General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

I noted that in Twitter last night and someone came back with this...maybe someone with more financial know how can make sense of it, or at least tell if it's a BS answer or not...

View: https://twitter.com/CMargaronis/status/1240897813203972097?s=20
Not only was it in a blind trust, he husband sold it after it tanked (so it would be for no gain).... Then the stock started rise after that.

This is the thing that drives me crazy about Americans, (sadly specifically Republicans).... The other senators were caught red handed, dead to rights, and this shit happens, and the pivoting and what about it bullshit starts.... Not every situation is the same, just because Burr and that other bitch got caught, we don't have to get "equal offense" at Feinstein. That's the kind of bullshit that slows progress (and BTW Lue, you know I'm not going in on you here, just all politics and the idiots in this country).

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i've been going in to the lab from 0400-0800, before anyone comes in.
there's a bathroom next door to the lab, and I stopped on the way in to wash my hands - no soap.
no worries, I have hand sanitizer.

about 0700 I hit the bathroom, standing there and a construction contractor walks in, in his 20s.
stands at the sink, coughing like Typhoid Mary while he makes a big show of washing his hands, not knowing that I know there's no soap.

I turned around and said "#StayTheFuckHome" as I quick-stepped to the door.

Fuck. That. Guy.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Ahhh. All of California ordered to stay at home.
I have to go out later but for the first time since Saturday. Not much looking forward to it.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Not only was it in a blind trust, he husband sold it after it tanked (so it would be for no gain).... Then the stock started rise after that.

This is the thing that drives me crazy about Americans, (sadly specifically Republicans).... The other senators were caught red handed, dead to rights, and this shit happens, and the pivoting and what about it bullshit starts.... Not every situation is the same, just because Burr and that other bitch got caught, we don't have to get "equal offense" at Feinstein. That's the kind of bullshit that slows progress (and BTW Lue, you know I'm not going in on you here, just all politics and the idiots in this country).
It's all good from my end my man. I feel the same way. I'm actually getting annoyed when I see article referencing these as Republican Senator or Democrat Representative etc etc. I just wish they would call them out by name and that's it. Let's remove the party facade and see how folks treat them from there.

M

member 603

Ahhh. All of California ordered to stay at home.
I have to go out later but for the first time since Saturday. Not much looking forward to it.
You'll be ok, you survived SARS, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, Polio, Scurvy, the Spanish Influenza, the Bubonic plague, Locust attacks and boils in biblical Egypt, the Great Flood, The Ice Age, and the T-Rex Flu.... I'm sure you'll be just fine, ya Scouser Scallywag Pirate ;)

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's all good from my end my man. I feel the same way. I'm actually getting annoyed when I see article referencing these as Republican Senator or Democrat Representative etc etc. I just wish they would call them out by name and that's it. Let's remove the party facade and see how folks treat them from there.
political parties should be verboten.

they only exist to suppress the power of the informed citizen.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's inherently political you can't divorce the two.
do you think that President Hillary would have done anything differently?
We're talking about her bestest buddies in China and the same wealthy donors that the current POTUS is kneeling before.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
You'll be ok, you survived SARS, Swine Flu, Bird Flu, Polio, Scurvy, the Spanish Influenza, the Bubonic plague, Locust attacks and boils in biblical Egypt, the Great Flood, The Ice Age, and the T-Rex Flu.... I'm sure you'll be just fine, ya Scouser Scallywag Pirate ;)
Ahaha, can always rely on you to bring a titter when needed. I'm even out of a comeback.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
there was a infographic of the rise in cases with Trump's quotes downplaying the danger...

can't find it now, can anyone help me out?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Elon Musk is saying Tesla will make ventilators if there's a shortage. Can he not start now? He's been downplaying this but with his Elon Musk $$$ it would be nice.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
See, this is where I just don't understand the competing theories. The thread used to be about 5G bio weapon viruses created to usher in more globalism by people like Bill Gates and George Soros. Now the virus is destroying globalism?
Stoners gonna stoner.