General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Here's a question for SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD and Splinty @Splinty mostly...

About 2 months ago, without any thought of this crap in my mind, I scheduled an appt with a PCP for an initial check and then to get a physical as I haven't had a real PCP in about 15 years. Only time I go to the Dr is if I'm injured or need a vaccine for work.

Should I keep the appointment as scheduled or cancel it for now?
I cancelled my physical that was scheduled for earlier in the week. They weren’t too happy about my concerns since they kept insisting they’re not seeing “sick patients”. I told them I would be happy to reschedule on a couple of months but it’s not essential for me to get this physical done this week so it shouldn’t be a big deal. I think they were more concerned about losing business than my health though.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I cancelled my physical that was scheduled for earlier in the week. They weren’t too happy about my concerns since they kept insisting they’re not seeing “sick patients”. I told them I would be happy to reschedule on a couple of months but it’s not essential for me to get this physical done this week so it shouldn’t be a big deal. I think they were more concerned about losing business than my health though.
As a layman, you and Lukewarm Carl @Willthiswork are pretty crucial and should be in prime health. Isn't a luxury, and you shouldn't be feeling bad for what eventually is going to help society.

I cancelled a pap smear because it's routine and I'm not worried about anything but I'm sure as fuck having my next mammogram in May.

M

member 3289

They are definitely concerned about that. My doctor had a nurse tech outside his office doors checking people's temperatures before they went inside. He explained to me that it was only for people without flu symptoms to feel comfortable about coming to his office.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
As a layman, you and Lukewarm Carl @Willthiswork are pretty crucial and should be in prime health. Isn't a luxury, and you shouldn't be feeling bad for what eventually is going to help society.

I cancelled a pap smear because it's routine and I'm not worried about anything but I'm sure as fuck having my next mammogram in May.
If it were something specific or absolutely necessary I would ask them about options but this was just for a routine physical so I didn’t think it was worth the risk. My 80 year old mom lives with us so while I may be able to handle what the rona brings me, I really didn’t want to risk my mom getting it when I didn’t know I was carrying it.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If it were something specific or absolutely necessary I would ask them about options but this was just for a routine physical so I didn’t think it was worth the risk. My 80 year old mom lives with us so while I may be able to handle what the rona brings me, I really didn’t want to risk my mom getting it when I didn’t know I was carrying it.
Newp. It appears to be so damned contagious, and she's elderly so you're being really sensible.

M

member 603

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Thing is we are dependent on China for a lot of shit. Who didn't see this coming? We need to get our shit together.
automated domestic manufacturing.

Spend some trillions on that instead of spending it to keep the same dickheads on the board at Boeing or JP Morgan.

M

member 3289

"They're having problems down in Florida. A lot of New Yorkers are going down. We don't want that," he said as he left the White House.

I have been saying this FOR YEARS

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
bragging about being smarter than Trump is like bragging about having the biggest dick in the WNBA.