General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
And in news no-one wants to hear:

& Regarding "anti-bodies":

Not good.

Namaste

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
haha
FINGERS @Fingers
F @fingerass

bros
even if it is harder to pass viruses outside how is it that the media keeps stating that nobody has caught any viruses at the protests
how does this work bros?
1593385686390.png

M

member 3289

UPDATE!!!!

Reasons for Florida's exploding case numbers, according to Governor Ron DeSantis:

• We're testing more people, guys. More people = more positive tests (positive test rate increases)

• Guys we're testing younger people who are asymptomatic and don't go to hospitals (Hospitals report dwindling number of ICU beds available)

• IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!! (Not enough transient farm workers to support this)

• Less deadly strain of COVID-19 in Florida. The bar closings will fix everything (<--You are here)

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
UPDATE!!!!

Reasons for Florida's exploding case numbers, according to Governor Ron DeSantis:

• We're testing more people, guys. More people = more positive tests (positive test rate increases)

• Guys we're testing younger people who are asymptomatic and don't go to hospitals (Hospitals report dwindling number of ICU beds available)

• IMMIGRANTS!!!!!!!! (Not enough transient farm workers to support this)

• Less deadly strain of COVID-19 in Florida. The bar closings will fix everything (<--You are here)

I heard this morning on the radio that he has employed the time honored tradition of blaming "young people".

M

member 3289

I heard this morning on the radio that he has employed the time honored tradition of blaming "young people".
Yeah but this is the second time he's done it. And he's using low death totals as part of his justification (the other being legitimate statistics showing the age of those who test positive), which may be a mistake in 3-4 weeks' time when the positivity rate starts impacting the mortality rate.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Interesting, if you have time can you explain it to use non-doctors?

Those are two different studies first off.
Lots of this stuff isn't even peer-reviewed.
News takes thse studies that aren't peer reviewed and gives their own implication.
In this case they continue to push this idea that because anybody's are dropping off after a couple of months then this means no immunity and no vaccine.

Most of these studies are about the idea of how to tell who's recovered later.

these articles and the social media posts to go along with them continue to push this idea that this is abnormal (antibodies dropping off after a few months). This is what happens in all your antibodies when You're no longer exposed to a pathogen.
Make a bunch of different cells to kill it you create some short-term antibodies you create some long-term antibodies.

Like every other Corona virus some of us will potentially be able to get it again later. That's not what this means. It's basically a non-statement being pushed as news.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
News takes thse studies that aren't peer reviewed and gives their own implication.
In this case they continue to push this idea that because anybody's are dropping off after a couple of months then this means no immunity and no vaccine.

these articles and the social media posts to go along with them continue to push this idea that this is abnormal (antibodies dropping off after a few months). This is what happens in all your antibodies when You're no longer exposed to a pathogen.
Make a bunch of different cells to kill it you create some short-term antibodies you create some long-term antibodies.

Like every other Corona virus some of us will potentially be able to get it again later. That's not what this means. It's basically a non-statement being pushed as news.
Ok cool, thanks for the quick synopsis. That makes sense. Now I can talk about it with my wife and not look like a moron, thanks for that! I may even get laid after I show her how smart I am.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Thanks for that splintman.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You got me there.

However, it was reported that he was saying, "I can't breathe" while still standing. I'd say the test in this instance was a good call.

Not saying it was relevant to cause of death but nonetheless interesting.
So you're saying George Floyd was killed by covid19 and all these protests are over nothing?

I'm just fucking with you.