General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
lotta fear mongering right now brother
grain of salt
Yeah, but I'm wondering if that give it time to mutate. Let's say during the southern hemisphere's winter it becomes a different strain. Then next winter the northern hemisphere is fighting a mutated virus.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yeah, but I'm wondering if that give it time to mutate. Let's say during the southern hemisphere's winter it becomes a different strain. Then next winter the northern hemisphere is fighting a mutated virus.
anything is possible

IMO a lot of what is being passed as facts right now is pure propaganda and spin

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
He said they are seeing things in the southern hemisphere as the season starts to change.
Seasonal has to do with warm weather effecting a virus, like it does the seasonal flu, in this case, places with warm weather are being hit the same way as places with cold weather. That's not to say it couldn't mutate, but in the case of America or Canada, it's here until it's gone, it isn't going to disappear over the summer and come back in the fall like cold and flu season.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
3.56 AU per gallon is what I just calculated

So that is like almost 6 bucks a gallon in US money

holy shit that is bad
1.84US = 3.11 AU according to my currency calculator.

.95 AU cents= .56 cents US So he's like 2.24 per gallon.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Ok, this Dr. Just scared the shit out of me. He says it's possible that this thing will be seasonally cyclical.
In theory, we will be better prepped in terms of ventilators and possibly even with a vaccine (fingers crossed)

That's what these guys drilled in my dense head the other day that the key thing right now is to flatten the curve, to avoid the system overload which will cause a spike in otherwise preventable deaths had we enough ventilators

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
In theory, we will be better prepped in terms of ventilators and possibly even with a vaccine (fingers crossed)

That's what these guys drilled in my dense head the other day that the key thing right now is to flatten the curve, to avoid the system overload which will cause a spike in otherwise preventable deaths had we enough ventilators
The hard part is waiting. I haven't been this glued to the TV since the Gulf War in 2001.