General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Them crackhead college kids he was selling to are probably in successful careers at this point.
Haha. You might be right.
He provided the needed pick-me-up to get em through finals week.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
So what's your point here? Drug incarcerations in this country have long been excessive and racially driven... Drug dealing in this country, especially in urban centers have been driven by poverty and truthfully, the lack of legitimate options for employment or professions. The government introduced heroin and crack into urban communities dating back to the 60's, and no one gave a fuck about until white kids started doing the shit, THEN it because an "epidemic".

That inmate probably came up in a hard environment, with little to no options in life, turned to gangbanging and a life of crime, and sold drugs to the wrong white kid, and ended up with a blown up sentence in a for profit prison system.

I know that you're a good dude, but comments like this do upset me.... It makes me laugh because whenever stories like this come out, people get on their moral high horse and act holier than thou (not just you btw, this is a general observation). Too many people in this country are like "good, fuck that guy, he deserves 27 years"... But also aren't outraged enough when some CEO or Politician scams billions of dollars from millions of people....... If this crack dealer deserved 27 years, than all of those senators that withheld information from the public about this pandemic, to then sell off stock.... Well than they deserve the death penalty.... Because equal/equal.

My final mini rant is this.... If any of us in here have partaken in any sort of illegal narcotics activity (even if you're in a state that allows legal activity now), and have utilized the services of a dealer.... Let's not celebrate someone getting jail time for dealing recreationally here.
Bro! Chill! :D

I've always said that non-violent drug offenders shouldn't be jailed. I basically agree with everything you said.

But the article pointed out that he got 27 years for a non-violent drug charge. There's likely more to the story than that, but the reporter stopped there because he/she was looking for the reader's sympathy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
"Absurdly enhanced sentence"

US District Judge Alan Albright in 2008:
"Jones is a career offender with multiple prior offenses and a history of re-offending each time he is placed on parole."

Prior convictions: 9 burglaries and 3 other drug offenses.

He was on parole when he got busted for the non-violent drug offense that led to the "absurdly enhanced sentence".

Factual reporting is a lost art.

M

member 603

Bro! Chill! :D

I've always said that non-violent drug offenders shouldn't be jailed. I basically agree with everything you said.

But the article pointed out that he got 27 years for a non-violent drug charge. There's likely more to the story than that, but the reporter stopped there because he/she was looking for the reader's sympathy.
Aaaah Bro, man I'm sorry. For everyone, that wasn't directed at Hauler, I used his comment as a jump off for my statement. You're good with me.

It has been my observation though, that in the court of public opinion, hell even here in this forum a lot, there are a lot of holier than thou people who act in the judgemental manner I described. It KILLS me that there are people who go so hard in the paint in their opinions of people like that guy, but waiver in the opinion, or even excuse the behavior of greater criminal acts.

Hauler you're a good guy Bud, nothing but love.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I wonder what it's like trying to get a GP appointment right now? Mine was 2/3 weeks away before this all kicked off. For general stuff I ended up going to urgent care rather than seeing my actual doctor. I put off a pap smear due to a series of fuck ups and it isn't essential at the moment anyway so I'll worry about it when this all dies down.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
Crack does not equal all drugs. I wouldn't bet against Bush doing some blow, but is there proof?
Blow is one thing but crack is a whole other world. I can imagine lots of folks have tried blow (I've done my fair share in my 20's) but I've met very few who have crossed over that line into crack. It's a different world IMO.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Blow is one thing but crack is a whole other world. I can imagine lots of folks have tried blow (I've done my fair share in my 20's) but I've met very few who have crossed over that line into crack. It's a different world IMO.
whether you do crack or coke is more about money than the type of person you are.
If you'd do coke, you'd do crack if it was the only option.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
whether you do crack or coke is more about money than the type of person you are.
I used to be a pretty big coke head, never crossed the line to crack. I got in with a bad crowd when I was 17ish and saw 'friends' jack up with heroin, maybe I just saw it as a dangerous drug.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I beg to differ on that one. Crack is very different and isn't something I would consider a party drug. 90% of the folks who try cocaine never get addicted or let it affect their lives in a negative way. It's the folks who are predisposed to addiction issues, depression etc that may get hooked on it in the ways that everyone thinks of. Crack is a totally different high to seek and that usually attracts a different type of person than the average cocaine user.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
I used to be a pretty big coke head, never crossed the line to crack. I got in with a bad crowd when I was 17ish and saw 'friends' jack up with heroin, maybe I just saw it as a dangerous drug.
Same here but I was in my mid 20's. I've done enough partying to put a lot of people to shame lol. I've done it all but meth and crack. Those two are on a different level when compared to some blow that's been cut with baby laxatives or oxy's etc.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Same here but I was in my mid 20's. I've done enough partying to put a lot of people to shame lol. I've done it all but meth and crack. Those two are on a different level when compared to some blow that's been cut with baby laxatives or oxy's etc.
I didn't even know what meth was till Breaking Bad. I've had heroin unintentionally in a home made e capsule I bought, but that and crack just seemed...dirty in a way if that makes a lick of sense. I'm too stuck up for skeezy drugs :D