General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

bloomberg : "! He literally said the Quarantine is wrong and said that by requiring only Essential Employees go to work OFFENDS other workers who are non-essential................"

what a scumbag

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I imagine this is a harsh reality for a lot of areas.

Comparing to Louisiana that was referenced earlier due to similar population size:
There are 21,848 staffed beds in Louisiana, of which 2,363 are for intensive care.
Louisiana hospitals have a total 2,320 ventilators.

The US runs on pretty thin bed margins due to cost overheads, but we pay a LOT of money for end of life treatment for the medicare population, so our ICU numbers are pretty high. We would have to put the downgraded patients into tent hospitals.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Son of bitch.
sparkuri @sparkuri was
right.
It's China, bro.

The 2 things I hope come from this whole experience are 1) We adopt a culture of people staying the fuck home when they're sick, and 2) The international community wakes up to what pieces of garbage the Chinese government are, and does something about it.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The 2 things I hope come from this whole experience are 1) We adopt a culture of people staying the fuck home when they're sick, and 2) The international community wakes up to what pieces of garbage the Chinese government are, and does something about it.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Comparing to Louisiana that was referenced earlier due to similar population size:
There are 21,848 staffed beds in Louisiana, of which 2,363 are for intensive care.
Louisiana hospitals have a total 2,320 ventilators.

The US runs on pretty thin bed margins due to cost overheads, but we pay a LOT of money for end of life treatment for the medicare population, so our ICU numbers are pretty high. We would have to put the downgraded patients into tent hospitals.
Our provincial government is trying to cut deals with local hotels to house quarantined patients.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Our provincial government is trying to cut deals with local hotels to house quarantined patients.
our city is doing that with the homeless along the L.A river bike path because that area is sort of an artery for the entire city.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
It's China, bro.

they need to do something about those wet markets this is like the third pandemic that started there.

M

member 603

This one hits close to home since I'm in production, and have my IA card where I can work in Local 631 and 500..... Industry wide, there are 250,000+ production staff, lighting, audio, video, pyro/SFX, staging, rigging, craft service, quartermasters and heavy machinery people..... I've lost 8 weeks of work, at my day rate, my per diem rate.... It sucks..... Not to mention I can't get music gigs, Disney is closed so I can't manage events there, and the gym is dead..... Fuckin sucks