General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I get it, Orange Man Bad. He went to China and ate some bat soup.
this is exactly the type of deflection I was talking about. I brought up criticisms of the administration, you picked out what you thought was the weakest point, and then immediately pivoted to "enjoy your TrumpHate" and a backhand "Blame China"

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
this is exactly the type of deflection I was talking about. I brought up criticisms of the administration, you picked out what you thought was the weakest point, and then immediately pivoted to "enjoy your TrumpHate" and a backhand "Blame China"
So you think this is all Trump’s fault and not China’s?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
So you think this is all Trump’s fault and not China’s?
that's a false choice.

China created the situation, but they've been doing this for decades.

The lack of an appropriate response to something that is entirely predictable (and was well-predicted) is completely on Trump and other elected managers.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Splinty @Splinty , how do the 2 Navy hospital ships compare to a regular hospital? Are they small, med, or large? Does Comfort being in NYC really offer a good deal of help, or is it just window dressing?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty , how do the 2 Navy hospital ships compare to a regular hospital? Are they small, med, or large? Does Comfort being in NYC really offer a good deal of help, or is it just window dressing?
I only know what's in the news. Never been around anything of that sort. On paper they're super impressive and basically self-contained hospitals. Having another hospital in more beds can't hurt.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You mean move them away from an infected area to be quarantined elsewhere or released?
no
just release them, they weren't positive
happened yesterday, I posted the story here yesterday

released 10 sex offenders and 3 child rapists in NY

Meanwhile Texas passed a ban on doing exactly that, which makes sense

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
it's also part of a pattern of irresponsible comments and actions by our leaders (both sides).
I take particular issue with our POTUS downplaying risks, dismissing the need for containment, shipping 18 tons of PPE to China and not restocking it, overstating the efficacy/availability of pharmaceuticals and the seasonality of the virus, understating the importance of non-pharmaceutical intervention until it was far too late, and the push to saddle every American with $15k of debt in exchange for a $1.2k payout in the name of socializing private debt resulting from egregious mis-management.

it's hard to blame people for acting in their own selfish best interests...unless that person was elected to act in the interest of We The People.
Exactly. The misinformation, the sensationalizing by the press, the initial silence.. everything points to that we are on our own. People only do what they know, and our politicians have been a perfect example. The individual before the greater good.

M

member 603

no
just release them, they weren't positive
happened yesterday, I posted the story here yesterday

released 10 sex offenders and 3 child rapists in NY

Meanwhile Texas passed a ban on doing exactly that, which makes sense
Can't rape anyone if they're all locked down in quarantine.

Hell that should be NYC's stay at home ad...

"We just released rapists and child molesters, so if you don't want to get raped, stay inside".... Brought to you by Coronavirus 2020

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
that's a false choice.

China created the situation, but they've been doing this for decades.

The lack of an appropriate response to something that is entirely predictable (and was well-predicted) is completely on Trump and other elected managers.
And especially, CDC and WHO which really are political machines more than anything.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I've been surprised how well he's handling this. I'm sure there are things people can nitpick but generally speaking it seems like he's doing the best he can.
It seems, and it looks like, Cuomo is the answer. And I wish he was. But he is scum, made from the same material as Trump. He just says thing the other half of the country likes.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It seems, and it looks like, Cuomo is the answer. And I wish he was. But he is scum, made from the same material as Trump. He just says thing the other half of the country likes.
I'm sure Biden's handlers are changing his adult diapers twice as frequently as normal.

but Cuomo wouldn't have done anything differently if he was in the big chair (IMAO). He's just in an easier spot because he can deflect blame up.
Trump has to deflect blame laterally, which isn't as effective.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I'm sure Biden's handlers are changing his adult diapers twice as frequently as normal.

but Cuomo wouldn't have done anything differently if he was in the big chair (IMAO). He's just in an easier spot because he can deflect blame up.
Trump has to deflect blame laterally, which isn't as effective.
People just want to see a better guy. All you need now as a politician is to be more eloquent than Trump and that will be good enough. At least Trump, you see exactly for what he is. He's not pretending to not be an asshole.

FINGERS

Banned
Nov 14, 2019

I was surprised how his patter was the same new york 'no one has ever seen anything like this'

but he didn't lie. As far as I know

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I'm only familiar with his handling of this situation so admittedly I don't have a long history of looking into his record. I'm sure there's shit to dig up on everyone. It's really a game of what shit are you willing to ignore to accept what they're doing now. Trump for instance has done some terrible shit and continues to do it (IMHO) by lying non stop for his own benefit. I guess we can split hairs on how bad his lies are compared to anyone else's but you know, this is what we have to work with so relative to everything else how bad is Cuomo right now?

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015