General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm a little conflicted. As a general rule it's the demographic who should be most concered who are just sashaying all over the place like their invincible. If that's the attitude they're going to have fuck em.
They are only half the deaths. The other half is because they took up all the system after they all got sick. I've got some self-interest here.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
They are only half the deaths. The other half is because they took up all the system after they all got sick. I've got some self-interest here.
So what should we do, to both improve your job and kill off the morons? It seems like there must be some compromise to be found.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Tonight? Zero. About the same amount I've bought over the last 6 months.

Good for you!

So ,I guess as you have enough every six months is definitely the way forward.

maybe buy extra next time though. Pro tip.

your neighbours may also restock

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
fucking moron. most of the people who get the flu are immuno-compromised, and if you don't die there's no lasting damage.

#NotTheFlu

EDIT: 'fucking moron' directed at Ann, not BeardOfKnowledge @JonJonesBeard
and someone like that would use your "We're not testing everyone" and say "but they are testing everyone that dies with symptoms. So the actual mortality rate is even lower so it's no big deal?"

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
How much have you had to drink tonight?

Some bourbon.

4 cans of beers.

And a very cheeky Argentinean white. Although I still have a glass left on that.

I do like South American whites, depending on if I’m at the last Tiger I might open an Aussie white.
time will tell as the best journos say.

that’s a joke btw.

the worst journos say that.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
If you go through this pandemic in a national level lock down and have access to Netflix, And yet you DONT watch tiger King... You might as well pray for the virus to kill you now.
I will take your sage and handsome advice

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
and someone like that would use your "We're not testing everyone" and say "but they are testing everyone that dies with symptoms. So the actual mortality rate is even lower so it's no big deal?"
but we do have data from countries that are testing more, and have been for a long time. So we can make an educated estimation of the range wherein our mortality rate will fall...but even best case, 60% infected at 1% mortality is still 2M dead.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
"Yeah, but those countries have poor hygiene/ shit medical/ a lot of old people/etc."
i'm giving best case. I'm ignoring our population's average age, propensity for hypertension (more correlated than age), and other risk factors in the 'best case'.

EDIT - also ignoring all of the secondary deaths from over-capacity medical facilities...people with collapsed lung from a car wreck who can't get on a ventilator or diabetic shock that can't get an ambulance...etc.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
i'm giving best case. I'm ignoring our population's average age, propensity for hypertension (more correlated than age), and other risk factors in the 'best case'.
I'm just pointing out why testing capacity isn't worth worrying about. People taking this seriously are, people who aren't won't be convinced. For the serious crowd, what we have is adequately concerning, for the morons there's no convincing them. The area of concern right now should be standardized and fast testing. If memory serves it's still like a 6 day standard here which is unacceptable.