General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Splinty @Splinty to give you an idea of how incompetent this government is that article is based on a public policy change that was announced through a paywalled news article

Good job folks make sure everyone knows.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Really? Because that doesn't at all meet the symptoms as put out by health agencies.
Those are globalists.
Some might think that if you just stay home for a few weeks we'll be okay as a coutry, but reality is that you need an Israeli N99 mask and a 5G faraday cage or you'll be peeing out your butt in no time.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Really? Because that doesn't at all meet the symptoms as put out by health agencies.
Agreed. My wife's lab is following this closely, I have no cough, fever isn't high, and I have a 4 month old in daycare. So it's likely a stomach bug from that little shit

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Here's your Coronavirus Rambo John J @Inside Job

Overlaying the illness to known flu tests to find flu like that isn't flu...

So if your hard black line falls with the grey lines, its historically the usual background virus.
But look at Missouri. And note all the recent upticks where historically everything is going down.
There's your coronavirus
I hear ya

the asymptomatic is the unknown variable it seems

Good Data...thanks for posting it

I think it hit the spots with international airports first of course...so the inland spots might just be starting

Gonna keep eating my garlic

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think it hit the spots with international airports first of course...so the inland spots might just be starting
Coasts are international ports of entry and population. They must be first.
Coasts are two weeks from that fast ramp up we see elsewhere.
Middle America is a week behind them, starting at places that have lots of links to the coasts...hello Austin and your huge number of transplants from Cali and the PNW!

NYC is about to teach us the way or really screw this up in 7-14 days.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've been banned from domestic travel btw. Not sure if I've posted that or if it was clear in the DOD news poster earlier.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Can't help but be a little skeptical of models that far off.
I think you have to make worst case projections for executives to have a bottom, but you don't release that piecemeal in the news. This is the delta between prep for a real disease and panic inducing nonsense that doesn't have a solution-oriented message with it. The whole article just says you're fucked and have a good day. And the headline is much more absolutist than the quotes in the article.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Can't help but be a little skeptical of models that far off.
They've used the worst case scenario for the headline. That said the report said we're only testing the seriously I'll in hospital and none of the care workers like nurses etc. The UK is looking at 300-500k dead.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I think you have to make worst case projections for executives to have a bottom, but you don't release that piecemeal in the news. This is the delta between prep for a real disease and panic inducing nonsense that doesn't have a solution-oriented message with it. The whole article just says you're fucked and have a good day. And the headline is much more absolutist than the quotes in the article.
That's what I'm finding the most frustrating about this situation. As someone taking this seriously, I can't help but notice that the media is deliberately inciting fear, and then social medai ends up being full of people who are either completely over reacting, or not reacting at all.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have 3 days left on my current project. Next project supposed to start end of week. Kinda curious how far through I'll make it before I dont have suppliers to complete it.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
They've used the worst case scenario for the headline. That said the report said we're only testing the seriously I'll in hospital and none of the care workers like nurses etc. The UK is looking at 300-500k dead.
Dude, that's just straight up fear mongering. They should be ashamed of themselves for publishing it.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Isnt that less than half what they're projecting in the states if they dont get their poop in a scoop.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
This is going to sound really selfish, but I'm so glad I did my fuckload of travel abroad a few weeks ago. I would be having an absolute nightmare queuing for 8 hours to get back into the country.