in there where you do it early enough but not so early you shoot yourself in the foot. But not too late that it was worthless. I don't envy those in this position.

If you shut borders, do you still allow commercial travel, ports, shipping? That's the thing I've wondered since the beginning. Supply lines. Where does each country get their stuff and what gets hit? what does okay because its domestic or has reserves?

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I can't imagine the calculations that have to go into this stuff. Like it's easy to say, "shut it now". But then what. As we've seen there are so many downstream ramifications. There's a sweet spot in there where you do it early enough but not so early you shoot yourself in the foot. But not too late that it was worthless. I don't envy those in this position.

If you shut borders, do you still allow commercial travel, ports, shipping? That's the thing I've wondered since the beginning. Supply lines. Where does each country get their stuff and what gets hit? what does okay because its domestic or has reserves?
A weakness in globalization.